Thinking about a ZR1

RX1Cobra

Established Member
ZR1 over any Mustang. For me the hard choice would be Viper/ZR1 and I'd probably end up with a Viper.

Jrt

Established Member
I didn't read everybody else's reply but.. I own a vet and honestly not a big fan of them mine's not a ZR1. but they're super tiny inside hopefully you're single man with no kids... I own both and I much rather drive my Mustang everyday even though my vette males more power than my stang

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Look at a GTR also. The interiors are amazing and they have a great aftermarket. You can get 14-15 GTR's in the 60's easily with 20-30k miles.

This is another good option. GTRs can be absolute beasts with minimal work. So consistent. And they are another car I would consider "exotic-like".

One of the few cars that Id make the switch to automatic for...

I don't know if the OP is ready for that kind of awesomeness. After all, he has only driven a Huracan. He may not be ready for that power level.

;)

:D

ZR1 over any Mustang. For me the hard choice would be Viper/ZR1 and I'd probably end up with a Viper.

Yea... thats a tough one too.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
+1 on who ever said swapping out the carbon ceramics for iron.

The only reason I would keep the ceramic is if I was going to only keep the car on the street and keep the miles off of it. Otherwise, sell the carbon ceramics to pay for the iron setup, or just keep them somewhere safe until you decide to sell.

08mojo

Established Member
I didn't read everybody else's reply but.. I own a vet and honestly not a big fan of them mine's not a ZR1. but they're super tiny inside hopefully you're single man with no kids... I own both and I much rather drive my Mustang everyday even though my vette males more power than my stang

This is not going to be a daily driver for the OP. I'd rather daily my (wife's) mustang than the Z06 (that I used to own, and need to update my sig). As a fun car though, the ZR1 is going to be tough to beat!

Jrt

Established Member
Yup ...i put way to much money in my 07 vette ..its 1400hp on dope so it mostly sets in my garage ..but is built as a daily just to say I have it... 440cbi just not enough room on the roads by me..lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
This is another good option. GTRs can be absolute beasts with minimal work. So consistent. And they are another car I would consider "exotic-like".
GT-R is just so boring to drive & that clunky trans FTL.

Never_Enough

Established Member

C6 is tiny inside? Are you 7 feet tall? ;) Plenty of room & plenty of cargo space.

Jrt

Established Member
LOL... that is literally one of the smallest cars I've gotten in...i smack my head on the roof every time I get in. and if I'm driving with a friend... I feel like we're holding hands cuz we're so close together in the car the whole time

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
When I was in my Cobra, guys would talk to me at a light.

When I am in my Vette, chicks want to talk to me.

Take the ZR1 for a test drive on a twisty road. Just remember there is a vette tax for everything you want to change or replace.

BTW, is there a great LSx speed shop in your area?
So Cobras are gay?

shamalama ramalama ding dong

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
For people who do not need a rear seat it almost seems a no brainer. The tight fit is what makes that car and driver seem more connected that roomier cars.

shamalama ramalama ding dong

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
GT-R is just so boring to drive & that clunky trans FTL.

I dont know mein.... everytime I have driven / riden in a GTR, I got plenty of smiles per gallon. And that is coming from a big time manual transmission advocate.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I hear ya and my hesitation comes from my C6z blowing up! LOL. that was seriously a bad bad day for me. I wasn't even on the gas pedal when the engine just shut off and I was leaking coolant out of my intake. 20k later and I still never understood why it happened. How could a completely different engine (ZR1) have the same problems? Have any of the Zr1 engines gone boom?

hart.gif

im out. ill stick to cheap mustangs

Users who are viewing this thread