Votes: 9 4.4%
  • OTHER (specify)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
You're not bursting any bubbles. When it comes to grab-n-go, Subway is at the top. All fast food is crap, but you can't ague that Subway isn't the "best" nutrition-wise

Most grocery stores are open late, some 24/7. You have plenty of time to go to the deli and get some fresh sliced, non processed meats and some whole grain bread.

You absolutely can argue that it isn't the best. They buy some of the lowest quality, processed meats from Sysco. You will never see a real turkey or chicken breast, or a slab of roast beef, or even a meat slicer in any subway.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
And you're probably 5'5" and 300lbs....

Ha!

I'm not really fond of subway as well. I'm 5'10'' 151, and athletic.

Subway is not the "healthy" place it really advertises it is. They serve processed junk sandwich meat on a cheap piece of sub bread with days old veggies and other condiments. Yes, it's low calorie, but it's still junk food.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I'll eat the shit out of some subway. Was a point during last semester that I ate at subway once a day for a month. Literally the only fast food I eat any more.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Publix down here makes subs with boars head meat. Love it.

Publix subs are the best i've found down south in terms of taste and quality. Yet to find a real sub shop like we have in the northeast though. Sounds stupid but thats my least favorite part of living in Florida now

4a7191a

Established Member
Other... I don't go to subway. I'm my area they are horrible and fresh is loosely used. I prefer Jason's deli :). Cost more but its a whole lot more fresh. Plus free salad bar when you order a sammich :)

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
Lol 1 footlong sub (just the bread) = 1900mg of sodium, which is the max you should have in a DAY.

Gravik

Established Member
Bread: italian herbs and cheese
Meat: extra turkey
Toppings: lettuce, cucumber, onions, spinach, green peppers, cheddar cheese

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
If I go to subway it's Turkey on white, with provolone (since they have no Swiss ), loaded with pickles and mayo.
Honestly for sandwiches I prefer little local shops like a place here in Wichita called Moe's. They are the only place I've been to where they cut their pickles the long way and are nice and thin. They just layer them on. Plus meat fresh off the slicer just tastes better to me.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Not to burst your bubble but subway food quality is crap. They use some of the worst and cheapest processed meats you can buy.

Happy lunching.

This!!!!, I live in a boarder city and our subway in Canada is 100x's better. Everything is so fresh, the meat is real. America subway chicken scares me.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Publix subs are the best i've found down south in terms of taste and quality. Yet to find a real sub shop like we have in the northeast though. Sounds stupid but thats my least favorite part of living in Florida now

There is a Brooklyn style sandwich shop near me that's awesome (I'm in FL). Only one I've seen so far.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Processed meats don't go in my home or sandwiches. I buy either Boars Head or Hormel Natural sliced meats, all natural hotdogs and sausage with no nitrates, Perdue chicken products and fresh ground beef and turkey. Subway meat is full of nitrates.

If I do go to Subway it's either for a breakfast sub ala steak, egg and cheese or a roasted chicken breast with double meat and every vegetable they have on wheat or oat bread.

VNMUS03

Established Member
Maaaaan.. When it comes to grab and go, I head to my local grocery store. I get a half a pound of their precooked jumbo shrimp, a pack of unsalted walnuts, and a piece of fruit.
Now that's a lunch lol

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Would rather do Jersey Mike's but when I hit Subway it's 6" spicy italian on parmesan oregano bread, provolone cheese toasted. Then it's spinach, tomatoes, red onions, banana peppers, oil and vinegar.

Users who are viewing this thread