Which power adder?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if you have the means, the op gears are def a nice safety addition.

if you really like the screw blowers, the roush or the vmp are very nice. we just did a stage 3 for a member and one of our custom roush specials, both very nice

Angry50

Established Member
if you have the means, the op gears are def a nice safety addition.

if you really like the screw blowers, the roush or the vmp are very nice. we just did a stage 3 for a member and one of our custom roush specials, both very nice

my main preference is low cost high speed.. lol from my understanding a TVS ramps up faster.

RCM90

Established Member
Op,

Ive had or been in nitrous, twin screw, pd blower, and turbo cars. Nothing is more fun than driving or riding in a turbo car. Plus ive seen stock motors last a good bit longer with a turbo.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
If you have an auto... Can't beat a TVS for simple OEM quality, reliability, and stock drivability. Full weight 10 sec street car... I drive mine to the track, air down the tires & run mid 10's. Air them back up & roll out!

If you have a stick... A centeri will be easier to hook up and still get you in the 10's... 9's are possible in a max effort setup.

If your after a 1000 HP street car with a built motor & money is no object, go turbo.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
TVS will always be my torquey, fun to drive choice. Centrifugal lack of torque might not hurt them in a car set up for the track. But when a centri guy hops in a pd blower car and starts giggling from all the accidental wheelspin, that says it all.

Or you could go turbo, but sounds like that's not really the op's question.

466roller

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;mAVUv2B98fM]http://youtu.be/mAVUv2B98fM?list=UUbhO9FfCnGjLtMHTBTFSikw[/video]http://youtu.be/mAVUv2B98fM?list=UUbhO9FfCnGjLtMHTBTFSikw
I don't know, this looks fun! Please correct me if I'm wrong, stock motor, trans, suspension.

You've owned PD cars in the past and liked them, for a convertible and your goals I'd say you'd probably be just fine going PD. Maybe look into the new VMP set-up. It seems to have a little more "grow" room than some of the other PD set-ups. Enjoy the new ride!

Last edited:

JD09GT500

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. I don't really go to the drag strip that much anymore. I have always been a little more into handling. That being said. I miss the power of my Shelby and Termi. But this car is something I want my wife to comfortable driving. She was a little afraid of the Shelby and Termi. I have thought about staying N/A. I will probably go the TVS route. Everyone seems to be really happy with them. Like I said, I have had high horsepower cars. Now I just want something that I can beat on a little but not be afraid to drive anywhere. Again thanks for all the info.

CPRsm

[video=youtube_share;mAVUv2B98fM]http://youtu.be/mAVUv2B98fM?list=UUbhO9FfCnGjLtMHTBTFSikw[/video]http://youtu.be/mAVUv2B98fM?list=UUbhO9FfCnGjLtMHTBTFSikw
I don't know, this looks fun! Please correct me if I'm wrong, stock motor, trans, suspension.
Yep all stock w springs and a converter. That's our base kit. High 9's on 7psi. He daily drives it and has over 20k miles on it now. Just drove from central Flroida to Houston last week without a hiccup. Had one accidentally go 140 this weekend on 8psi. He has to turn it down lol

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Yep all stock w springs and a converter. That's our base kit. High 9's on 7psi. He daily drives it and has over 20k miles on it now. Just drove from central Flroida to Houston last week without a hiccup. Had one accidentally go 140 this weekend on 8psi. He has to turn it down lol

Yeah guys when was the last time you seen a TVS hit the 9's on 7psi?? :pop:.............................. Thats what i thought!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
9s seem to be irrelevant to what the OP is looking for.
What is best for the 1/4 mile or even the best for you is not what may be best for him.
Everyone loves numbers.
In his case, who cares who won or went the fastest.

Users who are viewing this thread