The Smurfinator's engine build has begun

1320 Junkie

Established Member
That's actually what I asked in my earlier post. Your intake inlet desgin looks very similar design to the PMAS.

The PMAS filter has a 7" (178mm) opening. Then the bellmouth reduce to the size you want.

I am actually re-design my 136mm 1-piece intake tube with a similar design but is a 1-piece design with everything - no metal part.

Also, can you measure the diameter of those 16 holes in the inlet? I am currently have diameter of 4mm in the CAD now.

I will be unable to assist you...Nick is a friend and his design is patented.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
FB_IMG_1459204265312_zpsy5fxbf9r.jpg

FB_IMG_1459204279333_zpsz55s5xzk.jpg

Pmas' new hand built 141mm 360* air sampling RMAF...signal is so good you can run it without a filter.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Thanks Jay. That MAF is a work of art and probably overkill for my needs.

The maf is actually tested on a bone stock 13 GT. I have the video posted on my FB thread regarding this unit. Its infinitely adaptable....meaning it can run on any draw thru system. Will it shine on bigger power cars..yes. will it work and drive just as good on a NA combo...yes.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
IMG_19591_zpst8sokl23.jpg

And for anyone who does this kit from Moser u need these axle seals that arent included in the kit.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Hey 1320,

Are you "tempering" (for lack of a better word), the welds there to keep them from cooling off to fast? Just wondering. I'd like to find a place that would weld them correctly, which is a pretty long detailed process, when it's done correctly.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Hey 1320,

Are you "tempering" (for lack of a better word), the welds there to keep them from cooling off to fast? Just wondering. I'd like to find a place that would weld them correctly, which is a pretty long detailed process, when it's done correctly.

That is actually my buddy Zack who does all my gears with the torch "cooling" the housing. The housing is cast so it has to be pre and post heated so the tubes setup correctly. Also a high nickel welding rod is used during TIG'ing.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
JDM sells a tube they manufactured for the 140mm cobrajet MAF.

Yep...they were selling them for $550 thats why i made my own.

I literally bought a section of pipe and formed my own...not hard at all...little powdercoat..polishing and some couplers and im ready to go.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
It's all coming along. Won't be long now brotha!!

I had full intentions of getting my blower up to you before the end of winter, but when I started following this thread I just figured you didn't need anymore distractions. I honestly didn't want to burden you. I need a TB too...

1320 Junkie

Established Member
No worries kid...get a whipple 170mm eliptical mono...great tb with perfect driveability

Users who are viewing this thread