Thinking About Selling The Cobra...

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
So i never really drive my Cobra anymore; it either sits at my parents' or friend's garage most of the time now. I live in a college town 3 hours away from the Cobra and the road is pretty bad, so bringing it up here is not a good idea. I'm still debating on selling it but i probably will this summer.

I'm currently looking at older CTS-V, Jeep SRT-8, or maybe SVT Raptor (if I'm lucky). Any opinions on them? I know it won't come close to a Whippled Cobra but i think it'll be more than enough for a DD. Also what is everyone's opinion on imports such as STI's and EVO's:burn:??? I never really drove one and i heard they are fun little cars. Thanks for the input guys!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Seriously,
I go back to school for my Master's in August in Dallas/FW and there is no way that this Terminator is going with me unless it's garaged. My gameplan, storage for a year or sell it but I'm leaning toward storage as I just can't part ways with this car.
Good luck but try to find a beater as you most likely will regret it unless you need the $$$ bad.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Exactly how i want each car to look like...
9701-2004-Cadillac-CTS-V.jpg

Srt8-Jeep-Photos.jpg

6618676_1.jpg

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Seriously,
I go back to school for my Master's in August in Dallas/FW and there is no way that this Terminator is going with me unless it's garaged. My gameplan, storage for a year or sell it but I'm leaning toward storage as I just can't part ways with this car.
Good luck but try to find a beater as you most likely will regret it unless you need the $$$ bad.

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm going back to school to start on my Master's before i go to USAF. I have a Yaris that i DD but it's way too small. It's very hard to move stuff around in that car. I want to sell the Yaris and Cobra, and just have one car.

BTW, what are you studying for your Master's?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I'm in the exact same situation. I'm going back to school to start on my Master's before i go to USAF. I have a Yaris that i DD but it's way too small. It's very hard to move stuff around in that car. I want to sell the Yaris and Cobra, and just have one car.

BTW, what are you studying for your Master's?

Hmm, I just can't see myself selling a Terminator for that. I'm not you, but driving a nice Caddy or SRT like that and not keeping it in TerminatorClean/Shape/Condition it would be difficult.

I'm studying Nurse Anesthesia at TCU. Good luck OP

mrose75

Established Member
Don't do it man!! You'll regret it. About 20 months ago I bought me an Infiniti M35 Sport as a DD and the Cobra is on toy status. Well, this M35 has become a bore and I'm about to drop it and get into an 03 M3 to liven things back up. The Infiniti is a very nice car, but it reminds me of the CTS commercial...."burns hot for a little while an fizzles out". The Cobra, brings a smile to my face everytime. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But that's just me, maybe I'm a little crazy.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I'd #1 keep the car, or, #2 get the Raptor

GL with your decision :beer:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Don't do it man!! You'll regret it. The Cobra, brings a smile to my face everytime. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But that's just me, maybe I'm a little crazy.

+1 No way I could sell mine.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Instead of selling the cobra get what's known in the snowy parts as a "winter beater." Something that's cheap and reliable...ish to get you through the daily grind.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Cheaper to keeper.

Keep the 03, put it in some kind of safe storage.

Sell the Yaris.

Buy a 2011 Mustang V6(new or used)
Roomy, nice, well equipped interior
2011_ford_mustang_v6_7_2_cd_gallery.jpg

Actually looks nice while getting great MPGs.
2011_ford_mustang_v6_9_cd_gallery.jpg

13.7 in the 1/4 mile.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-kill-drive-thru-34/758969-11-mustang-v6-vs-lt1-vids.html

Beats STIs at VIR (while on the speed limiter)
Ford Mustang kicks @ss for 2011 at VIR car and driver lightning lap! Very impressive! - GM Inside News Forum

Electronics package unequaled in the industry
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5gckqsS40&feature=related"]YouTube - Ford SYNC: Turn by Turn Navigation[/nomedia]

YOU DECIDE!
yaris.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There can be life after the Terminator. I dearly miss my '03 Cobra but honestly the '02 Infiniti QX4 that replaced it served me well. The Infiniti was comfy and didn't cost me much at all in regular maintenance (and no mods, LOL!). The '11 Buick (V6) LaCrosse I'm now driving is an awesome car. I really love it. But I can easily understand why some just can't part with their Cobra. It's an easy car to love IMO. Not the best car, but a great bang-for-the-buck car. Remember, too, that if you do sell your Terminator that you'll have other opportunities to own a muscle car in the future. And engineering/technology wise they'll just keep getting better. JMO.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Do you own the cobra outright or are you still making payments?
Do you need the money?

You have a nice car, you wont drive it becuase it's far away and the roads suck. But you are OK getting a EVO, STI or SRT8 jeep and driving that on the same shitty roads?

I guess i am just confused as to what you are trying to do?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Do you own the cobra outright or are you still making payments?
Do you need the money?

You have a nice car, you wont drive it becuase it's far away and the roads suck. But you are OK getting a EVO, STI or SRT8 jeep and driving that on the same shitty roads?

I guess i am just confused as to what you are trying to do?

I own the Cobra outright and I'm not selling because i need the money. I don't want to drive the Cobra because 1. It's way too low and the roads are super hilly and bad. I'm pretty sure it would scrape everywhere even on stock springs 2. I live at an apartment with no garage. I just want a fun DD that can get dirty and take some beating. I just can't see myself doing that to my Cobra.

If i get an STI, EVO, SRT-8, or Raptor it won't be as low as the Cobra and it'll be AWD/ 4x4. Plus i don't plan to heavily mod my next car.

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Chris, i'm not going to put my two cents in until next monday (i.e. the day after TX2K11 weekend)....you are still coming, aren't you?

Users who are viewing this thread