The official svtp golf thread!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't really find a dedicated golf thread, so figured I'd start one for all the svtp golfers!

Here's our golf cart. Yes it has cobra logos on the seat and beer cooler!
4e115f96274e70066839ae7be3104225.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) would definitely approve!!

I took lessons two years ago but unfortunately don't have any golf playing friends so that's where my amateur "career" stopped. LOL. I wish it could have worked out because I learned a lot over the two months of instruction from a Pro. :(

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) would definitely approve!!

I took lessons two years ago but unfortunately don't have any golf playing friends so that's where my amateur "career" stopped. LOL. I wish it could have worked out because I learned a lot over the two months of instruction from a Pro. :(
That's unfortunate. I normally don't like golfing alone either. I'm sure there's plenty of people at the course that would golf with you. A chance to make some new buddies.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome cart Brady.

Bob, I love golfing with others but also love golfing alone. I use it as time to decompress.

FatBoss, I am eventually going to have another fitting where I try the G430 driver along with everything else and other shaft options in my PXG Gen 5.

I got my reservation at Puerto Los Cabos GC. Unfortunately the Mission course is going to be closed for maintenance. I will be golfing the Ocean-Vista combo. No point in complaining when I will be golfing in Mexico along the Sea of Cortez. Lol

I am slowly working on getting my daughter and wife into golf. This was my daughter’s first range outing.

I am working on my own things. Currently, I am a 17 handicap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You bring your own golf cart to the course?!?

WTF, and here i am living in 1980 by using the provided carts.
I don't bring it there. We have sheds so I lease a parking stall yearly.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't wait to start playing again. Have had so many health issues the past 8 months that I haven't been up to it yet.
Hope you get better soon! I've been dealing with back problems, but so far have been able to golf. Al though I feel it hinders my game.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I played a 9 hole 40 years ago with a kid who was on the golf team in high school. I somewhat enjoyed it, but have had no interest in playing or learning to play. I do like to sit and watch it on TV. I farm and shoot with my spare time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well we only planned on playing 9 yesterday evening, but the pace was pretty fast. I shot a 48/49 so still a 97. The first few holes with the driver were pretty bad, but it's coming around.

Here is a picture yesterday at the range. This is a bigger back swing than normal. Usually it's half that or even less.

Playing 18 again this afternoon.
02bca203bc830c7ebeb90df74a04abe7.jpg

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
With 3 kids 8 and under (one of them being 6 months old), I don't get to play much. My faither-in-law and 2 brothers-in-law have a Shamble coming up at the end of the month. I'm no good but I like playing. I used to get out a few times a month but, again, with kids and church I haven't picked my clubs up since late last summer. About to hit the range soon and probably play 9 holes before our shamble.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
With 3 kids 8 and under (one of them being 6 months old), I don't get to play much. My faither-in-law and 2 brothers-in-law have a Shamble coming up at the end of the month. I'm no good but I like playing. I used to get out a few times a month but, again, with kids and church I haven't picked my clubs up since late last summer. About to hit the range soon and probably play 9 holes before our shamble.
The wife and I were talking about us choosing not to have kids yesterday while playing our round of golf. We'd never be able to get out much if we did. I probably played over 60 rounds of 18 holes last year.

You think I'd get better

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
The wife and I were talking about us choosing not to have kids yesterday while playing our round of golf. We'd never be able to get out much if we did. I probably played over 60 rounds of 18 holes last year.

You think I'd get better

Kids > golf/convenience/etc so I obviously have no regrets. There will be a time when my wife and I will get to play some golf again together…and even play with our kids. Looking forward to that day for sure.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I used to play a ton in my teens (HS golf team) and twenties and best ever round was a 78, but now I only play once or maybe twice a month and I'm happy with about a 95.

@Deceptive I'm jealous of your golf outing in Cabo, I've only been once last fall since my uncle bought a house in Pedrigal so we stayed with him. I told him next time I'm down there I'm 100% going to play some golf. Is that the only course you have or will have played there? It looks like it's about 45 minutes from the house and there are others closer, so not sure what I'll choose.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hope you get better soon! I've been dealing with back problems, but so far have been able to golf. All though I feel it hinders my game.

Yep, my "wood" hinders my game Brady. ROFLMAO!!!!

Sorry brother. I don't golf at all, so that was my contribution to the thread LMAO!!!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Went to the range today to work on some things and try a new grip.

IMG_7480.JPG

The max with the PW is something I do to drop my balls on the range. Last shot with each wedge I try and rip it.my farthest so far with a PW has been 158yds. I’d never try that on a course though.

As far as my outing in San Jose del Cabo, it is the course right across from the resort. Actually, a hole or two will be right alongside the resort. We are staying at the JW. This will be my first course outside the US. I wanted to play the Pacifico Course in Punta de Mita last November but we went horseback riding. I told my wife that we are going back there so I can play that course.

I didn’t have much money when I golfed before so no exotic courses and not much actual course or range time. I make enough and have just enough free time to where I am slowly improving my faults. I am having enough fun to keep me going back. Lol!

I’d be content being in the 80s consistently. But for now, I am doing well enough at times and getting to play courses that I am having a blast.

Does two women scissoring sound like an armpit farting contest?

Users who are viewing this thread