Which One; Paxton, Procharger, 76 Precision Turbo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigWill90

Established Member
Procharger

Paxton

76 Precision Turbo

I have a 9:5:1 aluminator coyote motor with a silverfox 950 4R70W trans and a circleD converter my goal is to run 8's using e85 still having daily driving capability. It is now become the time to choose the power adder the last big purchase left on the list I have went back and forth trying to decide hopefully your input will help me make a decision .Oh by the way it's going in a 87 coupe should be around 3000 pounds give or take.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Procharger. I've seen one on a stock auto 11 5.0L run 9's with 1000 more pounds, nuff said

Bud

Established Member
Turbo, more efficient, boost can be controlled electronically on the fly. Easier to tune it down for the street then crank it up for the track. Can't imagine a setup like this in 3k lbs, gotta be fun!

t01lightning

Established Member
Paxton has more potential only have to purchase one headunit. I would do a single 88 just crank it down on the street. The 76 will be taxed out to run 8s

itSSlow98

Established Member
Turbo for sure especially with an auto. That car will fly. Its already been summed up why. I just HATE reading about all the belt issues with the prochargers and such.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
If money is a consideration I would definitely go with the Paxton. It is cheaper than both of those unless you are building your own turbo kit. The Paxton kit has the potential to make more power than the prochargers. 1000+ horsepower on the 2200SL headunit that comes with the kit. A well built turbo kit and turbo would be great though if you want to throw down the $$$.

BigWill90

Established Member
I was thinking the 82 because I didn't want to max out the turbo I wanted to leave some extra room for growth.the Paxton would be the next choose but since I'm calling this my last bill I don't mind spending the extra money on the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread