• AXLE EXCHANGE

Votes: 19 10.0%
  • OTHER (what brand)

Votes: 28 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jasont50GTstang

Established Member
I just ordered a dynotech from Lethal as well. Hoping for a good outcome, but can you guys also state if you are installing a safety loop as well?

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
i have a DSS carbon fiber shaft. The carbon fiber looks pretty gross but it's an extremely nice quality shaft that performs perfectly.

The car rides really good on the highway at 70+mph speeds. At 100+mph speeds it's vibration free.

I have to send my DSS back! car has very little clunk at all compared to stock shaft, very smooth in RPM rang from a dig or role. But if I let it run hard through the gears at 90 MPH (6000-7000 RPM)I start to get the rumble strip feel. If I am soft on the peddle under 5000 RPM car at 100MPH has no issue. If I honk on it at say 80 MPH car starts to vibrate when RPM are higher. I installed a go pro cam under my car and suspension looked fine.

calgarybandit

Established Member
My Axle Exchange DS has a vibration in it around 75 at stock height and with springs I have an adjustable 3rd link and have not been able to adjust the vibration away.

I had same drive shaft and issue and they are junk! it was turned into a large bird feeder.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I'm not familiar with how all the various brands attach but I do know the Dynatech uses an aluminum adapter that bolts to the stock flange. No messing with the pinion nut on that one. It was smoother than the factory 2-piece in my car.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I have a dynatech in my Boss and I LOVE it. I was shocked at how nice the car drives, big improvement over stock, would highly recommend.

termie2590

Established Member
Aftermarket Driveshafts seem to have mixed results despite which brand you choose. I installed a Dynatech and had vibrations at different speeds , i spent a lot of time with pinion angles trying different things in hope of eliminating the problem but was not able to. I put the factory shaft back in and the car was smooth so i took the shaft back to the place of purchase and he gave me another Dynatech to try , i was going to order a DSS but decided to give Dynatech another try , I installed that one last night and it is perfectly smooth everywhere, no vibrations at all.

D.T.R

Established Member
it's starting to sound like Dynatech is the one to with huh...

Anyone going to a DSS and looking to sell their dynatech ?
troll-troll-face.jpg

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
what I can't wrap my head around is the pricing. Why are other older mustangs paying less than $250 for a single piece drive shaft, while we have to pay triple that? seems a little excessive... unless there is something in the design of these drive shafts that I'm missing.

CV Joints are expensive, and inflation increasing material and labor cost.

DTL

Established Member
Aren't CVs kind of heavy? I'm sure the overall weight would still be less than the factory 2-piece though.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Are people just making typos or are there offerings from Dynatech and Dynotech?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Running an Axel Exchange unit with no issues. Based on the posts to this thread, & issues with several different mfg.'s driveshafts, I think the install is the issue.

908ssp

Established Member
908 I take it your talking about DSS version? My Axle Exchange DS has a vibration in it around 75 at stock height and with springs I have an adjustable 3rd link and have not been able to adjust the vibration away. I'm seriously consdiering the DSS version.

Yes DSS or PST. I bought a PST because they were the first DS available with a CV joint and it has worked perfect for me. I think the DSS might be even be better I like the way they mount the CVC joint end a bit better than PST.

Any company can have the occasional quality issue it is pain but if they straighten things out then we can live with that. But a design with all too common problems needs to disappear. Those sliding joints are a chronic failure point. The slightest play in that joint means the shaft isn't straight anymore and can't be expected to run without vibration. Plus the universal joint needs to run parallel with each other but people are told to run out of parallel so they are a parallel under load which means they aren't parallel when cruising causing vibration issues.

My PST
IMG_1620.jpg

Properly aligned universal joints

2joint_angle.gif

casper gt

Established Member
I can see you don't have much experience in the field by this comment. This is no problem with changing out a pinion flange regarding your complaints. Have done this many times and not a single issue with 15 years in the field. I'm also a Ford master tech and nobody else does it any different. Don't flame or talk shit about a company when you obviously lack automotive mechanics and knowledge

I've been a mechanic for over 30+ years & have seen plenty of disasters arise from someone just swapping a pinion flange (or seal) on pretty much anything from a car to a heavy truck.

can it be done with no issues? shure.
can you end up with a noisy diff (or worse) because you short cutted it & didn't replace the crush sleeve/etc? defenately.

lack automotive knowledge..........I guess you think your talking to the typical teenager/adult wanna be forum lurker, which I assure you I am neither.

twistedneck

Established Member
DSS carbon shaft has performed flawlessly, I didn't even try to remove any of the factory Loctite and the black adapter disc plate it comes with tapped in with ease and its been vibration free up to 140+.

Also several drag type launches w/o any issues-tons of bumps too, and i'm sure I've had it at full rebound under power where that cv gets close to binding up yet still no issues.

and its only 20.2lbs!

Users who are viewing this thread