"The Hype about those Cobras is True" from Zo6 owner

99GTP guy

Established Member
Its the same old arguments. Yeah your Z might be faster than my stock cobra but ive got 20g's in my pocket. I have half the price of a pool right there! hahahaha.

Well go buy your half a pool for 20'gs then you have a cobra and a half of pool. What Im trying to say is you can't use the money argument. People will buy what they want. Some people with 30g's will buy an old foxbody and mod is faster than a lambo and some people will buy an 03 cobra with that money. Same with the Z06's. And in my opinion they are two totally different cars so I don't know why you guys compare them so closely.

And everyone knows no matter how many MODS you put on your car there will always be someone FASTER. Everyone knows you can make anything fast and SPEED isn't everything. There is a video of a 280,000 Lamborghini Murcielago getting beat buy a 70,000 Toyota Supra. So the supra is faster but Im sure you would take the lambo over the supra. (At least I would)

So why do you guys get worked up about this comparing stuff. People bought what they wanted and are happy. I say let the trash talking stay at the track or on the street. Im sick of hearing, my brothers sisters friend has this car and beat this car one time. Doesn't mean jack sh*t on the internet bro.

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by Stewart
I am kinda curious guys. Just like FLYNLO, I have a legit question. I see a couple of guys pullin out the money issue.."and I have 15 grand extra in my pocket"...

What do ya say about a modded Z28? Given a 32000 dollar starting price for an 03, I have about 8 grand in my pocket and there are only a few 03s on here that can whoop me. Trap speed and ET.

Just a question.

Nice kill guy.

Stu

Dunno where you or the rest of the F-body gods live at, but around these parts(when they were in production), a 99+Trans Am/Z28 ran 30-33k.
So, where in 99-03 did you buy a 99-02 Fbody for 8k? or 20k?
So, the comparo actually is 03Cobra vs 02F-body.
Oh, and i bought my GT a 03, after taxes for 19k..........I wanted a Z.........guess what...........27k was the cheapest i found, brand new.........was a T-top :eek:

MikeW

Established Member
Is LS1.com still down? We seem to have some bleed off. My stock 03 Cobra Vert beats my dads 99 C5 at the track and from a roll it's even worse. Around here a stock 03 coupe traps at 112-115 with et's in the 12.3-12.5 range with stock F1's. I have gone from a roll with a stock 02 Z and I always ended up a car back, but from a 30 roll it was not a whole car. I like all the cars C5, Z06 and the 03, all are very fine automobiles.

:beer:

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Dunno where you or the rest of the F-body gods live at, but around these parts(when they were in production), a 99+Trans Am/Z28 ran 30-33k.
So, where in 99-03 did you buy a 99-02 Fbody for 8k? or 20k?
So, the comparo actually is 03Cobra vs 02F-body.
Oh, and i bought my GT a 03, after taxes for 19k..........I wanted a Z.........guess what...........27k was the cheapest i found, brand new.........was a T-top :eek:

Actually the comparo was the 03 vs the ZO6. I dont think you guys give the Z or the TA any credit. I give all the credit in the world to Ford for having the balls to build a forged motor. Like I said, I just wish they woulda given it the drivetrain to go with.

BTW: He asked MSRP... http://www.nctd.com/printversion-review.cfm?ReviewID=379

And this bleed over from LS1.com....:dw: LS1.com blows.

You guys started the price wars. Talking about how you had such a great bang for the buck. I just asked a simple question.

Stu

Last edited:

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by 97topless snake
Is LS1.com still down? We seem to have some bleed off. My stock 03 Cobra Vert beats my dads 99 C5 at the track and from a roll it's even worse. Around here a stock 03 coupe traps at 112-115 with et's in the 12.3-12.5 range with stock F1's. I have gone from a roll with a stock 02 Z and I always ended up a car back, but from a 30 roll it was not a whole car. I like all the cars C5, Z06 and the 03, all are very fine automobiles.

:beer:

:beer: :beer:

OhMy

RICER ASSHOLE!
Established Member
Given equal drivers a stock Cobra has trouble with an EVO or an STi. A Z06... now that is just ridiculous. QUIT BOGARTING THE BONG!!!

For the slow people:

Z06 >>> 03' Cobra

^ in ANY conditions except at high altitude where the oxygen deficiency is overcome by the supecharger.

