"The Hype about those Cobras is True" from Zo6 owner

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Stop beating the dead horse. This argument is on here every other week it seems. I get tired of reading it. As far as stock for stock the 03 Cobra seems to lack a little in the power to weight ratio and also in the aerodynamics. Then again I have seen stock Z06s get their asses handed to them by stock 03s too simply because alot of Z06 owners are the old guy suffering from the mid life crises trying to pic up on some chick or some young punk that rich ass parents. Most of them couldnt drive an auto let alone a standard well. But my point is. These guys payed roughly 28-32K for their 03-04 Cobras where as the Z06 guys are paying about 50-52K. What can I do with 20K to a stock 03 Cobra. Enought to make it run 9s. Thats all I have to say on this matter. Flame suit on.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
the money argument is a weak one at best.neither car is cheap to start with.but you can get a new z06 for well under 50k if you try hard enough.

both cars are fast.choose your weapon and may the faster car win.

Titanz

Established Member
Not to fuel the fire but Chevy needs to upgrade their Z06 corvette interior quality and bring down the price of the vehicle.

Aquaman

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
What's the matter?

Most 04 Vipers selling for 86K

You could buy a Z06 and a grocery getter, kid hauling, tacky looking, fast as hell 04 Cobra for that.

What he said stands. For the money you cannot buy a better overall sportscar then the Z06. I'm sure it gets your thong in a bunch to hear that but it's the truth.

Repeat after me Mr. Vette hater (03DOHC)

The Z06 is the best overall sportscar value on the planet

again

I bet the pain is hurting you so good;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Aquaman
Most 04 Vipers selling for 86K

You could buy a Z06 and a grocery getter, kid hauling, tacky looking, fast as hell 04 Cobra for that.

What he said stands. For the money you cannot buy a better overall sportscar then the Z06. I'm sure it gets your thong in a bunch to hear that but it's the truth.

Repeat after me Mr. Vette hater (03DOHC)

again

I bet the pain is hurting you so good;-)
Why do you think I hate vette's? :shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
Sorry, I didn't know ONE little tiny 5 letter word VIPER would elicit such a response from the bestestest fastestest supercar on the planet owner.

Anyway, back on topic.... VIPER

:)

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by FLYNLO
What do the chip/pulley/exhaust/450ish rwhp Cobras trap? I have seen around 116-118. It doesn't exactly make for a rapin' on a STOCK ZO6. I'm not trying to stir it up. I am truly curious. I have raced a couple of modded Cobras and one race was inconclusive as we could never get it lined up with enough road or someone(the Cobra dude) not missing a gear. A good series of runs I had and it was whoever got the jump...won. I still have to think that dude's car was faster than mine but it was very close. And he was genuinely surprised(very cool guy BTW).

you are very misinformed. if an 03 cobra with the mods you mentioned ran 116-118 the guy lives at a 6000 ' elevation or cant drive to save his life. i have the exact mods you just mentioned and dynoed 452 rwhp and 466 rwtq ( 438 and 449 SAE ) and i ran 11.52 @ 122.54 with a bad clutch. and i only have the 2.93 pulley. theres a few guys on here that ran 11.20' and 30's with the same mods and a 2.8 pulley . with the best being 11.1 @ 125.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Well 99% of stock 03's trap 108-110 the "SAME" as MN6 C5's
Like I said before I just don't see any 03's trapping 115-117 stock like the Z's or even 113 like the 01's you say the beastly cobra has "no problem with" and that included the two 03 that have my name on the title. Pully/Exh/ Chip/ Filter better belt has resulted in one of them running 119 traps and the other going 121 traps my "plain ol basic C5" traps 125 and I know first hand of some Z's going 120 with exhaust and intake alone equaling or bettering the big bad modded 03 Cobra

Saying that a stock 03 Cobra will have "no problem" with a stock MN6 C5 is a bit presumptious but go ahead and spread the ignorance it's all good for a few laugh's on our part in the long run:beer:

you are completely dillusional if you beleive even half the things you are saying. i feel bad for ignorance that deep which you are drowning in. the C5 is not comparable to an 03 cobra. if you want to bring up a 108 mph trap that an 03 cobra ran , then ill bring up the same type of driver that i seen drive an 03 Z06 to a best of 13.6 @ 106 with a 2.1 60'. your a joke and your clueless. your the one thats on an svt website talking shit like you have something to prove. i have a total of $990 in mods. and i ran 11.52 @ 122.54 with a bad clutch and only a 1.78 60'. you can barely buy a catback for a vette with that much money.

this is a fact , not opinion, especially a dillusional , ignorant one like yours. equal drivers. an 03 cobra and a 01 Z06 is going to be a very good race. trap speed and all. and 02 - 03 Z06 will be about 3-4 tenths faster and 2-3 mph faster then an 03 cobra. but , if the cobra has just a cai and catback. the Z06 is not going anywhere. trap speed and all. once you put a pulley and a chip in the car , the Z06 doesnt have a chance. and just fyi, evan smith drove a completely stock 03 cobra to 12.38 @ 114. and there is someone on these boards that ran 12.00 @ 117 with just a cai and exhaust. so now take your pride , stick it up your a-s, tuck your tail between your legs and crawl back to whatever website you came from. either rattleboxvettes.com or imhunglikeatic-tac.com

mike's01svt

Established Member
For whatever reason, if it's the same dude that used to post on the corvette.com kill section, he has a chip on his shoulder about Cobra's/Mustangs. Not sure why...back to the topic at hand....

Mike

Silver 03 Cobra

When "ifs" and "buts" are candy and nuts, then everyday will be Christmas.

:lol: Please continue to post about all these stock 03's beating Z06's it makes for alot of humor in my life when the modded ones get their azz's kicked by just a plain ol' C5. I can't tell you how many times a Cobra or Mach 1 or Saleen looses bad and they say "man on the _____ forum they said I would kill a Vette I don't understand what happened"

So keep up the good work;-) It makes my day every time it happens.

As a side not it's funny how I never hear about 115-117 trapping stock 03 Cobra's:shrug: yet they are so easily able to pull a Z from a roll :eek: Man this site is priceless:beer:

Aquaman, I bet you'd have trouble distinguishing an 03 from a 99/01 Cobra. There is no comparsion of an 03 to a Mach One or a slightly modded 03 to an S281-SC. The only C5 I ever ran on the track, the only place I'll run, had a Borla exhaust, chip, intake mod and DR's and I beat him by 1.3 seconds. That was with just exhaust and a 2.80 pulley. Now with the addition of a few more mods and 503 rwhp I'm running now that would be 1.8 seconds. Wake up Alice, this aint Wonderland.

Now if you want to sling crap then I can accomondate you. I doubt you even own the car in your signature with your attitude. Post your mods, dyno sheets and time slips to prove it.

Just face it. A C5 is not the fastest car on the road anymore and with the next generation Cobra pushing 500 HP it will even drop further. A friend of mine with a shop is a hard core Chevy guy but runs old muscle cars. Some of his cars run 157 in the 1/8 and he bleeds GM. He is not up too much on newer cars even GM. But, he's dynoed a shit pile of them. He has shown me many dyno sheets and there are a lot of C5's dynoing anywhere from 280 :rollseyes to 300 rwhp SAE. A stcok 03 has more than enough to beat an LS1 C5. I watched one dynoed at Moorseville Dragway on a mobil Dynojet laydown 287 rwhp SAE. The owner thought it was real bad ass. It was almost worth $75 to have put mine on there just to see the look on his face. Later on he got beat by a Jeep Cherokee that runs 8.30's.

Last edited by a moderator:

99GTP guy

Established Member
Already happened

Originally posted by Titanz
Not to fuel the fire but Chevy needs to upgrade their Z06 corvette interior quality and bring down the price of the vehicle.

Already been done. Its the new baseline vette the c6. Its close to Z06 performance and starts out at 47,000. est e.t. is 12.5 @115

Im sure the new Z06 will have similiar interior and will be alot faster than that.

99GTP guy

Established Member
I bet you'd have trouble distinguishing an 03 from a 99/01 Cobra.

From a distance it is very hard to tell an 01 Cobra from an 03 Cobra. Same with a C5 and Z06 although I hear the next Z06 will be very distiguishable and Im sure the next Cobra will be also.

Just face it. A C5 is not the fastest car on the road anymore and with the next generation Cobra pushing 500 HP it will even drop further. A friend of mine with a shop is a hard core Chevy guy but runs old muscle cars. Some of his cars run 157 in the 1/8 and he bleeds GM. He is not up too much on newer cars even GM. But, he's dynoed a shit pile of them. He has shown me many dyno sheets and there are a lot of C5's dynoing anywhere from 280 :rollseyes to 300 rwhp SAE. A stcok 03 has more than enough to beat an LS1 C5. I watched one dynoed at Moorseville Dragway on a mobil Dynojet laydown 287 rwhp SAE. The owner thought it was real bad ass. It was almost worth $75 to have put mine on there just to see the look on his face. Later on he got beat by a Jeep Cherokee that runs 8.30's. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dyno numbers are not a very good comparasion for who is the fastest vehicle. It does tell who's got more horsepower. Its about getting the power to the ground. Now from a roll race the higher hp car usually wins but races from a dig the car who can get the power to the ground usually wins. Treynor just had a race with a Z06 from a dig and lost. But his viper dynoed 509 RWHP

Alot of these matchups are about the driver also. But if I were comparing cars for straightline performance I would say that for stock cars the Z06 can put the power to the ground more effeciently than the 03 Cobra and thus runs better times than the Cobra.

Now modded is a different story as the Cobra is able to put down major amounts of horsepower as you see KB cobras putting down over 600 rwhp.

But I would say these cars are apples and oranges but people love to compare them. That is what makes high hp cars so fun at this time in age and it is definatly a fun time!!! :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread