• Ham & Turkey

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • OTHER (specify)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Processed meats don't go in my home or sandwiches. I buy either Boars Head or Hormel Natural sliced meats, all natural hotdogs and sausage with no nitrates, Perdue chicken products and fresh ground beef and turkey. Subway meat is full of nitrates.

If I do go to Subway it's either for a breakfast sub ala steak, egg and cheese or a roasted chicken breast with double meat and every vegetable they have on wheat or oat bread.

Boars head is great but id spend the extra money on Bell & Evans chicken products over Perdue. The taste is not even comparable and the quality is top notch w B&E

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
lol @ all the "health nuts".

For me I get turkey w/ lettuce, tomato, pickle, bell pepper, salt/pepper, mustard and mayo.

Last edited:

Spectre500

23yrs USAF RET
Established Member
Let me tell you the Subway we have here in Florida is the best, They are always baking fresh bread, and the Roast Beef is not processed, either is their Tuna, Pepperoni and Salami. My favorite is the Melt, with extra bacon with pepperjack cheese, lettuce, green peppers, onions, olives and light mayo. You can go crazy on the veggies if you want, Try asking for extra anything at Firehouse or Lenny's. Price point is right on target, beats the hell out of any fast food sandwich shop.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
Footling spicy Italian on wheat. Toasted. Light lettuce, onions, and sometimes tomatoes. Provolone cheese. Chipotle sauce. Done

I also usually get the dannon yogurt with chopped nuts

forbanger

Established Member
Kinda funny how alot of people said this was one of the works food. I lost 60lbs eating subway for lunch and dinner when I went through a diet phase. Lol!!! This is too funny.

Adiabatik

Banned
Publix subs are the best i've found down south in terms of taste and quality. Yet to find a real sub shop like we have in the northeast though. Sounds stupid but thats my least favorite part of living in Florida now

Holy shit yes! I ate the crap out of those when I lived in Georgia. I worked nest door and had their sandwiches everyday for lunch. The deli's here suck bawls.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Kinda funny how alot of people said this was one of the works food. I lost 60lbs eating subway for lunch and dinner when I went through a diet phase. Lol!!! This is too funny.

Processed meat and nitrates have nothing to do with you losing weight. Consuming less calories and fat did. :beer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_nitrate

That is in all cheap and processed meats like cold cuts, hotdogs, sausage etc.. It's more expensive to buy foods without it but I like to eat healthy and my 4yr old son does not know the difference.

And for those that did not read all the way thru the above link here is the health concern portion as to why I don't eat much Subway.

Health concerns

Studies have shown a link between increased levels of nitrates and increased deaths from certain diseases including Alzheimer's, diabetes mellitus and Parkinson's, possibly through the damaging effect of nitrosamines on DNA, however, little is done to control for other possible causes in the epistemological results.[9] Nitrosamines, formed in cured meats containing sodium nitrate and nitrite, have been linked to gastric cancer and oesophageal cancer.[10] Sodium nitrate and nitrite are associated with a higher risk of colorectal cancer.[11] World Cancer Research Fund UK,[12] states that one of the reasons that processed meat increases the risk of colon cancer is its content of nitrate. A small amount of the nitrate added to meat as a preservative breaks down into nitrite, in addition to any nitrite that may also be added. The nitrite then reacts with protein-rich foods (such as meat) to produce NOCs. NOCs can be formed either when meat is cured or in the body as meat is digested.

Last edited:

Adiabatik

Banned

I've lost 120lbs in the last 3 years with Subway making up a lot of my diet as well :beer:

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
If I walk into a subway, its to quickly find the bathroom so I can piss out a 12 pack of beer and keep on living my life:lol1:

VNMUS03

Established Member

Whatever you substituted with subway must have been some terrible food.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
6 inch Steak and Cheese on Wheat

Toasted With:
Pepper Jack
Green Peppers
Onions
Black Olives
Sometimes Jalapeno

Add after toasting:

Marinara
Oregano
Parmesan
Salt & Pepper

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
No offense bro but if you had 120lbs to lose it was portions and nothing else. You could've ate nothing but Oreos all day and still lost 100lbs

The only way to ever get that big in the first place is straight up just eating all day with zero excercise

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I'd rather have a salad from McDonald's. The last time I had a sandwich from them it was terrible.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato and white American, toasted on wheat.

Users who are viewing this thread