Well the times come to make a decision

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea thieves don’t rob shit from the ghetto. What’s with the ease of stealing mopar stuff?
Easily captured codes, ECM swaps are easy, easy VIN replication and changeable to a vehicle, and a charger/challenger is one of the top preferred cars driven by thugs, so they’re desirable to them, and bring really good money when sold to unsuspecting victims.

Basically the ease of theft and appeal of the cars

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Easily captured codes, ECM swaps are easy, easy VIN replication and changeable to a vehicle, and a charger/challenger is one of the top preferred cars driven by thugs, so they’re desirable to them, and bring really good money when sold to unsuspecting victims.

Basically the ease of theft and appeal of the cars
Gotta love technology

noco5.0

Established Member
Had I kept my Hellcat I would have had this installed.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta love technology
You know the metal key boxes that dealerships rolled up in the window of a new car on the lot? I remember stories when the keyless, push-button start was becoming popular on cars that thieves would simply walk onto the lot, break the window, throw the key box into the car and drive it away. I guess we have to adapt to technology for it to be awesome

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Yea thieves don’t rob shit from the ghetto. What’s with the ease of stealing mopar stuff?

I’ve seen videos that show how to do it, it’s pretty easy unfortunately. Especially something with the gear shift to be able put in gear, neutral etc.

I would think some sort of kill switch and an aftermarket block off plate for the free shift problem would cure 99% of thefts.

+1 for ravelco. I have these in my work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app[/url

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
You know the metal key boxes that dealerships rolled up in the window of a new car on the lot? I remember stories when the keyless, push-button start was becoming popular on cars that thieves would simply walk onto the lot, break the window, throw the key box into the car and drive it away. I guess we have to adapt to technology for it to be awesome
Adapt and overcome. You really gotta be two steps ahead of everyone

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
What’s up boys, so we all know that hellcats are of interest to people. According to some studies and rumors they’re the #1 most stolen vehicle in the country. This one hits close to home. My bestfriend and I have two black hellcats. He’s got a 2018 widebody hellcat challenger, and I have a 2016 hellcat charger. We always ride around together, cruise, get lunch etc. Well this morning at 1:22 his hellcat was stolen about a mile from my house. I guess the question remains, and or comes up. My ladyfriend and I love this hellcat. However there is so much theft going on, and it’s becoming more and more common in my area. There was a yellow challenger hellcat chopped up and ditched behind UTC towncenter mall. I don’t live in the ghetto, I live in a nice community. Obviously thieves don’t steal in their own hoods.

Do we sell the hellcat when the markets decent (now) or do we just make sure it’s always garages, kill switch it, etc?
Ill be down in a couple weeks. We can take it through some seedy florida ghettos and see how it goes. Dump the insurance cash on a new GT500!

LS WUT

Established Member
Ill be down in a couple weeks. We can take it through some seedy florida ghettos and see how it goes. Dump the insurance cash on a new GT500!
Haha very few people I’d say I’d do that with. You just so happen to be one of them. On a serious note. I’d love to go for a ride in your new GT500.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Haha very few people I’d say I’d do that with. You just so happen to be one of them. On a serious note. I’d love to go for a ride in your new GT500.
We will make that happen. I gotta drop it off to PBD to finish up the tune. but soon as thats done, we can make that happen.

LS WUT

Established Member
Thats what I was wondering. Why do I keep hearing about Mopars getting stolen?
As @TK1299 stated. They’re beyond easy to steal. If you bust out the smaller back window on the chargers, or even the challenger. No alarm will sound. They have “neutral” straps that are so easily accessible you don’t even need tools. Pop that bad boy off, and pull the strap and you can just push it away. Now they’re just pulling the bottom panel off on the passenger floor board, accessing the PCM, making a new key and it’s theirs. Which is what happened to my buddies. I’ve got the ring videos, but I can’t post them unless I post them to YouTube and such first.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well in the recent weeks I’ve been looking into a storage unit for the cars that aren’t in my garage. It’s about $600 a month, it includes electric, water. It can fit 4 cars. I’d assume some bikes too. Which would help. However it’s currently about 5 miles or so from my house. I’m not opposed to having this shop, I just don’t like having to go get a car if I wanna drive it, etc. however when it comes to things like this I feel it might be best in a facility with cameras, and always locked up. I don’t want to get rid of the hellcat. It’s an awesome daily driver, it’s fast, fun, and can hold the boys. With that being said I don’t take it when I stay at hotels, I don’t leave it anywhere that’s not next to my window to see it, or in an ungarage placed. I’m limited as is, maybe I’m spooked in the sense this was literally a neighborhood away from me. The cars not always able to be blocked at my house. At my apartment it’s got a garage spot. I’m about to rent another garage space at my apartment until I figure out this shop ordeal. My lease for the apartment is up in November. At that point the $2,115 I pay for that can help fund a shop, or even pay to have one build.
I believe Brady (@Bdubbs) parks his cars in his new garage, which is not on his home property. It's only a minor inconvenience if you don't drive the Hellcat every day. It's an option to consider. Of course, be sure any garage you use has sufficient security to protect it from thieves. Sucks that we have to worry so much about thugs stealing what we work hard to own. Their philosophy.....why work when you can steal what you need. :mad:

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Storage unit? My buddy finally got caught stealing boats and campers and bikes from those. Did it for YEARS.

Wouldn't consider one secure at all.

You’re friends with a thief? That means you’re ok with it if you remained friends. Complicit if you didn’t turn his ass in.

Maybe I’m misreading your post but that’s how it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread