Whiteline MT 82 Trans Mount

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I've had mine in for about a week :D So far I do like it. Trans is way more stable and I could instantly notice a difference when putting it into gear. Did a couple 1-2-3-4 wot shifts and no issues thus far. Very little nvh change but I can only tell with the radio off.

Would reccomend to anyone with the 2-3 issues. I used to actually worry about hitting 3rd, not so much anymore :beer:

KonaFifty

Established Member
anyone order one on or after the 26 of last month and received theirs already from beefcake?

Ratchet

Established Member
I got one from Beefcake and one from BBR today. Puttin them in our cars tomorrow then one of the cars is heading to the track right after. My buddies car has had issues with the 2-3 shift. Mine has been ok since the trans rebuild, but this 40$ part was a no brainer...

KonaFifty

Established Member
I got one from Beefcake and one from BBR today. Puttin them in our cars tomorrow then one of the cars is heading to the track right after. My buddies car has had issues with the 2-3 shift. Mine has been ok since the trans rebuild, but this 40$ part was a no brainer...

i know, i ordered one on the 26th...seems like most people are getting their mounts in and not me...

5lho

Established Member
I ordered on the 26th of August....still waiting. Got bitched at b/c I felt that a company (Whiteline) that had been hyping a product for several months ought to have had sufficient inventory to meet projected demand. How're people feeling now that nearly a month has passed and some people are still not served?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would hate to be waiting for the mount after all the hype. Especially when people are posting that the mount does not work.

5lho

Established Member
It's straight up shitty business practice. They kept customers waiting by announcing a product they hadn't finished development on and then, failed to produce sufficient inventory for the obvious pent-up demand from their own slow development.

These arguments that "Whiteline's a small company" and "You can't predict demand" are bullshit. It's the cost of doing business that you accept when you decide to incorporate. Either suck it up and meet your customer's expectations or gtfo.

I sure sympathise with retailers like BBR and TBR, who are just stuck in the middle of this stupidity with no way to affect change.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have 6 more coming in on Tuesday that will go out. the last shipment they only got 40 more in. They are telling me the next batch will be at least 100, but yeah,

we are stuck in the middle and it sucks. I get emails on a daily basis for order updates, and all I can say is still waiting

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I ordered one. I still sometimes get locked out of 2nd or 3rd with an aftermarket shifter, bracket and clutch line. We will see what it does, especially with nitrous going on. Hopefully it won't take too long to ship.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Installed mine and had an unbearable vibration. To the point were the passenger was like "WTF was that?". Felt like a bad u joint? Ended up cutting the lower portion off and re installing. Still a very faint vibration in 1st gear but is bearable. A bit more positive engagement. Haven't tried it at the track yet but 2nd to 3rd feels effortless.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Installed mine and had an unbearable vibration. To the point were the passenger was like "WTF was that?". Felt like a bad u joint? Ended up cutting the lower portion off and re installing. Still a very faint vibration in 1st gear but is bearable. A bit more positive engagement. Haven't tried it at the track yet but 2nd to 3rd feels effortless.

Great, more NVH. LOL.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
NVH? Drive shaft coming apart? What's the difference rite? Lol NVH is only thing. Vibrating the mirrors and my b@!!s like I have 2 12's in the trunk is another thing lol. I'm going to stuff the lower portion I cut off back in once I install this adj upper ca and fool with my pinion angle some

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Does anyone who has the mount know if this also solves the problem of when you get on it and you then come to a stop and almost have to force it out of gear? I'm pretty certain this is another remote shifter issue as well!

Ratchet

Established Member
I don't know where all the NVH problems are coming from?!? Both my buddy and i haven't noticed any extra vibration or noise with the trans insert... :shrug:

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Different set ups have different harmonic resonances the rubber mount absorbs most of them. when you change or alter the rubber, what was already there gets amplified. And without the rubber these cars have vibration. A stock mustang most likely wont have much vibration. modified cars with poly everything will resonate ...the more poly the less rubber the more vibration! This insert creates a solid mount so expect some vibration!

kingnut

Established Member
Different set ups have different harmonic resonances the rubber mount absorbs most of them. when you change or alter the rubber, what was already there gets amplified. And without the rubber these cars have vibration. A stock mustang most likely wont have much vibration. modified cars with poly everything will resonate ...the more poly the less rubber the more vibration! This insert creates a solid mount so expect some vibration!

I think everyone understands the physics of going solid over factory rubber hollow mounts. But it doesnt mean that they should expect for the fillings in their teeth to fall out. Everyone should include their mod list so we can pinpoint why some are having major vibration issues.

Ratchet

Established Member

Exactly my point. I have a BMR upper CA and solid billet lower CA's. My buddy has a UPR upper and adjustable lower on spherical bushings. Both cars are lowered a lot and have 3.73 gears. No extra vibration in either car, no actual vibration at all, just the harmonic gear whine around 60-65 MPH. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread