The GT350 is here!

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Just got off the phone with my Dealer and the order banks are not even available for this car, nor the pricing.

This will probably be a true 2016 car, it may be hard to get one before the FALL of 2015.

Simply gives me the summer with the top down to decide just how much I miss VIR!

dom418

Established Member
Simply awesome! And no more skinny tires! The best thing is this isn't even the big hp cobra! I can't wait to see what they come up with for that.

I'm not sure why the disappointment in hp is coming from. This car isn't meant to compete with the z06, hellcat or whatever. My prediction, which is already being proven by some of the responses here, is most of the indifference for this car will come from current 13/14 Shelby owners. This car isn't meant to be a straight line car, that is yet to come.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
And bye bye Goodyears.

tirescopy22.jpg

Thanks for the nitty gritty Steve. Really looking forward to seeing how much detail you can yield from this one when the curtains are finally pulled back a little more.

WJinLV

Established Member
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/Tobphotobucket/GT350/tirescopy22.jpg~original

GoodYears, cracked on delivery. Glad they wont be on the next gen Shelby.

Attachments

• IMG_3879.JPG
    IMG_3879.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_4004a.jpg
    IMG_4004a.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 993
Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Typical announcement, not all that I wanted to see, but probably enough to get my money.

I'm sure it will be a better track car than my current GT500, but obviously not as much fun in the acceleration department. A lot depends on where this "more than" 500 HP comes in at?

Cost will be the key here. Hopefully not much more than a GT, should be priced like a Boss, not a GT500.

The GT500 price point should be reserved for the new GT500.

The big question for me is, what is the R going to be? Will it be street legal? or not? Will it be like the Z28, street legal, but who would want to drive it on the street with no creature comforts? Or will it be a GT350+ some ezra performance?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A great many C7 owners with the Michelin PSS tires had issues with cracking tires due to cold temperatures.
http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=2923
Lots of people had tires replaced under GM or Michelin tire warranty.
S.

Thanks for the useful info. Was planning on switching my G2s for SSs. Did not know that the MPSS had the same issues as the GYF1 SCG2.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I knew I saw some ride height sensors in the earlier Ford snippets. I just couldn't pin down whether this was Delphi based or a variant of the currently patented technology that was somehow unique to Ford.

GT350rideheightsensor1.jpg

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
What a spectacular disappointment.
500 hp...and the weight savings from aluminum fenders and whatever else will be offset by bigger wheels/tires, brakes, etc.
S.

Beautiful looking car, BUT horsepower is well below where it should be if they want the public to really get excited about this car. The horsepower war is officially on and in full strength.

kind of dissapointed in the power was hoping for ~550.

What planet are you guys from that 500+ NA HP in a showroom mustang is a disappointment :). Price will determine if this thing is made of unobtanium.. but im guessing real close to GT500 (on the higher side) or more assuming it can be optioned equally vs traditional R models. Everyone is so wrapped up in superchager output numbers but this is making as much power w/ 2L less than z28! This is Ferrari land of powerplants.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tob, whatever you do, DON'T let that GT500 go. :burnout:

Press Embargo lifts today at 2pm PST. Excited to see real Pics/Specs. Can't say the car speaks to me design wise, but the performance will be worth trying to get into one.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Tob, whatever you do, DON'T let that GT500 go. :burnout:

Press Embargo lifts today at 2pm PST. Excited to see real Pics/Specs. Can't say the car speaks to me design wise, but the performance will be worth trying to get into one.

The current pig has been granted a reprieve Ron. Development work shall continue to move forward.

Can't wait for more detail. I'm confident that between Travis and Steve we'll get as close of a look as you can!

Colleton

Established Member
55-60K at least for the base car. With the Track Pack mentioned in the article and the other goodies people will want you'll be in the high 60's again.

Damn, it's a sexy beast. Way to go Ford!!!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Front end has to grow on me, but this a huge improvement, as mentioned over previous models overall. 500hp is a lot n/a, more so if its less weight than the current '15. Interested to see what they have in store for an R model.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
What planet are you guys from that 500+ NA HP in a showroom mustang is a disappointment :). Price will determine if this thing is made of unobtanium.. but im guessing real close to GT500 (on the higher side) or more assuming it can be optioned equally vs traditional R models. Everyone is so wrapped up in superchager output numbers but this is making as much power w/ 2L less than z28! This is Ferrari land of powerplants.
I guess the planet where I have 662 hp in a showroom Mustang that I track the hell out of on a regular basis.
Whether or not it's NA to me is somewhat irrelevant, because Ford did a GREAT job of controlling IAT's in the '13/'14 GT500. But IMO this car is 50-100 hp short of where I would have liked it to have been an will possibly be a few hundred pounds too heavy. It will be a pleasant surprise if we learn that it weighs ~3500#, but not sure that is a realistic expectation.
S.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I guess the planet where I have 662 hp in a showroom Mustang that I track the hell out of on a regular basis.
Whether or not it's NA to me is somewhat irrelevant, because Ford did a GREAT job of controlling IAT's in the '13/'14 GT500. But IMO this car is 50-100 hp short of where I would have liked it to have been an will possibly be a few hundred pounds too heavy. It will be a pleasant surprise if we learn that it weighs ~3500#, but not sure that is a realistic expectation.
S.

I believe this car will beat the '13/14 GT500 in every measurable category with the exception of the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread