Thinking about a ZR1

Never_Enough

Established Member
I dont know mein.... everytime I have driven / riden in a GTR, I got plenty of smiles per gallon. And that is coming from a big time manual transmission advocate.
Every time I have driven a GT-R I was bored & annoyed. It's not the fact that it's auto trans, it's just a boring car to me. Just don't like em I guess.

Never_Enough

Established Member
$65k can land you a C7 z06. C7Z>ZR1>Your Mustang
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465026268&zip=18972&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=18972&startYear=2015&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&maxPrice=65000&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=CORV%7CZ06&startYear=2015&numRecords=25&maxPrice=65000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV

vehicledetails.xhtml
vehicledetails.xhtml
I'd definitely go C7Z over C6 ZR1. I'd have a tough decision with C7Z vs Gen5 Viper. I have driven the C7Z, but not a Gen5 Viper. If I liked driving the Viper more, I'd buy an orange Viper.

ArabianOak

Established Member
GTR is out for me...plenty of incredibly fast ones locally since AMS is in my town. I've been in the fast ones, yes, they are fast but sound like dog poo and look BLOATED. If only they could put that engine inside the 370z body, I would be all over that!

Never_Enough

Established Member
GTR is out for me...plenty of incredibly fast ones locally since AMS is in my town. I've been in the fast ones, yes, they are fast but sound like dog poo and look BLOATED. If only they could put that engine inside the 370z body, I would be all over that!
New car for your list...old Z car w/LS or 2JZ swap + exposed carbon fiber body

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd definitely go C7Z over C6 ZR1.
I would too. It'd had to be the C7 Z06/Z07 package and have all the bells and whistles and have the carbon fiber pieces all over.
I do like the C6 ZR1 car though, it is a beast.

Never_Enough

Established Member
vehicledetails.xhtml
vehicledetails.xhtml

I would too. It'd had to be the C7 Z06/Z07 package and have all the bells and whistles and have the carbon fiber pieces all over.
Z07 package hurts if you wanna roll race. ;)

Never_Enough

Established Member
vehicledetails.xhtml
vehicledetails.xhtml

Z07 package hurts if you wanna roll race. ;)
Women just don't appreciate class leading cargo space.
Call it a "Termi" in front of the ladies & watch the panties drop.

bobafett

Established Member
That's actually pretty cheap, considering. But it would still be cheaper to swap to a steel setup, including replacing the calipers.

Not even an '03/'04 Cobra?!? What about a Shelby 1000?
Maybe a Shelby 1000....Ive owned both an 03/04 Cobra

Look at a GTR also. The interiors are amazing and they have a great aftermarket. You can get 14-15 GTR's in the 60's easily with 20-30k miles.
GTRs have horrible interiors in my opinion. Awesome cars, but horrible interiors.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'd go with a ZR1 if it was between the mustang and Vette. However at that price range as mentioned Theres a bunch of other cars. Personally (as you can see I like the C7) I'd go with a C7Z and not look back. I like my current C7, especially with the blower on it, but if I sell it I'll be getting a Z.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Everything about the c7z is better. If going fast is on your mind, get the Auto and say good bye to the zr1. Remove that wicker bill so you have better top end.

ArabianOak

Established Member
thanks for all the incredible replies AND my stang is now for sale. I have decided to go the ZR1 route for several reasons.

1. It's faster than a C7z almost everywhere

2. I like the looks better than the C7Z

3. They are about 10k less than a C7Z

4. If I decided to sell it in a year or two I think resale will be better than the C7z (as the C7z's have already come WAY down and I think they will go down more, the Zr1 seems to have fallen as much as I think it will for awhile...thoughts)

The viper is out after talking with several members of the viper community...haha.

Right now I have my stang on consignment at my friends dealer. Here is a link to it. Am I priced ok on the stang considering the mods etc?? Please give me your opinion as I don't want it sitting and not getting any action.

Thanks!

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/veh...ustang-gt-premium-west-chicago-il-id-20881749

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have decided to go the ZR1 route for several reasons.

I think you made a good choice. C7's are a dime a dozen here. The ZR1 is, IMO, a much better looking and rarer car. And it seems your heart is set on it anyway so if you went with something else you won't be completely satisfied.
Give feedback once you get one. I plan to add another toy to the repertoire and the ZR1 is on my short list.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
4. If I decided to sell it in a year or two I think resale will be better than the C7z (as the C7z's have already come WAY down and I think they will go down more, the Zr1 seems to have fallen as much as I think it will for awhile...thoughts)

Don't bet on it. The C6 ZR1's value will probably plummet once the new one is released in a year or two. So I hope you're planning to keep it for the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread