Tony Stewart hits driver Kevin Ward in sprint car incident....

ThomasL

Established Member
Very poor judgement to race today if he does. That tells the kids family it is business as usual, sucks for your loss:nonono:

Completely agree. This isn't a case where Stewart lost a relative and is racing in their honor or for his own "therapy". Incredibly poor judgement on Stewart's part to race today. The quote by his manager that today is "business as usual" is disturbing as well. Accident or not, sit today out.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
All the talking heads are gonna crucify Stewart, granted there is fault on both sides but this guy was an idiot getting on the track like that. Paid the ultimate price.

I am sure this is affecting stewart personally, he just gonna try to play it off. But he should be taking time off

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
I highly doubt that Tony tried to hit that guy. BUT he did clearly blip the throttle when he went past which kicked the car sideways. He should have never gotten out of the car and approached an open wheel car moving at any speed. He was on the track not in the pits! But I would not be surprised if he was charged with something.

i highly doubt he's charged. everything about the incident was due to the actions of the kid. even in the video you can see Ward is pointing directly in front of him as Stewart is coming around. sad.

they just reported that Stewart is not going to drive.

but this will most likely be the last time we see drivers getting out of cars to confront others.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
That's awful. Regardless of how stupid it was for Ward to get out of his car and get that close, if Stewart hadn't been a hot dog about it, the kid probably would still be alive. If Tony is even a quarter of a human being, he must be pretty torn up. Hopefully the kid's family's healing goes as well as possible and rules are changed to help avoid this happening again.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Interesting post from 1320. Trying to drive up some activity or know something we don't?

5C2C714D-8DB9-4CC9-9C7F-F09048EE31A2_zpsjd1hhx0c.png

hoamskilet

Established Member
Lots of derp all around there, but a good rule of thumb is don't get out of your car an a track and walk towards another moving racecar

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
That's awful. Regardless of how stupid it was for Ward to get out of his car and get that close, if Stewart hadn't been a hot dog about it, the kid probably would still be alive. If Tony is even a quarter of a human being, he must be pretty torn up. Hopefully the kid's family's healing goes as well as possible and rules are changed to help avoid this happening again.

He almost got hit by the car In front of tony

steeltoe

Established Member

Rule of thumb you don't leave the car unless there's a fire until safety crews get there.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
unless a better video comes out, manslaughter will not be successful. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes, that kid was trying to step in front of a moving vehicle.

vortecd

Established Member
Lots of derp all around there, but a good rule of thumb is don't get out of your car an a track and walk towards another moving racecar

very true but we have seen this before and I don't think it will change. There are many wreaks that are caused on purpose and drivers know it and get upset. This one being on dirt, I'm not so sure Tony wreaked him on purpose. I think it was a racing incident and Tony was trying to throw dirt on him.

Bottom line, he blurped the throttle right next to him and it would interesting to see how that plays out if they take it to court. The blurp of the throttle is a smoking gun and the jury could find him guilty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG6qno

Last edited:

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Rule of thumb you don't leave the car unless there's a fire until safety crews get there.

Absolutely. I'm not trying to absolve the kid of his responsibility for his own death, just thinking out loud I guess. How do you keep this from happening again? I guess there's not much you can do, this event should be about as much deterrent as anything new you could put in the rule book....

It's just a sad situation and unfortunate all around. But good lord, why would you step in front of a moving race car?

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Plus a dirt track is usually not lit as well as other tracks and the kid is wearing black. The visibility out of a sprint car isn't the greatest either. Sad accident for sure.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Plus a dirt track is usually not lit as well as other tracks and the kid is wearing black. The visibility out of a sprint car isn't the greatest either. Sad accident for sure.

Brighter colors (and reflective PT belts) may help but if Stewart blipped the throttle to give the guy a dirt shower, that indicates he knew exactly where he was, so maybe visibility wasn't a problem after all.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Wow!

Stewart knew that dude was right there and tried to "throw dirt" or scare the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread