Whipple 5.0 vs KB Cobra

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I can't quite make out what y'all are trying to say over the Cobra nut-gargling noises. Speak up, would you?

Not sure why you leaking pussy juice all over the floor with a Kb cobra beatdown thread without any vids :shrug: Although I did give you props on my first post , now with your #(27) post I see what you were trying to do .:sleeping::sleeping: is getting old the 03 vs 5.0 smack talk , so at least provide some vids next time to see a 03-04 losing to a 5.0 :beer:

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Reading comprehension AGAIN, this is getting old, you cobra nut gobblers aren't much good with that? The correction factor is 1.25, like I said. Would you like calculator instructions, it's actually quite easy

Nope don't need your help.

So you put down 600 RWHP but corrected to SAE you are at 750 rwhp.

Not sure why you keep insulting Cobra owners? Again try MustangForums..they will welcome you with open arms

Do you know what a high HP GT is? Wait for it...A high HP GT..that's it my man.

Done feeding your troll habits....jealousy is a biotch

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Nope don't need your help.

So you put down 600 RWHP but corrected to SAE you are at 750 rwhp.

Not sure why you keep insulting Cobra owners? Again try MustangForums..they will welcome you with open arms

Or buy a Boss or a GT500 then you will be part of the SVT club.

Do you know what a high HP GT is? Wait for it...A high HP GT..that's it my man.

Done feeding your troll habits....jealousy is a biotch

You should quit busting the OP's balls about being a Mustang owner on a SVT site unless you want to jump on and flame every Vette, Fbody, etc owner on this site for being here. The OP owns a car built on the same platform, using much of the same pieces, built in the same factory as the SVT Mustangs. It's motor will likely soon make it as the motor the future SVT Mustangs motor will be based on.

On the real a new Coyote Mustang is a better car than a old Terminator regardless of whether or not the OP is full of shit. I would much rather have a 2011+ GT than my old Terminator.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Some of you people are too funny! Are you Terminator peeps irritated that these new 5.0s are giving your supercharged, forged bottom end, SVT-created Cobras a run for your money stock-for-stock? Or are you new 5.0 owners mad that despite the year and technological advances your car has over '03-04 Cobras that in three or four years from now Terminators will still command just as much if not more money?

Everyone needs to just STFU already. At the end of the day you all drive a Mustang that the average Joe can't tell apart. Go hate on rice or something, but not your own damn brothers. :nonono:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
You should quit busting the OP's balls about being a Mustang owner on a SVT site unless you want to jump on and flame every Vette, Fbody, etc owner on this site for being here. The OP owns a car built on the same platform, using much of the same pieces, built in the same factory as the SVT Mustangs. It's motor will likely soon make it as the motor the future SVT Mustangs motor will be based on.

On the real a new Coyote Mustang is a better car than a old Terminator regardless of whether or not the OP is full of shit. I would much rather have a 2011+ GT than my old Terminator.

Good point but most F-body and Vette owners aren't in here insulting Cobra owners.

Do you think the vette owners would welcome me with open arms at their forum if I post I how kill C6's and they are slow.

Call every Vette owner a "nut swinger" who disagrees.

Not sure I am buying the 5.0 is a better car. Why? Engine is better but after that I would take a Cobra and a F/I Cobra more specifically over a N/A coyote engine car.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Some of you people are too funny! Are you Terminator peeps irritated that these new 5.0s are giving your supercharged, forged bottom end, SVT-created Cobras a run for your money stock-for-stock? Or are you new 5.0 owners mad that despite the year and technological advances your car has over '03-04 Cobras that in three or four years from now Terminators will still command just as much if not more money?

Everyone needs to just STFU already. At the end of the day you all drive a Mustang that the average Joe can't tell apart. Go hate on rice or something, but not your own damn brothers. :nonono:

Coming from an F-body guy that is a decent point. But I am tired of the 5.0 guys coming here and talking crap about Cobras.

I have never been to another Mustang site and insulted GTs? I have said it before....

Most Cobra owners respect and understand how good the 5.0 engine is but that doesn't mean Cobras are now shit and slow.

I prefer the New Edge look and like the 05-09 Retro style better than the 10+ style.

Jroc

Established Member
Good point but most F-body and Vette owners aren't in here insulting Cobra owners.

Do you think the vette owners would welcome me with open arms at their forum if I post I how kill C6's and they are slow.

Call every Vette owner a "nut swinger" who disagrees.

Not sure I am buying the 5.0 is a better car. Why? Engine is better but after that I would take a Cobra and a F/I Cobra more specifically over a N/A coyote engine car.

