Speeding ticket.. 42mph over

Blownsvt84

Established Member
Where you in the 900+ hp Cobra that's in your sig? Was he strapped to a rocket or something?

yeah i was. I think the cop was accelerating down the on ramp before i ever passed by him and I never saw him at all since he would have been behind me the entire time. I had ended the pull and was on the brakes slowing down fast wehn i saw the lights on my ass. Sure I could have down shifted and floored it and probably gotten away from him before he had a cnahce to radio for any help but i think he had already seen my tag and I wasn't about to make a bad situation worse.

in the end he wrote me for a measely ticket. statute he cited is for exceeding 65mph on a non interstate hwy. it is a $145 fine. But I have a mandatory court appearance. All I can do is hope for the best. Guessing the officer citing me for that statute was probably his way of saying you shouldn't have been doing what you were doing but at least you did it on an empty highway in broad daylight when no other cars were on the road. Reaching that speed took all of 5 seconds. Sure wish i could take back those 5 seconds.

Blownsvt84

Established Member
If you keep your license for 136 in a 65 I will be amazed, especially if you do it without an attorney. You might want to speak to one that deals with traffic offenses in that court.

All I can do is hope for the best. I have an otherwise clean record with o major traffic viollations or criminal charges. Taking my license does nothing but penalize others (ie my kids) and prevent me from going to work. seems kinda pointless since it doesn't benefit the state in anyway. Guessing they would rather see me write a fat check to line their pockets.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Man u got off lucky with just speeding. A frined of mine got 138 in a 65, wreckless driving, and his car was impounded! He's F ed

Blownsvt84

Established Member
Man u got off lucky with just speeding. A frined of mine got 138 in a 65, wreckless driving, and his car was impounded! He's F ed

He didn't take my car, or take me in. He did not check the box for wreckless or endangerment either. He cited me for speed using the statute I mentioned above. I don't know if the court has to stick by what the officer issues or if the prosecutor can try to pile on once I am in there.

txyaloo

Established Member
Taking my license does nothing but penalize others (ie my kids) and prevent me from going to work. seems kinda pointless since it doesn't benefit the state in anyway. Guessing they would rather see me write a fat check to line their pockets.

LOL! I see you don't understand the point of tickets, fines, and penalties. Taking your license isn't supposed to benefit the state. It's supposed to make you think about what an ass you were and be a deterrent to you speeding in the future. It's supposed to penalize you and others.

If you need to drive to work, they'll put you on a restricted license.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
My response when I get pulled over and asked if I know how fast I was going is "Probably faster than I should have been going". I'm not lying and I'm not admitting to any particular speed.

Planter

Banned
Ticket was for 112 in a 70. I'm going to get a lawyer so hopefully they will reduce the speed so I don't lose my license or my insurance company drop me.

most states, if you're doing 100 or more, they will not reduce it to a non-moving violation, even if you have an attorney.

now if you know a good attorney who's all buddy buddy with the prosecutor, you might be able to get it knocked down to 99 in a 70 or something along those lines, but expect to pay some heavy fines and court costs.

here in TN, anything 100 mph or more, is loss of license for a year, 7 days in jail, then when you get your license back you have to get SR-22, attend a driving school, and pay steep court costs and fines.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Thank you.. Lol anyone ever got a ticket like this that can tell me what their fines were?

Call the clerk of the court. They will give you the most accurate answer. This is like asking people what they pay for auto insurance, your rates will vary.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
He is not asking for what he should have said or what he did wrong. He is asking for what fines to expect. Read the op

To answer the OP's question...He should expect high fines.

He posted on a public forum. Do you really think people join these forums to read "he should expect high fines in excess of xxxx dollars"? If everyone gave a sterile answer to every question posed on svtp and did not interject a single bit of opinion or other fact it would be pretty damn boring to read.

I'm pretty sure if I post within the rules of the forum I'm gonna be just fine. But thank you for your concern for the OP's question.

Do you have the answer to his question? Cause I'm pretty sure you failed to give it.

kthxbai :kaboom:

03_termi

Established Member
To answer the OP's question...He should expect high fines.

He posted on a public forum. Do you really think people join these forums to read "he should expect high fines in excess of xxxx dollars"? If everyone gave a sterile answer to every question posed on svtp and did not interject a single bit of opinion or other fact it would be pretty damn boring to read.

Lol this is true it would be very boring without some shit giving and opinions. I figured quite a few people on here have gotten tickets like I did and thought they might be able to give me some kind of idea.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Lol this is true it would be very boring without some shit giving and opinions. I figured quite a few people on here have gotten tickets like I did and thought they might be able to give me some kind of idea.

GL Bud Im sure you learned from this, I hope. Now go get an attorney and keep us posted!

boostedvert

Established Member
you should be okay man, ive pulled some pretty bad tickets back in the daredevil days. points are assessed by the court& usually if you go in there and talk to the prosecutor and apologize and not try to make up excuses to why you were pulled over at 112, chances are they will reduce your ticket significantly.

Blownsvt84

Established Member
LOL! I see you don't understand the point of tickets, fines, and penalties. Taking your license isn't supposed to benefit the state. It's supposed to make you think about what an ass you were and be a deterrent to you speeding in the future. It's supposed to penalize you and others.

If you need to drive to work, they'll put you on a restricted license.

I think I understand it pretty well. You are kidding yourself if you think they are not out there to generate revenue. If suddenly no one was out speeding and getting ticketed there would be a huge shortfall of revenue for the state government.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My response when I get pulled over and asked if I know how fast I was going is "Probably faster than I should have been going". I'm not lying and I'm not admitting to any particular speed.

That is still a self incriminating statement.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I think I understand it pretty well. You are kidding yourself if you think they are not out there to generate revenue. If suddenly no one was out speeding and getting ticketed there would be a huge shortfall of revenue for the state government.

I wouldn't be able to write tickets without someone committing an infraction.

The "state government" thanks you for your patronage.

btw, you should look up how fines are distributed in your area. you might be surprised where the money goes.

Blownsvt84

Established Member
I wouldn't be able to write tickets without someone committing an infraction.

The "state government" thanks you for your patronage.

btw, you should look up how fines are distributed in your area. you might be surprised where the money goes.

Oh yeah I am sure it goes to all sorts of crap which is why I said what i did in my last post.

BTW I had court this morning. I kept my license. I plead guilty to a careless driving and paid a $285. Oh and I did not bring a lawyer.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
Oh yeah I am sure it goes to all sorts of crap which is why I said what i did in my last post.

BTW I had court this morning. I kept my license. I plead guilty to a careless driving and paid a $285. Oh and I did not bring a lawyer.

Congrats. Now you have a criminal record.

Users who are viewing this thread