"The Hype about those Cobras is True" from Zo6 owner

Aquaman

Established Member
:lol: Please continue to post about all these stock 03's beating Z06's it makes for alot of humor in my life when the modded ones get their azz's kicked by just a plain ol' C5. I can't tell you how many times a Cobra or Mach 1 or Saleen looses bad and they say "man on the _____ forum they said I would kill a Vette I don't understand what happened"

So keep up the good work;-) It makes my day every time it happens.

As a side not it's funny how I never hear about 115-117 trapping stock 03 Cobra's:shrug: yet they are so easily able to pull a Z from a roll :eek: Man this site is priceless:beer:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Aquaman
:lol: Please continue to post about all these stock 03's beating Z06's it makes for alot of humor in my life when the modded ones get their azz's kicked by just a plain ol' C5. I can't tell you how many times a Cobra or Mach 1 or Saleen looses bad and they say "man on the _____ forum they said I would kill a Vette I don't understand what happened"

So keep up the good work;-) It makes my day every time it happens.

As a side not it's funny how I never hear about 115-117 trapping stock 03 Cobra's:shrug: yet they are so easily able to pull a Z from a roll :eek: Man this site is priceless:beer:

Please get back on your meds. No one is saying a stock 03 Cobra will beat a stock z06.

KeefCobra

Established Member
Don't be a Troll
This is a friendly site
Over and over we are saying stock from a roll it is close, and as I repeat if the Z is modded the cobra better have its mods.
Both are nice cars, however, the extra 20grand in my pocket is half of my pool install.
KeefCobra
3.1pulley
Diablosport chip
Steeda Catted X and Catback
KN Aircharger
449.4RWHP 445.9RWTQ

Pyro

Established Member
Nice Kill.

If you Pulley, chip, intake, and exhaust he would need to "visit his friend" with a ton of cash before he can beat a pullied/chipped 03 Cobra!!

FLYNLO

Established Member
What do the chip/pulley/exhaust/450ish rwhp Cobras trap? I have seen around 116-118. It doesn't exactly make for a rapin' on a STOCK ZO6. I'm not trying to stir it up. I am truly curious. I have raced a couple of modded Cobras and one race was inconclusive as we could never get it lined up with enough road or someone(the Cobra dude) not missing a gear. A good series of runs I had and it was whoever got the jump...won. I still have to think that dude's car was faster than mine but it was very close. And he was genuinely surprised(very cool guy BTW).

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
any year z06 will beat a cobra in the 1/4 with a good driver with both cars being stock.from a roll its a clear advantage to a z06 due it being a ton lighter with better aerodynamics.

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
any year z06 will beat a cobra in the 1/4 with a good driver with both cars being stock.from a roll its a clear advantage to a z06 due it being a ton lighter with better aerodynamics.

Orange, I think everyone is in agreement on that one. It has been beaten to death. My question was in reference to a modded one(badic mods).

time2train

Established Member
Originally posted by FLYNLO
What do the chip/pulley/exhaust/450ish rwhp Cobras trap? I have seen around 116-118. It doesn't exactly make for a rapin' on a STOCK ZO6. I'm not trying to stir it up. I am truly curious. I have raced a couple of modded Cobras and one race was inconclusive as we could never get it lined up with enough road or someone(the Cobra dude) not missing a gear. A good series of runs I had and it was whoever got the jump...won. I still have to think that dude's car was faster than mine but it was very close. And he was genuinely surprised(very cool guy BTW).

Hey Fly,

Here is a video from Blades 03 cobra who I believe is a chip/pulley/intake/exhaust combo against a 01' Zo6 with a K&N filter, if I remember right. Its from a roll, not sure how fast the roll was.

http://www.svtperformance.com/~blades/2003Cobra_Vs_2001Z06.wmv

Last edited:

Aquaman

Established Member
Originally posted by OKC03Cobra
Please get back on your meds. No one is saying a stock 03 Cobra will beat a stock z06.

This is the original post

He said it was an 02' and that he was going to have to take it to a friend of his, to make sure this doesn't happen again. I laughed and we went on our way. Seemed like a nice enough guy, My Cobra was stock with the exception of KN AirCharger

and this is from trey193

Thats exactly how a pretty much stock 03 will fare with a 02 or newer Z06 whoever gets the jump will stay right there and neither person can go anywhere on the other

they are both saying a Stock 03 (air filter's don't count as modded to me) will beat Z06's from a roll. So yeah people are saying that ;-) maybe you should check your dose of meds. Then everyone starts saying nice kill instead of saying BS! thats why I love this site because some bozo who just bought a Cobra is going to go run a plain C5 and run about even or better yet talk crap to a Z owner and get owned then come on here and lie about what happened so people wont think they got a dog or don't know how to drive, just perpetuating the "hype" so like I said keep it up.

Aquaman

Established Member
Originally posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS

At least someone is clear headed. Oh wait it's an LS1 owner.....well it all makes sense now.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
A friend of mine traded in his C5 for an '03 Z06 a week after he got a ride in my '03 Cobra because he couldnt have Ford be faster than his Vette. He still wouldnt race after he got the Z06 but now that I'm modded there's no point.

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
I am kinda curious guys. Just like FLYNLO, I have a legit question. I see a couple of guys pullin out the money issue.."and I have 15 grand extra in my pocket"...

What do ya say about a modded Z28? Given a 32000 dollar starting price for an 03, I have about 8 grand in my pocket and there are only a few 03s on here that can whoop me. Trap speed and ET.

Just a question.

Nice kill guy.

Stu

WDW MKR

Established Member
Please continue to post about all these stock 03's beating Z06's it makes for alot of humor in my life when the modded ones get their azz's kicked by just a plain ol' C5. I can't tell you how many times a Cobra or Mach 1 or Saleen looses bad and they say "man on the _____ forum they said I would kill a Vette I don't understand what happened"

If you think a stock, let alone modded 03 has any problems with a "plain ol' C5, you're misinformed.

thats why I love this site because some bozo who just bought a Cobra is going to go run a plain C5 and run about even or better yet talk crap to a Z owner and get owned then come on here and lie about what happened so people wont think they got a dog or don't know how to drive, just perpetuating the "hype" so like I said keep it up.

You certainly seem very emotional about this. Not sure what "hype" you're referring to, but most knowledgeable LS1 owners will tell you that the 03 (with capable driver) is certainly no hype. I sold my '00 SS to purchase my Cobra, and have never looked back. An '01 Z06 is usually not a problem for a stock Cobra. The '02+ Z06 have the advantage over a stock '03 Cobra. Usually take exhaust and CAI to close the gap, and pulley/chip to get an advantage. Most pulley/chip 03s are running over 118 (mine ran 118+ directly after installation, and in 98* weather).

No one here is taking away from the Z06!! Respect for the Z is why Cobra owners are so proud of running with, or beating, any year Z.....

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
What was the MSRP when your year Z28 was first available?

About 22,000. Even if I paid that much that still puts me under 27,000 total. 5 grand in my pocket.

But trust me, If I had 34000 dollars I would have a black 03 in my garage with a 8.8 under the rear cause the clunkin noise in the IRS drives me nuts.

Stu

Aquaman

Established Member
Originally posted by WDW MKR
If you think a stock, let alone modded 03 has any problems with a "plain ol' C5, you're misinformed.

You certainly seem very emotional about this. Not sure what "hype" you're referring to, but most knowledgeable LS1 owners will tell you that the 03 (with capable driver) is certainly no hype. I sold my '00 SS to purchase my Cobra, and have never looked back. An '01 Z06 is usually not a problem for a stock Cobra. The '02+ Z06 have the advantage over a stock '03 Cobra. Usually take exhaust and CAI to close the gap, and pulley/chip to get an advantage. Most pulley/chip 03s are running over 118 (mine ran 118+ directly after installation, and in 98* weather).

No one here is taking away from the Z06!! Respect for the Z is why Cobra owners are so proud of running with, or beating, any year Z.....

Well 99% of stock 03's trap 108-110 the "SAME" as MN6 C5's
Like I said before I just don't see any 03's trapping 115-117 stock like the Z's or even 113 like the 01's you say the beastly cobra has "no problem with" and that included the two 03 that have my name on the title. Pully/Exh/ Chip/ Filter better belt has resulted in one of them running 119 traps and the other going 121 traps my "plain ol basic C5" traps 125 and I know first hand of some Z's going 120 with exhaust and intake alone equaling or bettering the big bad modded 03 Cobra

Saying that a stock 03 Cobra will have "no problem" with a stock MN6 C5 is a bit presumptious but go ahead and spread the ignorance it's all good for a few laugh's on our part in the long run:beer:

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Well 99% of stock 03's trap 108-110 the "SAME" as MN6 C5's

Actually they trap higher and get to that speed faster than the C5. BTW stock '03s have been known to hit 115 on a good track. The car has a SEVERE learning curve to get everything out of it.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Saying that a stock 03 Cobra will have "no problem" with a stock MN6 C5 is a bit presumptious but go ahead and spread the ignorance it's all good for a few laugh's on our part in the long run

Is it a requirement to be an ass while having a simple discussion? I never insulted you and your "ignorance", so why do you feel the need to insult mine? In all my visits to the track (which I'm sure is a number more than many and less than many), I have only seen two stock C5s break into the 12s. My Cobra hit 12.9s my very first trip to the track with it, and that was my first track experience with a stick. I'm sure there are many stock C5 drivers who have managed to beat on 03s. However, it was probably more due to driver than machine. And if your C5 is trapping 125, I certainly wouldn't be advertising it as a "plain ol' basic C5".

I did not intend to make it sound as if an '01 Z06 is some sort of slouch. It is a very good match up for a stock 03 Cobra. But anyone saying that any year Z will spank a Cobra is being very presumptious, themselves. Cobras have the power advantage, the '01 Z has the weight advantage. I, myself, haven't had a single problem with stock '01 Z06s. And it has been agreed time and again that the 02+ Zs have more than a stock 03 Cobra can handle, drivers being equal.

Users who are viewing this thread