Actually I've seen more than a few shit talking Vette/Fbodie owners on here, and many are just on here to defend their cars which is stupid as obviously there is going to be some bias that goes on here. For example I've read old LS1Tech threads where cammed Fbody owners get their panties wadded when someone in a pulleyed Terminator posted a kill on one, and I never felt the need to post defending the Cobra as I know it's a site dedicated to LS powered cars and obviously they are going to have a bias towards them.

The thing that's least better on a new 5.0 Mustang than a Terminator is it's motor at least in terms of power production with simple mods. A S197 is a much better car than a Terminator it just never had a factory motor that could compete. The new 5.0 are as good, and the rest of the car is worlds better than a old Foxbody/SN95 platform. Go drive one. Handling, comfort, refinement, predictability, quality, grip, etc is much improved in the new Mustang GT's.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I didn't start the thread to bash Cobras, far from it. Pretty sure I said I always liked the cars. Then I start getting douchey replies from people that apparently skim instead of read. Fast forward to a Cobra owner telling me to get off SVTP since my car isn't SVT.. and yeah, my opinion of *some* Cobra owners just went down a tick or two.

Thanks for providing some entertainment during my BAP install!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I don't see any where on here, where anyone is jealous of your Mustang Cobra. In all honestly, slagburn could stick some special badge on his car and call it the slagburn edition because he had his motor hand built and it is a limited run car. Nobody gives a shit about the exclusiveness of your Cobra. It's a vehicle that ford modified and used to push sales on, for how many thousands of them they made. With all that said, the termis were pretty sweet cars for their times and they still hold up pretty good (performance wise) to what is on the market now. At the end of the day whether it's a V6, GT, Cobra or GT500, it is still a Mustang.

The title of the website is SVTperformance, but they do have sections for non-svt cars on here. If you want members with only SVT cars on here I would suggest making your own site. Until then I will continue to post kill stories about cars of all kinds, even if it means offending you with a cobra kill story.

With all the talk about resale for these cars, I could care less if this car is worth its weight in scrap metal when I am done with it. I'm glad your SVT will be worth what you bought it for 5 years ago. But in all honesty, don't forget about inflation. It's value is actually going down. Building, racing and showing cars is a hobby to me. If you are buying a terminator for an investement I could think of a much better way to invest 20-30k.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I don't see any where on here, where anyone is jealous of your Mustang Cobra. In all honestly, slagburn could stick some special badge on his car and call it the slagburn edition because he had his motor hand built and it is a limited run car. Nobody gives a shit about the exclusiveness of your Cobra. It's a vehicle that ford modified and used to push sales on, for how many thousands of them they made. With all that said, the termis were pretty sweet cars for their times and they still hold up pretty good (performance wise) to what is on the market now. At the end of the day whether it's a V6, GT, Cobra or GT500, it is still a Mustang.

The title of the website is SVTperformance, but they do have sections for non-svt cars on here. If you want members with only SVT cars on here I would suggest making your own site. Until then I will continue to post kill stories about cars of all kinds, even if it means offending you with a cobra kill story.

With all the talk about resale for these cars, I could care less if this car is worth its weight in scrap metal when I am done with it. I'm glad your SVT will be worth what you bought it for 5 years ago. But in all honesty, don't forget about inflation. It's value is actually going down. Building, racing and showing cars is a hobby to me. If you are buying a terminator for an investement I could think of a much better way to invest 20-30k.

Firstly, most cobra owners aren't "offended" when someone posts Cobra kills, but people want details.

OP's lack of facts caused people to question him...He got all offended and took the usual 5.0 stance...call cobra owners swingers.

If you are going to come to SVT to post... don't insult SVT owners...plain and simple...

I don't think anyone buys a Cobra as an investment now but facts are facts...a limited model car will likely hold it's resale better than a more mass produced car...

Tired of the 5.0 owners posturing every time someone asks them about their mods or makes ridiculous statements about Cobras and their potential...Those are the people who need to leave instead of being divisive.

What group of owners(5.0) comes to a forum and begins to bash that car?

You are right we are all Mustang owners which makes this whole debate even more pathetic.

Never have I argued with group of owners as much I have argued with 5.0 owners...???

I have this screen name on other sites and go see if I have ever went to a Non SVT Mustang website and talked smack about other Mustangs...hasn't happened.

I more defend Cobras than bash 5.0s...can't say that about 5.0 owners

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Going to the track tomorrow, should be a ton of cars. It's a radio station's car show with 'grudge runs' for 3 bucks. I'll have my Go-Pro ready in case I get a rematch.

racebronco2

Established Member
If the op just would've posted his mods we wouldn't have to go thru all this shit. Some of us didn't believe it because the average blown 5.0 is not equal to the average blown kb.Then he insults us. I for one am not jealous of the new 5.0.

Reminds me of a friends, friends car, 600rwhp 55 chevy bel air. He's 4 seconds faster than i am at a certain road racing track, unbelievable. Come to find out that it a C6ZO6 chassis with a 55 body on it. Changes the whole meaning of the story.

gargstang

Established Member
Ops car is pretty badass. He and I have been dyno'd the same day on his old set up. John correct me if I'm wrong but you had a 2.3 Whipple with a 2.75 pulley on the stock block put down 644/577 the same day I was at 627/560. Now the car is built with the 2.9.

And just as an FYI for those of you trying to equate quarter mph to the corrected dyno numbers good luck. They never make sense with the altitude.

gargstang

Established Member
Oh and what color was the car? Black on black by chance? If so it is a 2.2 KB car. Formerly owned by Evilblack on here.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm not tripping about the OP's mods, I just want to know how he knew the terminator had a KB..... Did I miss that?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Oh and what color was the car? Black on black by chance? If so it is a 2.2 KB car. Formerly owned by Evilblack on here.

First, Jon, thanks for an entertaining thread:beer:

Second, Gary, Evilblack sold his car?? Did he get something to replace it?

Third, All the haters, get over it. Its a built coyote with a big blower, torco in the tank, and an upgraded fuel system. Like it or not a basic blower only coyote will wipe the floor with ANY stock blower cobra(when equally driven with traction). Most will run right with or beat a basic 2.2L-2.3L TS 16-18psi Cobra. Also, 2.2L, 2.3L, 2.4L, 2.6L, it doesn't matter, 03-04 cobras all make right around 600whp on pump gas no matter what size blower is on it until you get into the 3.4L and bigger units. Those saying coyotes aren't rare, your right! NEITHER ARE 03-04 Cobras. There a dime a dozen. So stop acting like you idiots drive something special. It's a mustang no matter how you slice it and even less rare if it has mods on it. The only way someone can call an 03-04 cobra rare is if its super low miles and COMPLETELY stock.

Edit: For those trying to wrap their heads around SAE HP numbers and track times not adding up. Realize that we race in 8000FT DA conditions DAILY. A good day for us is 7000FT. So those who bitch about 2000FT DA, can suck it. A car that runs low 11's hear is the same car that will knock on 9's at sea level. Garstang has a 2.3 Whipple cobra and iirc has trapped(albeit with crappy street tires) 118mph iirc. Compare that to sea level guys going upper 120's on the same setup. For Slagburns car to go 126mph on pump gas and a stock MAXED out GT500 TB, that's VERY impressive. I'm guessing 130+mph tomorrow now that the motor is not building vacuum in the intake plenum. We use SAE number up here to simplify the comparison for some of you idiot sea level guys. If we said slagburns car made 550whp with his current setup everyone would scream that something was wrong, he was an idiot, and the car was a POS. Thats why we use SAE #'s. It simplifies it for those who are the lowest common denominator on this site.

/rant.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
First, Jon, thanks for an entertaining thread:beer:

Second, Gary, Evilblack sold his car?? Did he get something to replace it?

Third, All the haters, get over it. Its a built coyote with a big blower, torco in the tank, and an upgraded fuel system. Like it or not a basic blower only coyote will wipe the floor with ANY stock blower cobra. Most will run right with or beat a basic 2.2L-2.3L TS 16-18psi Cobra. Also, 2.2L, 2.3L, 2.4L, 2.6L, it doesn't matter, 03-04 cobras all make right around 600whp on pump gas no matter what size blower is on it until you get into the 3.4L and bigger units. Those saying coyotes aren't rare, your right! NEITHER ARE 03-04 Cobras. There a dime a dozen. So stop acting like you idiots drive something special. It's a mustang no matter how you slice it and even less rare if it has mods on it. The only way someone can call an 03-04 cobra rare is if its super low miles and COMPLETELY stock.

2003 Cobra approximately 14,000 built

2004 Cobra approximately 5700 built.

I would say a bit rarer then an 11-13 GT...regardless of mods...

Mod for mod? Not here to debate that. Cobras are the GT500 of their time.

Would the average 5.0 owner claim the 11-12 GT500 is nothing special and

not rare. How about the 13 GT500? Just because time has passed doesn't

mean a Cobra is suddenly a POS and "nothing special"

I guarantee plenty of 5.0 owners had aspirations for an 03/04 Cobra previously

Users who are viewing this thread