Whiteline MT 82 Trans Mount

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Now available.

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/kdt928.html

PRODUCT BENEFITS
Low compliance synthetic elastomer heavy duty gearbox mounts increase positive shift feel through reduction in compliance of the mounting bushings.

Stiffens Shifts.

tn_KDT928.jpg

tn_KDT928-3.jpg

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When you say stiffer shifts, what does that entail. I already have the aftermarket motor mounts. are you saying the improvements are like what upgraded motor mounts do for shifting?

Last edited:

WHITELINE

Established Member
blackbeast12,
The philosophy is similar to that of motor mounts. You see the stock S197 TR3650/MT-82 transmission is mounted on a transmission mount bushing. That bushing has heavy voids in it. During hard cornering, drivers are complaining of poor shift engagement. This is because the shifter is bolted on remotely to the unibody transmission tunnel. During lateral loads (cornering) the transmission moves/binds resulting in a misalignment in the shift mechanism.

Drivers have resorted to transmission swaps to Viper T56 6-speeds or other popular transmissions or many drivers simply get into gear before or after they get into the corners. If you don't drive your car aggressively enough to notice this problem, this bushing insert won't do much for you. Due to the nature of this item - there WILL be some increase in NVH. Personally I think feeling the engine spin is pretty awesome but its still worth informing you about.

0608mmfp_04z%2Bd%26d_swap_kit%2Bshifter_arrangement.jpg

Laloosh

Established Member
That's a pretty neat shot of the transmission. For 35 bucks its a no brainer. How is the install on this?

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
So this is only for corners? This would be deemed useless on drag only cars? Also I am mad that I missed the sig also. lol

fwd2rwd

Established Member
why is shipping so overprice on this item, it will fit with more th an enough room to pad properly in a small flat rate and ship anywhere in the us for like $5 bucks.. but $13 for this damn...

WHITELINE

Established Member
So this is only for corners? This would be deemed useless on drag only cars? Also I am mad that I missed the sig also. lol

The theory should still apply for aggressive straight line shifting on higher HP vehicles. Again, if you're experience difficulty getting clean shifts this item is worth looking into. For those that experience the issues above, this item should take you 85% of the way there at a fraction of the cost.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I look at it this way anything I can do to make my shifts better and more consistant without going auto or t56 is worth it to me. I currently have helper spring removed,mgw,clutch line, gto reservoir, dot4 fluid, poly motor mounts, and mcloed rxt clutch in box awaiting stock clutch to crap out.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
why is shipping so overprice on this item, it will fit with more th an enough room to pad properly in a small flat rate and ship anywhere in the us for like $5 bucks.. but $13 for this damn...

Small orders we charge $12 on to ship, if you add items to your cart, we do get to free shipping.

We don't go to the post office, we ship everything UPS.

We pay shipping to get the item to us, then we pay for packaging, and shipping to get the item to you.

On an item that retails for $34. It isn't like there is a $20 markup. You make $5 or $6. The time and effort to process the orders, package it up, invoice, it ship it out. Etc...

Paypal and the cc companies get their cut of a $1 or so. If you order it online, most store servers get their $1.

It's a lot of work to make $3 or $4.

Users who are viewing this thread