• Ham & Turkey

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • OTHER (specify)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaz109

Established Member
Veggie or turkey...everything except bell pepper and pepperoncini extra jalapeño and avocado

Adower

Established Member
Health nut but you love subway? Have you read what they put in their breads?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I walk back out and go to Jersey Mikes if not Firehouse Subs.

I don't eat crap like subway.
firehouse for the win. I love their subs.

as far as subway goes, I only eat there when I have no other choice like when I am out here in the 'stan or iraq.

if you can't find a good sub shop that doesn't suck in Texas you are doing it wrong, that much is certain

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I much prefer Which Wich, Jersey Mike's, Grouchos, Publix or one of the local sandwich shops, but sometimes I do eat Subway since there is one at the gas station I stop at on the way into work. I normally get a cold cut cumbo with lettuce, onions, pepper, o/v, mayo, italian bread, american cheese and parm cheese. Sometimes I get double meat. I do on occasion get the club, bmt, the tuna or the steak.

Subway, however, owns Jimmy Johns. I like Firehouse but a bit pricey. Quizno's is okay on occasion and I rarely eat Blimpie. There is a local Italian restaurant behind my work and they make the best Italian subs.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
My "standard" sub is a Italian BMT on flat bread. Cheddar or provolone cheese, I won't eat American "cheese". ALL the veggies. Creamy sriracha and just a little ranch.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
$5 foot long is not a bad deal at all, seems everyone here eats $16 sandwiches :rolleyes:

Subway has had foot long tuna sandwiches for $5 (January), I get that with NO cheese and NO sauces.
Just load it up with all the veggies (minus: onions, peperoncini, lettuce)
All of those veggies will make it quite a juicy sandwich, should be low in calories too since you're not putting in mayo or chipotle sauce.

kaz109

Established Member
$5 foot long is not a bad deal at all, seems everyone here eats $16 sandwiches :rolleyes:

Subway has had foot long tuna sandwiches for $5 (January), I get that with NO cheese and NO sauces.
All of those veggies will make it quite a juicy sandwich, should be low in calories too since you're not putting in mayo or chipotle sauce.

This is svtp man I guess you forgot that. Everybody here is too good for subway and $16+ sandwiches on credit since the avg credit score on svtp is 800+ lol...

BTW I use to get the tuna but it was gross once and I never went back to it. Turkey or Veggie FTW!

Adiabatik

Banned

You do know that they use a lot of mayo in the tuna, right?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
This is svtp man I guess you forgot that. Everybody here is too good for subway and $16+ sandwiches on credit since the avg credit score on svtp is 800+ lol...

BTW I use to get the tuna but it was gross once and I never went back to it. Turkey or Veggie FTW!

I'm not too good for it, I just care about what I put in my body. Low in calories and fat and being good for you are not synonymous. Preservatives, additives and fillers used to keep costs down cause health problems. How can subway charge 5 for a foot long sub loaded with veggies, condiments, bread etc when 1/2lb of quality meat cost about that or more from a deli? Cheap, low quality ingredients to increase profit margins and keep costs down. They put Turkey flavoring in their turkey. WTF? If I read the ingredients and cannot pronounce it, I don't eat it.

I have a deli a few miles from me that uses nothing but Boars head meats and loads subs and only chgs $8-9. It's a mom and pop Italian deli. Their are plenty out there

When my cousin used to lift with me he would always get a whopper or some other junk afterwards while I drank sustained release protein shakes. His thinking was its protein, what does it matter? There is a difference btw protein and quality protein. Spam has protein but would you eat it? I sure has hell wouldn't. He still doesn't get it and wonders why he doesn't see the results he wants.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

I get Turkey every now and then. I just started doing the no cheese and no sauces. I do know tuna has mayo in it, I used to load up with mayo but have stopped.
Guess Ill go with a no cheese, wheat bread, turkey sandwich loaded with veggies.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Not to burst your bubble but subway food quality is crap. They use some of the worst and cheapest processed meats you can buy.

Happy lunching.

I am a glorified health nut. I never eat anything that's fried and I try to stay away from foods either containing or made with any oils/sugar. I also work a LOT and don't have a lot of time to cook, although I love it. So, I find myself grabbing something to eat quite often and sine because I detest fast food joints, I head to Subway 98% of the time. I swear, I don't even have to order anymore, they have my shit waiting for me....

Anyways, the sandwich combo's at Subway are virtually endless and I've never heard the same exact one ordered twice. So, what's everyone's go-to sub of choice?

(size is irrelevant)

Structure:

-Sandwich type
-Bread
-Cheese
-Toasted
-Condiments
-Vegetables
-Other

MINE:
-Ham & Turkey
-Italian
-None
-Yes
-Used to be just vinegar, now its vinegar & sriracha
-pickles, olives, green peppers, extra onion, jalepeno
-salt & pep

Yup - preservatives hell.

Adiabatik

Banned
ROFL so I suppose SVTP doesn't ANY fast food, EVER. I don't think anyone can argue that Subway is better than any other fast food joint.

Users who are viewing this thread