Yamaha R1 killed.

shipwreck

Driving Big Boats
Established Member
I've owned a similar modified 03 Cobra, and it ran with gixxer 750's, and usually beat 600s. I would get beat pretty handily by 1000s.

I've owned a 2007 GSX-R and raced a few KB/Whipple cobras, I didnt have a problem walking them. Also, I dont believe I had the riding ability to ride that 1000 at its full potential.

My GTR now should be 138-140mph car on pump gas, and I still think I would lose to a properly driven 1000.

Pic of my old bike, miss her.
CIMG1081.jpg

D.T.R

Established Member
I've owned a similar modified 03 Cobra, and it ran with gixxer 750's, and usually beat 600s. I would get beat pretty handily by 1000s.

I've owned a 2007 GSX-R and raced a few KB/Whipple cobras, I didnt have a problem walking them. Also, I dont believe I had the riding ability to ride that 1000 at its full potential.

My GTR now should be 138-140mph car on pump gas, and I still think I would lose to a properly driven 1000.

Pic of my old bike, miss her.
CIMG1081.jpg

exactly.
again, judging by how easily he beat that bike... it must have been a 600cc

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
sounds like we will have a run in the coming weeks. I'll try to make sure I have someone there to run a video camera. for us if no one volunteers. we will do a few roll runs, we will try one from 20, but I would venture to say he will smoke ass and I will smoke tires. but a 40 is a pretty happy medium I think.

D.T.R

Established Member
sounds like we will have a run in the coming weeks. I'll try to make sure I have someone there to run a video camera. for us if no one volunteers. we will do a few roll runs, we will try one from 20, but I would venture to say he will smoke ass and I will smoke tires. but a 40 is a pretty happy medium I think.

Even if you had 100% perfect traction from a 20... the bike's gearing is nuts and pulls so hard.. it will put a hurting still... but just try it for shiggles :rockon:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
My R1 has 170 rwhp and I walked away from a kb Cobra and a 750rwhp supra last summer and I'm an average rider. It must have been a bad rider or a broken bike O.P..

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
It was definitely rider error. I ran a Viper on the highway in my 09 Gixxer 750 and I totally botched it. I clicked down 2 gears before I took off. We were even until I approached my power band when I started to pull away. I should have clicked down 3 or 4 gears and instantly been in the power band. And I had been riding for several years :loser:

Last edited:

Drazga

Established Member
My old setup made a little over 700 pump gas, conservative timing, 20psi, dead rich, no spray.

I ran my buddies 06 R1 (pipe, power commander, stacker) and my buddies 10' ZX10 (pipe, ecu) from a 60ish roll (I took the jump on them) and they had me by a few feet all the way to 140ish when the tide started to change.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Yes, either a R6 with a good rider or an R1 with a bad rider. hahah :rolling:

It's gonna take a 130+ car to stay next to a modern 600 with a good rider from a 40 roll like the OP mentioned to 120+ (I stress "good rider"). Past 130-135, the 600 will fall off hard but from 40mph in first gear, that 600 is gonna move. Trap speeds are deceptive on 600's because they go so well from a good first gear roll (around 40mph).

OP, regardless of the variables, you took the win. Nice job. That said, if your car really is a high 120's to low 130's trapping car with you driving it hard, you're gonna get demolished by a well ridden modern 1000 if you guys set that up. But it is nice to see someone not getting all defensive about the criticism. Just don't be disappointed when it goes down. :beer:

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
It's gonna take a 130+ car to stay next to a modern 600 with a good rider (I stress good rider) from a 40 roll like the OP mentioned to 120+. After 130-135, the 600 will fall off hard but from 40mph in first gear, that 600 is gonna move. Trap speeds are deceptive on 600's because they go so well from a good first gear roll (around 40mph).

OP, regardless of the variables, you took the win. Nice job. That said, if your car really is a high 120's to low 130's trapping car with you driving it hard, you're gonna get demolished by a well ridden modern 1000 if you guys set that up. But it is nice to see someone not getting all defensive about the criticism. Just don't be disappointed when it goes down. :beer:

hell, nothing to be disappointed about getting my butt handed to me by something with a huge hp to weight advantage and minimal wind resistance, and minimal rolling resistance. I'm not that kinda guy. "I just wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby

16kOrBust

Established Member
hell, nothing to be disappointed about getting my butt handed to me by something with a huge hp to weight advantage and minimal wind resistance, and minimal rolling resistance. I'm not that kinda guy. "I just wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby

Nice. That's the same attitude I have with just about everything I run. Just lookin to have some fun and see fast cars and bikes doin their thing. I couldn't care less about winning or losing. :rockon:

Out of curiosity, what dyno type and correction factor were used for your numbers? And what's the elevation at your track?

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Nice. That's the same attitude I have with just about everything I run. Just lookin to have some fun and see fast cars and bikes doin their thing. I couldn't care less about winning or losing. :rockon:

Out of curiosity, what dyno type and correction factor were used for your numbers? And what's the elevation at your track?

www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-...644-67-rwtq-3-0-upper-only-whipple-cobra.html

Herman tuned it, and used his dyno, I can't remember off the top of my head. for the record, car hasn't been touched other than putting a full stereo in it last week from when this thread was posted. nada, nuffin, zilch. I believe it's a dynojet. he broached the dyno questions then. no idea on the elevation man, I know I should care, but the track I ran at was in noble oklahoma, thunder valley raceway I believe.

224 dynojet is what herman states

Last edited:

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
I've beaten new and old 600's in a car that trapped 115. Anything can go down when the rider can't ride his bike properly. Doesn't matter how fast the car is, some how, some way; a biker ruins his bikes potential to win... no matter what kind of bike.

Good kill op!

ditto.

i have ran quite a few. Offcourse a rider knowing how to ride, correct gear, keeping the front down etc will beat most cars but a lot don't know how to ride.

I have messed with a lot of 600s and couple liters. Most stockish 600s fall on their face at 120. liters i would say go to 170 or so then fall short.

drivebymashing

Established Member
crap

is an r1 really that fast?
ive had several "sporty" cars 99 cobra 307 whp
and 01 bullitt 2005 gt and 94 vette
i almost bought an r1 as my first bike used GLAD I DIDNT i would of got killed!!!!
i bought a wr250x great first bike

Users who are viewing this thread