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by OhMy
Given equal drivers a stock Cobra has trouble with an EVO or an STi. A Z06... now that is just ridiculous. QUIT BOGARTING THE BONG!!!

For the slow people:

Z06 >>> 03' Cobra

^ in ANY conditions except at high altitude where the oxygen deficiency is overcome by the supecharger.
LOL this crackheads back. F'n loser, did you not learn your lesson from the last time. Even your own brothers (import guys) said you are a dumbass for your retarded post showing how dumb you are, and lo and behold, you never replied back, hmmm...somebody got owned :lol: Hell even my friend who own's an STi posted what a retard you are.

Lets see, friends stock Sti, around 13.3-13.5 at around 103 mph, our other friends 03' Cobra when stock, best of 12.6 at 112 and that was only the 2nd run and last run when stock with just over 1K miles (not even close to being broken in), I cranked off a 12.7 at 113 mph on the 1st run. Others have had no problem cranking off 12.5's or even slightly quicker, guess what, your STi just got owned let alone murdered if it were from a roll.

As for the ZO6, friends 03' trapped around 12.3 at I think 116, has a few mods now but hasn't been back at the track.

Last edited:

OhMy

RICER ASSHOLE!
Established Member
LOL this crackheads back. F'n loser, did you not learn your lesson from the last time. Even your own brothers (import guys) said you are a dumbass for your retarded post showing how dumb you are, and lo and behold, you never replied back, hmmm...somebody got owned Hell even my friend who own's an STi posted what a retard you are.

Do you think I care what your dumbass friend has to say ? And who say's import guys are my brothers ? I've owned BMWs, Fords, Hondas, Toyotas and now a Subaru. I love performance cars... and I am not dissing your 'mustang'... but to say it is better than the Z06?!? Come on pal. Wake up. Z06 OWNs the autox... your mustang is pretty decent from a roll in a straight line... no one here is contesting that. I mean heck it has over 400Hp and TONS of torque... even if it is a fat pig.

I realize you must resort to name calling in leu of stating actual facts and/or data. Does name calling work at the track ? Didn't think so.

Let me repeat:

Z06 > Cobra

Any questions?

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by OhMy
Do you think I care what your dumbass friend has to say ? And who say's import guys are my brothers ? I've owned BMWs, Fords, Hondas, Toyotas and now a Subaru. I love performance cars... and I am not dissing your 'mustang'... but to say it is better than the Z06?!? Come on pal. Wake up. Z06 OWNs the autox... your mustang is pretty decent from a roll in a straight line... no one here is contesting that. I mean heck it has over 400Hp and TONS of torque... even if it is a fat pig.

I realize you must resort to name calling in leu of stating actual facts and/or data. Does name calling work at the track ? Didn't think so.

Let me repeat:

Z06 > Cobra

Any questions?
If you don't want to be called a retard, don't act like one. No offense, but on that other thread you came off like you had the intelligence of somebody in elementary school, not an 18 yr old into performance.

Dude, say it with me, r e a d. W're not saying the Mustang is better. Actuall facts/data, please get welcomed into the real world, obviously you have been somewhere else or you would not have said that.

In case you don't remember other Evo and STi guys came onto that other thread and went against you saying you were giving them a badname for your retarded post, you obviously don't have experience with the other cars as I and others on here have. Believe me it's a lot closer then you think, and even the ZO6 guys agree on that, the 01's are basically neck and neck, and the others like my friends 03' Z would pull an easy car length and then very, very slowly start inching away and the average et's and mph show how close it is, the edge goes to the newer Z06's w/o a doubt especailly over 100+ as my personal experience shows, everyone knows that, but it's not like a murder or anything.

This is like all those ZO6 guys saying they can take out Vipers with no problem, when thats obviously not true.

And I don't own a Stang if thats what you meant, look at the sig, were looking at a V I P E R. And were not talking about autox, otherwise you won't see any Cobra owners saying stuff about the ZO6 as everyone knows it's a hell of a car on a tight course.

But you keep comming on and saying that Cobras have a hard time with STi's LOL, look at our times of me running 12.7 at 113 and him at 12.6 at 112 with just over 1K miles on the car and the 1st time with it at the track, and only with two runs. And look at the times/mph of STi run's, guess what, somebodies car just got butt raped, and you seem to think that Cobras can only catch up like right before the finish line, what planet did you say you were from again :shrug:

I apologize in advance 03DOHC as I know this isn't smackdown, hmmm...I think I know a good thread to start over there:idea: ,

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Saleen Explorer
........I apologize in advance 03DOHC as I know this isn't smackdown,
I was about to say that.;-)

Congrats on shopping for a Viper. I wish I could do that myself.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Originally posted by Stewart
About 22,000. Even if I paid that much that still puts me under 27,000 total. 5 grand in my pocket.

But trust me, If I had 34000 dollars I would have a black 03 in my garage with a 8.8 under the rear cause the clunkin noise in the IRS drives me nuts.

Stu

Correction, $27,000 in 1998 dollars at an inflation rate of just 3.5% till right now, the beginning of 2004 brings you to $32,067. :burn:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
i think OHMY got a little to into the recent edtion of HOTROD where his STi edged out an '03. well if you look at the traps 110 v. 100 i think a different story is told. besides that issue i have never heard of an '03 haveing trouble with a STi or EVO. hell when an '03 beats one all you guys do is complain "you have a supercharged V8" and nonsense like that.
Jd

meat eater

Established Member
i'll be glad when christmas break is over. hopefully all the kids
will go to bed early on a school night . ( ohmy- sti)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Kinda off the subject but someone said hotrod mag. again. The month before I think they had a article about the 427 yenko camaro, I believe their words were like we couldn't drive the thing we ended up having the owner drive it basically, right then I thought hmmm they can't drive, they never did say what times they drove. Back to the zo6 vs 03 debate...:beer:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Didn't read all the crap but nice kill of the vette. I love soakin them up.:rockon:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by FLYNLO
What do the chip/pulley/exhaust/450ish rwhp Cobras trap? I have seen around 116-118. It doesn't exactly make for a rapin' on a STOCK ZO6. I'm not trying to stir it up. I am truly curious. I have raced a couple of modded Cobras and one race was inconclusive as we could never get it lined up with enough road or someone(the Cobra dude) not missing a gear. A good series of runs I had and it was whoever got the jump...won. I still have to think that dude's car was faster than mine but it was very close. And he was genuinely surprised(very cool guy BTW).

When my car was stone stock I ran a best of 12.77 @ 110
When I added Nitto DRs I ran a 12.52 @ 111

This was the day after I bought the car, and I was having to learn how to drive all over again (stupid torque:-D ) My first run was a 13.4 @ 108 and my second was a 13.1 @ 108

After I modded mine (see sig), and put about 5,000 miles of driving experience into it I ran a best of 11.24 @ 124 (BFG DRs)

I ran a Z06 a few months ago, and from a roll (45mph) I pulled easily However, when it was from a stop it took a little while for me to reel him in. Z06s are a beast off the line (thanks to about 600 less pounds). With my mods I think the Z06 would take me in the 1/8, but I think I would take him in the 1/4 (with DRs)

just my .02

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
When my car was stone stock I ran a best of 12.77 @ 110
When I added Nitto DRs I ran a 12.52 @ 111

This was the day after I bought the car, and I was having to learn how to drive all over again (stupid torque:-D ) My first run was a 13.4 @ 108 and my second was a 13.1 @ 108

After I modded mine (see sig), and put about 5,000 miles of driving experience into it I ran a best of 11.24 @ 124 (BFG DRs)

I ran a Z06 a few months ago, and from a roll (45mph) I pulled easily However, when it was from a stop it took a little while for me to reel him in. Z06s are a beast off the line (thanks to about 600 less pounds). With my mods I think the Z06 would take me in the 1/8, but I think I would take him in the 1/4 (with DRs)

just my .02

Hey Grey, thanks for the reply and awesome times. I honestly think the guy I ran was taking it all the way to the red line because he would pull and then start falling, shift and pull and start falling. Every time he would fall I would gain it all back. Then we hit 4th and and it was nose to nose at those speeds(130+). Anyway, good to see you guys dialing it in. Like I said, it is good to have you guys out there. I always know I am in for a good run when I come up against an 03 Cobra. Winning by a large margin all the time gets old. It's the close races that get the best out of you and your car.

LeadSled1

Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
Correction, $27,000 in 1998 dollars at an inflation rate of just 3.5% till right now, the beginning of 2004 brings you to $32,067. :burn:

Back in 99 I did buy a brand new 99 Z28 for 22k out the door. Fully loaded except no CD changer.

Users who are viewing this thread