Town Car ends prod

blacksrt

Established Member
that damn car needs to be extinct like its drivers..........

Last edited:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Cadillac is a brand like Lincoln, the town car is a specific car.

Isn't the town car/crown victoria the last car in the planet to still be made on an actual chassis? Car was due for a major overhaul or to be discontinued anyway, wouldn't be a financially smart decision for ford to keep this chassis for only one car.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Yea, it was only a matter of time, they are old cars.

My father drives a 2002 cartier, wonder if he knows they are going bye bye.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
I don't care who you are, if you need to drive in a comfortable car this is it. I rented 1 that was all the bells and whisles, with white walls. It did awesome donuts, but even when I wanted to beat the car. After a few blocks, you just couldn't because it was smooth. Drive 1 of these if you don't want road rage. Brake torques require no effort, and it's not fast, but it has a smooth V8.

Towncar = Classical Music

Timeless Icon, for being smooth, classic and soothing.

Drop it in 1st at 25mph, and brake, gas, brake, gas, I swear the tires come off the ground. The boat rocks, but you don't feel it, only the scenery gives it away. :) Yon can set the cruise on the freeway, enjoy the leather seat while your girls rides you at a smooth 75mph, hitting every pot hole you can. :) Troof :) You won't spill your beer in this ride.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
yes the panther platform is the last body on frame RWD platform left... Its been out since 1979 and the towncar has remained largely unchanged since 2003.. .The fact that they still want 50 grand for a new one is disgusting, since the resale drops incredibly after you drive it off the dealer lot...

The platform has been so unchanged for the longest that ford makes a profit off of every panther platform car they sell, since R&D costs have been paid off a long ass time ago... They've slowly been stripping options off these cars for the middle eastern market as well, but not lowering the price...

The last grand marquis was made in... I think january?

206873_213175232027988_130463693632476_884934_4171152_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.212948548717323.58777.130463693632476&type=1

You can really tell production is winding down if you go find a new 2011 crown vic... I was actually behind one the other day and it was the first I've seen in person, ford ran out of alot of different colored trunk panels (where the reverse lights and license plate go) so they just put a black fleet one on just about any car. I was behind a 2011 silver crown vic from like georgia and it had the black trunk panel on it...

if they invested real money into these cars after 03 it'd still be enough to compete, these cars get good MPG's for what that little 2v is pushing around... My marauder gets 26mpg on the highway, and I know numerous people that can get 28 in their marquis and towncars.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
The worst part is, they are going to give one of the new Lincoln SUV's the towncar name as an option.

It will have no 3 row seat and be called the towncar.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Good, now they can resurrect the Continental [with suicide doors].

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heard this news on a Lincoln forum. Doesn't surprise me at all. I expected it was coming.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
My first car was a white '89 Lincoln Town Car....talk about chick repellant!

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
My dad owns a 2008 model and is the BIGGEST town car fan. But he's 73, so that's to be expected.

That car is definitely not my style, but I'll tell you this. It's the smoothest car I've ever ridden/driven. You can hit a cow and not feel a thing.

snake134

^^^^definitely smooth, but a similarly priced MB or Lexus will have a lot more bells and whistles and will ride just as smooth. i guess they still had enough demand to warrant it's production until 2011. surprising.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I don't care who you are, if you need to drive in a comfortable car this is it. I rented 1 that was all the bells and whisles, with white walls. It did awesome donuts, but even when I wanted to beat the car. After a few blocks, you just couldn't because it was smooth. Drive 1 of these if you don't want road rage. Brake torques require no effort, and it's not fast, but it has a smooth V8.

Towncar = Classical Music

Timeless Icon, for being smooth, classic and soothing.

Drop it in 1st at 25mph, and brake, gas, brake, gas, I swear the tires come off the ground. The boat rocks, but you don't feel it, only the scenery gives it away. :) Yon can set the cruise on the freeway, enjoy the leather seat while your girls rides you at a smooth 75mph, hitting every pot hole you can. :) Troof :) You won't spill your beer in this ride.

True story. My mother has a 2004 Town Car Signature. It rides very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread