The GT350 is here!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This for me is the car I have been waiting for... Multi valve, high rpm redline, IRS , massive brakes and built in the US. I would point out some things I think are worth mentioning here.

1. The Z/28 will cost much more than this car I am sure many will compare them and should. However this car should offer comparable performance with full amenities for less. The Z is a dedicated track machine first...This is the continuation of the Boss IMO, who's to say that a 350R won't appear much like the Laguna Seca version of the Boss.
2. I see this as a great alternative to the new M4 coupe and even better than the previous E9x M3's. Which were high on my next car list but this is the top.
3. I'm not hung up on the cars weight compared to a stock GT, Z/28 or Vette. Its the total package that matters (wheels/tires, suspension, brakes, gearing) I suspect this is a potent combo again with all amenities in tact.
4. The GT500 or Cobra is still coming as well so if you wanted more power thats an option.

Throw a Paxton 2200 on this bitch or TT's and man o man. Time to sell the Vette and come back home for me, this is the one for me. Looking forward to final hp/tq numbers, pricing, tire sizes and performance stats. And dammit the sound of it, seriously you can't not like the sound.

You mirrored my mind. Well said sir.

Softballer77

Established Member
I just don't know if I see it priced at or above what you could get a new no option GT500 for. Different cars for sure, but still...which would you rather have? Has to be some more draw to buy one. More than a Boss, less than a GT500 I'd say imo.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I just don't know if I see it priced at or above what you could get a new no option GT500 for. Different cars for sure, but still...which would you rather have? Has to be some more draw to buy one. More than a Boss, less than a GT500 I'd say imo.

Well, I think Ford sees the market shifting from straight line performance to more of a well handling car that still has some gusto for the straightaways.

While it may not beat a 13-14 GT-500 at a 1/4 mile track, it'll make up for it when you hit a road track.

I think it's a great starting point. Imagine getting a GT-350 and then putting some boost in it. Will be a fast, well handling car. Best of both worlds.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Well, I think Ford sees the market shifting from straight line performance to more of a well handling car that still has some gusto for the straightaways.

While it may not beat a 13-14 GT-500 at a 1/4 mile track, it'll make up for it when you hit a road track.

I think it's a great starting point. Imagine getting a GT-350 and then putting some boost in it. Will be a fast, well handling car. Best of both worlds.
With no details on this FPC engine who knows if it can take any boost. Or how strong it will be.
Throwing boost onto a car that's going to be track-oriented is perhaps not the best idea. OEM's don't build engines to support 100...150...200 more horsepower than stock and live on-track. I personally wouldn't want to grenade the engine in my new GT350 at WOT between T16 and T17 at Sebring after supercharging it
I do, however, agree that it'll be priced better than the Z28. But bear in mind that the Z28 used custom-spec'd Multimatic DSSV shocks, has carbon ceramic brakes and is on Trofeo R's. Those are sure to add a bit of cost. The '13/'14 GT500's were ~$55k...so maybe base in the $55-60k range plus options?
S.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The key is that the engine was designed to rev. Commensurate internals are sure to be in place.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My bet is $49,999 is the starting price. Flat plane v8 under $50k is an awesome marketing angle. 500hp is likely going to bump up to 525hp by launch (my guess) and weight should hit 3650-3625lbs. Seeing that a gt is 3705 currently, it's not a hard number to hit. Me? I'd option one for daily driving with all the tech and give two $hit's about 134.6789Lbs of weight in my street car because pointless and ridiculous argument since you'll never notice it with a dialed in suspension.

This maybe isn't as safe an engine to go boost crazy on but honestly, if it has 500hp stock, na bolt ons and maybe cams could get it to 500-525whp easily enough. Revving to 8,000rpms+, it would be quite the fun power plant, and na feels pretty peppy and responsive. Maybe it'll be very strong and respond to boost but I'm skeptical because physics don't easily succumb to engineering. 2.4l is (safe) flat plane limits on a 4cyl... Maybe ford solved the puzzle.

I do think it's clear ford is aware of the competition, and has incorporated enough into this car to beat a z28, and do so in a daily drivable package vs a stripped out (unless reappointed for $1500) packaged for 33% less asking price, with likely better mpg etc. Time will tell.

WJinLV

Established Member
And bye bye Goodyears.

GT350 makes use of extra-stiff 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels – 10.5 inches wide in front, 11.0 inches in the rear

Clad in state-of-the-art Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with GT350-specific sidewall construction, tread face and compound.

TFStang

Established Member
Beautiful looking car, BUT horsepower is well below where it should be if they want the public to really get excited about this car. The horsepower war is officially on and in full strength. I understand that this car has a lot more to offer than raw power, but at least give it more than the C6 Z06 and new Z28. I was rather hoping for something in the neighborhood of 550 - 575. Hopefully the final numbers are much higher and they are just doing what Dodge did with the Hellcat. Everyone thought that car was going to arrive with 600 - 650 and then they blew those figures out of the water with 707. C'mon Ford! Don't disappoint!

Rotzs99

Established Member
I do, however, agree that it'll be priced better than the Z28. But bear in mind that the Z28 used custom-spec'd Multimatic DSSV shocks, has carbon ceramic brakes and is on Trofeo R's. Those are sure to add a bit of cost. The '13/'14 GT500's were ~$55k...so maybe base in the $55-60k range plus options?
S.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking too. From the press release, this car is not as balls to the wall as the Z28, but most likely will destroy the GT500 and Boss on the track and cost a good bit less than the Z.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Beautiful looking car, BUT horsepower is well below where it should be if they want the public to really get excited about this car. The horsepower war is officially on and in full strength. I understand that this car has a lot more to offer than raw power, but at least give it more than the C6 Z06 and new Z28. I was rather hoping for something in the neighborhood of 550 - 575. Hopefully the final numbers are much higher and they are just doing what Dodge did with the Hellcat. Everyone thought that car was going to arrive with 600 - 650 and then they blew those figures out of the water with 707. C'mon Ford! Don't disappoint!

There's still an "R" model coming so, you may want to wait for that for more HP output.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
With no details on this FPC engine who knows if it can take any boost. Or how strong it will be.
Throwing boost onto a car that's going to be track-oriented is perhaps not the best idea. OEM's don't build engines to support 100...150...200 more horsepower than stock and live on-track. I personally wouldn't want to grenade the engine in my new GT350 at WOT between T16 and T17 at Sebring after supercharging it

S.

My comment was more geared towards the guys who want a fast straight line street car, while using the top of the line mustang to do it in. I agree that for it's purpose, it's better to keep it NA.
IMO this engine will be pretty stout, and that the limit for the internals should be as strong as the Boss engine.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Just got off the phone with my Dealer and the order banks are not even available for this car, nor the pricing.

This will probably be a true 2016 car, it may be hard to get one before the FALL of 2015.

hognutz

Established Member
I like the look of the new car. kind of dissapointed in the power was hoping for ~550. I figured the 600hp number was bs though. 600NA will meeting emisions is probably a tough deal.

I will researve judgment until the car is reviewed though and pricing is anounced. The C7 in my mind was going to be a tad underpowered and it performs very well for 450hp. If this car runs 11 second passes, laps well , and is priced right I don't see why people would not be drawn to it.

with what the 13/14 gt500 brought to the table and the power dodge is rolling out though I was hoping they would swing a little more for the fences.

pricing will be big though IMO @50k I love this car. @60k I am on the fence. Any more than that and it is like the Z/28 for me. cool car but just not priced in my wheelhouse.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member

You are in the minority. Only those who care about HP thought this, the rest of the world was waiting for a real world all around handling car. Ford Delivered here

I have been saying it for MONTHS now, the HP war is over. Ford is going to re-write the direction of the muscle wars with the GT350. The HP battle was only sustainable for so long, history is repeating itself and now Ford is setting the market.

This car is going to be a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread