WHIPPLE vs. TVS: A factual blower compare

bad93svt

Established Member
20130913_192645_zps034ccb95.jpg
\

got mine>

86mudstang

Established Member
I've seen the vaccum lines like that on most VMP installs...I think that they are the stock lines unwrapped and reused from the egr delete?!

SVTDice

Established Member
So I've been playing around with the Idea of getting either a Whipple or a TVS. But I'm having a really hard time finding data on a specific aspect of both blowers. Is how hot they run? My Eaton in the summer is just flat out stupid even with the Port. Getting 130 IAT2's while crusing on the highway is just too hot for my taste.

So, out of the two. How do they perform IAT2 wise at similar boost levels. This is what makes or breaks it for me.

ttk53

Established Member
[youtube_browser]nevqEsd0sVk[/youtube_browser]

Sorry They were STD numbers didnt notice at first I was kinda :eek:
Car makes 656 SAE on 93
IMG_20130511_105129_zps63ffbecc.jpg

Words of my tuner when I went to pick my car up "**** KB **** Whipple this thing is nasty."

Car has gone 6.80 @ 106 in the 1/8 but it broke the diff that pass and I haven't had a chance to get back. this was with my 18in reps up front. Car was down on power then I checked afr and it was 10.3 My regulator had allowed the fuel pressure to go up 4psi Base. I backed it down and with an afr of 11.5 car picked up 30 whp across the board.

Last edited:

wastntime

Established Member
[youtube_browser]nevqEsd0sVk[/youtube_browser]

Sorry They were STD number didnt notice at first I was kinda :eek:
Car makes 656 SAE on 93
IMG_20130511_105129_zps63ffbecc.jpg

Words of my tuner when I went to pick my car up "**** KB **** Whipple this thing is nasty."

Damn that is nasty. How much boost are you running?

nycarpenter

Established Member
Nobody has keyed on 1 important thing in my eye's.

If it's a smaller company that stands behind their great product that's who will get my business most or all of the time.

TVS for me.

Well said Brian. I had issues with the big box company and it was not pretty.. I do not go by the almighty dyno #s as a guide to success. If everything is functioning as it should and the car makes you grin ear to ear then you have a good combo. I am not concerned what the car puts down in an early AM glory run with 3 fans and 2 10 lb bags of ice on the blower. Your laughing right.. I have seen it many times. it's how it leaves the place that counts. JMHO I will go TVS on my next Cobra that is a promise...

stangfreak

Established Member
You VMP guys are really disapointing even as a group from a shop and the way you try to inform possible customers is a shame. You are right, I do question both the pros and cons of both blowers, in order to help the choice I have in front of me. Your arrogance, and cocky attitude that you are better then I am, or the fact that you are insinuating that because I have a brain and like to use it to gather information, opinion and experience from owners of both blowers, that I have some sort of predetermined choice already. The fact is dude, I dont just "follow" like you have, I would rather make an informed choice and let that lead me for what fits my needs.

If you like to be a follower then follow good sir, but just because I want to encourage good convo and continued sharing of peoples experience and findings with said blowers, that should not warrant your negative posts demaning my character.

I will tell you this, should I choose to buy a VMP blower, it will not be through you or the VMP shop or its sales people, soley because of the poor representation and attitude all the so called "affiliate sales people" have shown on here. I would much rather purchase a used one, so that VMP does not see one red cent from my pocket.

someone earlier mentioned a "small shop standing by their product" and how that should be a determining factor, I can tell you after reading all the post by the VMP guys on here, the negative and undermining comments it shows to me VMP is a shop and its sales people are some I wont do business with, with that kind of support and "representation" you can bet I wont buy the blower from VMP or any TVS distributor. I am completely turned off, and I can promise you I will share THIS experience with anyone who has a similar choice at hand.

Good point, as with anything user error and or abuse could affect anything. Some strong points with the TVS Ive gathered from this thread is, 35 pounds lighter then the whipple (huge plus in my eyes) and the ease of working on the motor (also a huge plus since I do most of the basic plugs and hand tool required work on the car).

THIS!!!!!! It is getting a bit out of control. I actually wanted them to make a 3.3 tvs and I was going to buy it. I think the 2.3 tvs is a bad ass blower. It wasn't available when I bought the 2.9 but im happy. Its just from a lot of the threads and how some of the tvs guys talk, I really don't want to buy one anymore for that reason. It actually turned me off just like the 5.0 guys with there coyote motors. I wont buy one. Props to the tvs blower though.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hi Mike, I've heard about you but I don't believe we've ever spoken.

I'm sorry you've come up with such a negative opinion. I know you are local, I would love to meet you in person and talk cars. PM me.

Whipple makes a great product too. I'm sure you'll choose whatever is best for you.

You VMP guys are really disapointing even as a group from a shop and the way you try to inform possible customers is a shame. You are right, I do question both the pros and cons of both blowers, in order to help the choice I have in front of me. Your arrogance, and cocky attitude that you are better then I am, or the fact that you are insinuating that because I have a brain and like to use it to gather information, opinion and experience from owners of both blowers, that I have some sort of predetermined choice already. The fact is dude, I dont just "follow" like you have, I would rather make an informed choice and let that lead me for what fits my needs.

If you like to be a follower then follow good sir, but just because I want to encourage good convo and continued sharing of peoples experience and findings with said blowers, that should not warrant your negative posts demaning my character.

I will tell you this, should I choose to buy a VMP blower, it will not be through you or the VMP shop or its sales people, soley because of the poor representation and attitude all the so called "affiliate sales people" have shown on here. I would much rather purchase a used one, so that VMP does not see one red cent from my pocket.

someone earlier mentioned a "small shop standing by their product" and how that should be a determining factor, I can tell you after reading all the post by the VMP guys on here, the negative and undermining comments it shows to me VMP is a shop and its sales people are some I wont do business with, with that kind of support and "representation" you can bet I wont buy the blower from VMP or any TVS distributor. I am completely turned off, and I can promise you I will share THIS experience with anyone who has a similar choice at hand.

Good point, as with anything user error and or abuse could affect anything. Some strong points with the TVS Ive gathered from this thread is, 35 pounds lighter then the whipple (huge plus in my eyes) and the ease of working on the motor (also a huge plus since I do most of the basic plugs and hand tool required work on the car).

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Hi Mike, I've heard about you but I don't believe we've ever spoken.

I'm sorry you've come up with such a negative opinion. I know you are local, I would love to meet you in person and talk cars. PM me.

Whipple makes a great product too. I'm sure you'll choose whatever is best for you.

good job reaching out justin. hey mike vmp has some new products coming out soon that is top secret that's suppose to be badass so you might change your mind....:banana:

nycarpenter

Established Member
Everyone has an opinion on tuners,blowers,tires etc. A dyno or a 1/4 can not prove everything. All drivers and dynos are not created equal. The roots style blowers seem to deliver more TQ for sure. I will try a VMP TVS on my next Cobra and chime in when I have first hand seat of the pants results. As for bashing I will not go down this road as it gets you bye bye....

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
I've not talked to Justin yet, but I plan to come a vmp dealer as money is tight at the moment, I've never ran a vmp blower but I've seen his wife's car in person at mustang week and if I recall it was running some very impressive numbers, I currently run a 2.9 whipple crusher but for a 2.3 tvs it's impressive I'll. know more once one is in my hands

bad93svt

Established Member

Hope your not referring to me as a follower......

also, there are people who try stuff & internet lurkers....

If you have a problem or need to say something....please call... don't bash my youtube video or try to insult my intelligence on a public forum....

thank you,

asierra1

Established Member
Got some numbers the other day, and I hope this post can sway the non believers.

2.3 tvs 3.2/4lb @19 psi, mac headers, off road x, bassani cb put Down 612/555 with a very safe 16* of timing and 11.5afr. It has a lot left in it. With 19* it put down 630/570, but I wanted a safer tune for pump gas. E85 numbers will be posted up in a few weeks. Oh and it hit peak tq at 3350 rpm.

Hope this helps anyone questioning the blower

Users who are viewing this thread