The GT350 is here!

jtfx6552

Established Member
55-60K at least for the base car. With the Track Pack mentioned in the article and the other goodies people will want you'll be in the high 60's again.

Damn, it's a sexy beast. Way to go Ford!!!

High 60s loaded is too high IMHO. Loaded with all the track pack goodies it should be a few K higher loaded than a loaded Boss, What was the Laguna Seca edition the last year it was offered?

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
I believe this car will beat the '13/14 GT500 in every measurable category with the exception of the dyno.

It should beat a stock 13-14 to 60, maybe post a better 1/4 mile ET, but the rate of acceleration will not match the GT500 at speeds where the GT500 has traction (obviously).

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe this car will beat the '13/14 GT500 in every measurable category with the exception of the dyno.

Negative friend. As much as i am liking the 350 it will still get destroyed by the 13-14 gt500 in straight line performance. I do believe that it will make for a better all around car.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Tob, whatever you do, DON'T let that GT500 go. :burnout:

Press Embargo lifts today at 2pm PST. Excited to see real Pics/Specs. Can't say the car speaks to me design wise, but the performance will be worth trying to get into one.

Are we going to get HP and pricing? I guess not, if not I wonder when?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It should beat a stock 13-14 to 60, maybe post a better 1/4 mile ET, but the rate of acceleration will not match the GT500 at speeds where the GT500 has traction (obviously).

I seriously doubt that.
Handling? Sure, it's an IRS car with a better chassis, tires and bigger brakes. Acceleration? No.
S.

Negative friend. As much as i am liking the 350 it will still get destroyed by the 13-14 gt500 in straight line performance. I do believe that it will make for a better all around car.

+1 to all of these

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The Gt350 is following what it predecessor was and did. A road track car that can be driven on the street. Its not being built for just straight line performance. Its being built to rip up a circuit AND drive home. The tech package is proof in this. A much higher level boss, with things that the normal driver wants. Something the z/28 did not do quite as well.
Ford will not use this
Until we get more info, I will not speculate on if it can or cannot do certain things. Many said no FPC engine..well here it is. Ford will not do this or that...well wrong again. I think this will be a very nice car in the line up, and about F/I.......Was not the original 350 able to be F/I ? and was ?

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
You are in the minority. Only those who care about HP thought this, the rest of the world was waiting for a real world all around handling car. Ford Delivered here

I have been saying it for MONTHS now, the HP war is over. Ford is going to re-write the direction of the muscle wars with the GT350. The HP battle was only sustainable for so long, history is repeating itself and now Ford is setting the market.

This car is going to be a beast.

We won't know that until the Production car is here and can be driven, real world and on the track.

Put the Koolaid down.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Figuring 180 lb driver, 520 HP, and that whatever weight savings the GT350 uses will keep it from getting any heavier than the current V-8 GT track pack, but not make it any lighter, I see it trapping about 120 in the 1/4, vs 125-128 for the 13-14 GT500.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Yeah im surprised all the negative about a flat plane Crank. Everyone is saying 500hp but its 500+. Might be 520 might be 550. Either way for an all motor car that is awesome.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Figuring 180 lb driver, 520 HP, and that whatever weight savings the GT350 uses will keep it from getting any heavier than the current V-8 GT track pack, but not make it any lighter, I see it trapping about 120 in the 1/4, vs 125-128 for the 13-14 GT500.
IMO you're being pretty generous.
Compare to what the current '15 GT with 435 hp is running...high 12's in the ~112 mph range in magazine testing. Figure ~70 more hp, similar weight, and I don't see them running much quicker than mid-12's in the 115 mph range. Obviously, in private hands in good air they'll run quicker. But never 11.2-.3 at 127-128 mph.
S.

reason4treason

Established Member
reducing interior glare is a nice touch, but if we're going to snag "continuously controlled” dampers, why not exploit Head-Up Display too? IMO that's so useful, I don't understand why there hasn't been a proliferation of it, especially to what's touted as a state-of-the-art track focused Mustang.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I think the hp numbers may end around 520-525, otherwise Ford could used 525+ as their statement. Look at the 2015 gt, people assumed 450-475 because Ford said more than the previous years which the Boss at 444 was also produced in. Look what they got, 435hp, 15 more than the previous gt years. I wouldn't expect a lot more than what they released but should know later with the full press release. Also forgot, but this motor compared to the coyote will have less torque, another kick to those expecting great 1/4 times out of gt350

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
IMO you're being pretty generous.

No word on whether or not it utilizes Direct Injection. A high-revving/free breathing combination may make those numbers attainable if Ford decided to use some available technologies.

I'm also wondering...dry sump? With the lowered hood, etc, just maybe.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

I seriously doubt that.
Handling? Sure, it's an IRS car with a better chassis, tires and bigger brakes. Acceleration? No.
S.

+1 to all of these

We'll revisit once the car is released and some times are posted.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
We'll revisit once the car is released and some times are posted.
Absolutely.
Bear in mind that even if they pull some weight out of it and get it to 3750#, it would have to make ~645 hp to have the same horsepower to weight ratio as a '13/'14.

But it'll clearly handle very well, and the brakes look to be very impressive (although CCB's like the Z28 has would be better), so it'll handily beat the GT500 in those metrics.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
No word on whether or not it utilizes Direct Injection. A high-revving/free breathing combination may make those numbers attainable if Ford decided to use some available technologies.

I'm also wondering...dry sump? With the lowered hood, etc, just maybe.
A dry sump would be cool. I am guessing the more compact FPC crank allows a more compact engine height (no reciprocating counterweights to accommodate in a taller pan) and it allowed them to lower the hoodline.
S.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Absolutely.
Bear in mind that even if they pull some weight out of it and get it to 3750#, it would have to make ~645 hp to have the same horsepower to weight ratio as a '13/'14 with comparable torque which the flat plane crank lacks.

But it'll clearly handle very well, and the brakes look to be very impressive (although CCB's like the Z28 has would be better), so it'll handily beat the GT500 in those metrics.
S.

fix'ed

Users who are viewing this thread