Some New Mods Delivered While I Was on Vacation

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I wonder if the impact push the sensors downward and that's why they didn't go off. But man hard enough to crack the LCD screen that's crazy
The impact sensors should trigger so quickly that the neccessary bags blow before the sensors get shifted in any one direction to where they vould be taken out of commission.

Pretty sure the NHTSA conducts this very scenario and maybe even at a lower speed to test the quality of the airbags and structural integrity of the vehicle. I actually remember them noting that the F150 Crew Cab's cabin holds up extremely well but the extended cab is not as good. That's kind of the obvious first sign of concern though.

Hopefully they dont try to conclude that your tune interfered with safety equipment and sensors.

As far as repairs go if it doesn't total, as long as the rails are okay, everything else can be swapped easily on these trucks. If you play your cards right with the shop who repairs it you could come out with some money to spare. Just looking at it, my guess is it is going to be about an $9k repair but could top $11-12k if there is more hidden damage or suspension damage. Those screens are like $1800 I believe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The impact sensors should trigger so quickly that the neccessary bags blow before the sensors get shifted in any one direction to where they vould be taken out of commission.

Pretty sure the NHTSA conducts this very scenario and maybe even at a lower speed to test the quality of the airbags and structural integrity of the vehicle. I actually remember them noting that the F150 Crew Cab's cabin holds up extremely well but the extended cab is not as good. That's kind of the obvious first sign of concern though.

Hopefully they dont try to conclude that your tune interfered with safety equipment and sensors.

As far as repairs go if it doesn't total, as long as the rails are okay, everything else can be swapped easily on these trucks. If you play your cards right with the shop who repairs it you could come out with some money to spare. Just looking at it, my guess is it is going to be about an $9k repair but could top $11-12k if there is more hidden damage or suspension damage. Those screens are like $1800 I believe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The 2015 crew cab was designed after the extended cab and the changes in crash safety testing happened somewhere in between. The crew cab got extra bracing and the extended cab didn't as it was too late in the development cycle. I don't remember when or if the extended cab ever got it.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Hopeful for a fast recovery for your wife. Impacts like that can affect muscle groups weeks later. Keep aware of yourself as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that wicked sucks!!
Good luck going forward and I hope your wife gets well soon!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@Sonic605hp sorry it took me so long to get with you, I've been fighting internet issues all day after a big storm last night.

To be completely honest, I'm not exactly sure what can be done, or what will be done.

I would start with your insurance company, and possibly consult an attorney.

2k2leenin

Established Member
That's a garbage answer. Change in velocity means nothing without the change in time over which it occurred.
True, but we're talking about a crash which last on average .2 seconds... Also, a second vehicle that ran a red light (assuming ~35 to 40 MPH)... And a change in velocity of 5 MPH.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
To clarify a statement made several posts back, I think OP mentioned the screen was broken because OP was trying to hold back his wife after impact, and in the process his hand/forearm was forced into the screen. The impact itself didn't break the screen.

Buddy you're lucky your shoulder is ok - but that's a completely normal reflex. As was mentioned, you should get checked out if you haven't already. It can take days or longer for issues to show themselves with soft tissue injuries as swelling goes down and things stiffen up. Well wishes to the wife and you also.

That's the thread I remember seeing. That F100 is awesome!

M91196

Established Member
The 2015 crew cab was designed after the extended cab and the changes in crash safety testing happened somewhere in between. The crew cab got extra bracing and the extended cab didn't as it was too late in the development cycle. I don't remember when or if the extended cab ever got it.

Didn't the extended cab get crash bars in 2016, or was that for side impact.

As far as talking to you, It's all lawyers for you now. I work for an OEM that's subject to NHTSA (not relevant but interesting) and of course consumer lawsuits, your a rep of the company so anything said can be pulled in to a lawsuit and is so we can't talk about anything. The way internal communication about things like accidents and recalls are handled is insane, all subject to attorney client privilege as protection.

Hope your both OK and suffer no long term injuries. Best of luck.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I would still get checked out in your case. Just to be sure. But I really hope the issues with your wife normalise and she gets better with no long lasting side effects. Sorry to hear what she is dealing with now.

Keep us posted on the Ford end of it. You said they were sending out a Rep to look at the truck right?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks man. Luckily Mass has stringent laws about coverage plus the truck is owned by a business, he was a working for them. The Wife is still very sore and having issues. The impact caused a hiatal hernia (her stomach was pushed upward through the top of her diaphragm and part of her stomach remained that way) which has resulted in reflux, trouble keeping food down, difficulty breathing, and general discomfort. She may have to have surgery at some point as a result. She has several hematomas on her waist, chest, lower leg, and back. Her T9 which was originally thought to be fractured suffered damage to the surrounding tissue and is causing her pain as well. The pain in her chest is worse than it would be as well be cause she got bolt-ons in February.
I pray that she has a fast recovery. Those are some serious injuries. Thank God it wasn't worse. You have to be so careful nowadays, with so many drivers distracted while driving. Not saying the other driver was distracted, but it happens way too often, resulting in unnecessary and often very serious accidents.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
^^ they did get them starting in 2016.
Only the regular cab and Raptor dont have the crash bars.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Thanks Bob. Yea, I'm not sure what the hell he was thinking. I could see him looking straight ahead and not texting or anything that I noticed. Maybe he was just having a shit day.

I pray that she has a fast recovery. Those are some serious injuries. Thank God it wasn't worse. You have to be so careful nowadays, with so many drivers distracted while driving. Not saying the other driver was distracted, but it happens way too often, resulting in unnecessary and often very serious accidents.

fearthesnake

Established Member
How did the driver side mirror get broken? From the force of the collision? I sure hope your wife recovers fully.

My wife hit a big concrete barrier in her new Jeep Grand Cherokee recently. From the front third of the front bumper back to the driver side door was smashed. Split the rim in half and even the engine bucket had to be replaced. Her head hit the steering wheel and no air bags deployed.

Over $9K in damages and 2 bulging disks now needing treatments or surgery. No one knows why the bags didnt deploy. Sensors were even damaged.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Welp, it looks like the truck is going to be totaled, the frame was damaged and in order to repair it correctly the motor, fenders, cab, and bed would have to be pulled making the repair cost astronomical. The good news I guess is that I found a '17 platinum 3.5EB with the new 10 speed that was a demo for an absolute steal. It's not the color I would pick if I were to have another one built but it will do and I'll feel better about it knowing that I saved $17k vs ordering a brand new '18 which I would have configured almost identically. Let the mods begin. (Again)

f3e9323862e03f06877d0597b7c.jpg

805af3b74ea861a38de42ee711b.jpg

3589dc4301719636e69067c4e5e.jpg

752c40a792ae9d5fc30a044ed06.jpg

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Thanks man! Luckily I kept most of my stock parts and my insurance company is allowing me to swap a lot of the aftermarket stuff that I have on the truck and it'll transfer over to the '17, it's especially nice because my Mother just got me new Infinity Kappa Perfect speakers and a Kicker woofer and amp enclosure for the rear. Now I just have to have 5startuning unlock my SCT x4 tuner once the truck is delivered. But my first mod will be to powder the rims black, paint the rear 'platinum' panel (that I hate) body color as well as the chrome door handles (which I also hate). Like I said I wouldn't have ordered a truck that way or in that color but the price was too good.

Nice truck.

Sorry to hear about your wife, hopefully she makes a full recovery.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Did 17s get the 2nd gen 3.5 in addition to the 10sp?

Feel stronger than yours was stock, or has that been too long to recall?

Users who are viewing this thread