Speeding ticket.. 42mph over

03_termi

Established Member
you are not taking responsibility for your actions when you try to get it reduced, especially to the extent you are talking about. it is called responsibility advoidance.

get your shit in order now. give your boss fair warning, be sure you have enough vacation time to cover the time you are in jail.
My lawyer will get the jail time dropped off

54gt

Established Member
shoulda just said yep i know how fast i was going... so howd you catch up? haha..... my biggest ticket was 29 over, i didnt get arrested and i got out of the ticket... then i framed it haha

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
maybe you should actually read the thread. he HAS a lawyer ...

My bad, I confused someone else's post of their outcome with the OP. My apologies.

I will put in my two cents though. Back in 2000 I was caught doing 95 in a 55 in Virginia. I got a lawyer and my ticket was dropped, but I paid $800 fine. I pretty sure that is how it went down. Shitty part was I had to drive 8 hours there for court.

Turbo5351

Established Member
I suppose the thing to look at is was it a county, city, or state officer? If he clocked you on radar he has to be certified and the radar has to be ceritfied. You might get lucky if it was a county officer that is gung-ho and bought his own radar gun to write citations. Where I live the sheriff does not support radar and does not supply them to his officers. With that said 50% of the officers have purchased their own radar guns and write citations. Without being certified and calibrated the system is a fail and will always be thrown out.

Then your other problem is that you admitted to doing 112ish. If the officer has video and audio of that conversation your probably going to be found guilty.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I suppose the thing to look at is was it a county, city, or state officer? If he clocked you on radar he has to be certified and the radar has to be ceritfied. You might get lucky if it was a county officer that is gung-ho and bought his own radar gun to write citations. Where I live the sheriff does not support radar and does not supply them to his officers. With that said 50% of the officers have purchased their own radar guns and write citations. Without being certified and calibrated the system is a fail and will always be thrown out.

Wow, please provide a link to back up your claim that officers purchased their own radar units and write summons based on those readouts.

03_termi

Established Member
In the county I used to live in the county cops did not have radar either. But they didn't buy their own radar guns lol. A county cop told me it was because they didn't want counties sitting on the highways just giving speeding ticket but wanted them out on gravel.

Turbo5351

Established Member
Wow, please provide a link to back up your claim that officers purchased their own radar units and write summons based on those readouts.

This is based on the county I used to work for. My knowledge of what was stated is fact. Since leaving the county and advancing my career I found out about the certifications and calibrations of the units.

MAXSE2kMT

HAIL THE AMBER LAMPS!
Established Member
Wait, so the LEO did not show to court and you still got fined? To my knowledge, every time a LEO doesn't show for a court appearance the case is thrown out and you are free to go. Only happened to me once, however, friends have been let go numerous times due to LEO's not showing to court.

In NY this is not the case. The judge has the discretion to adjourn to a later date if the leo does not show up to court. And I've been told by my lawyer that it is not uncommon for the case to be adjourned twice if the leo fails to show. It is not automatically thrown out and this is a huge misconception in NY, but might be different elsewhere.

Good luck op, I received a ticket for 92 in 50 when I was younger and foolish in my driving. Leo gave me hell and wanted to rip me out of the car rightfully so. Also threw a tailgating and driving in the buslane ticket on top of the speeding. 17 points I belive when all was said and done. Lawyer took care of everything and I kept my license, but I paid a very, very large amount in fines and took a defensive driving course. That was the last time I have ever been pulled over as it served as a tremendous wake up call to me. I could have hurt myself or someone else on the road that morning just so I wouldn't be late for work. So ignorant and immature.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
This is based on the county I used to work for. My knowledge of what was stated is fact. Since leaving the county and advancing my career I found out about the certifications and calibrations of the units.

Of course you are claiming this bogus statement to be fact, now back it up with actual fact.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Ouch...and I was freaking out for going 73 in a 55 lol...I hope everything works out ok for you!

slow_302

Established Member
So I only read maybe half of this thread, the other half I don't have the patience for.

A lot of people posted to tell the cop "I don't know" or "Yes" if you are asked how fast you are going and to snake their way out of it by not saying anything, pleading the 5th, whatever, etc. Honestly, you're all retarded for thinking that. Twice now I have been caught doing 45+ over the limit, both times left with a slap on the wrist. One was a verbal warning, second a speeding ticket of 9 over.

I've now learned my lessons and am moving violation/warning free for 2 years.

But you know what I did? I was 100% honest with both officers and answered all their questions as sincerely as I could. Both times I thought I was going to jail. Both times I was pulled out of the car and brought to the back. Both times both officers thanked me for being honest with them. They both shook my hand and told me to keep my speed under control and don't do it again. To top it off, both times were in 2 different states... go figure.

But whatever, that's just my $.02.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
So I only read maybe half of this thread, the other half I don't have the patience for.

A lot of people posted to tell the cop "I don't know" or "Yes" if you are asked how fast you are going and to snake their way out of it by not saying anything, pleading the 5th, whatever, etc. Honestly, you're all retarded for thinking that. Twice now I have been caught doing 45+ over the limit, both times left with a slap on the wrist. One was a verbal warning, second a speeding ticket of 9 over.

But you know what I did? I was 100% honest with both officers and answered all their questions as sincerely as I could. Both times I thought I was going to jail. Both times I was pulled out of the car and brought to the back. Both times both officers thanked me for being honest with them. They both shook my hand and told me to keep my speed under control and don't do it again. To top it off, both times were in 2 different states... go figure.

Phew, and here I was worried that we weren't going to get definitive and conclusive legal answers offered via a guy from Utah talked to two cops.

That was a close one!

slow_302

Established Member
Phew, and here I was worried that we weren't going to get definitive and conclusive legal answers offered via a guy from Utah talked to two cops.

That was a close one!

Yeah, you're right...

I've only been pulled over twice in my life and both times I just so happen to be doing 45mph+ over the posted limit...

03_termi

Established Member

i wish i could have got off with a slap on the wrist lol

Users who are viewing this thread