Yamaha R1 killed.

Mike50

Established Member
is an r1 really that fast?
YES! I think all of the Japanese liter bikes are capable of 9's in the quarter. Dollar for dollar, a 600cc rocket the cheapest way to haul ass. Liter bikes are on a whole other level. A lot of newer riders jump right on something like an R1 and end up in pieces.

When I would go out for my first ride in a long time (like first ride in Spring), I would feel sick after I got home because my body wasn't used to the forces on my body. A few times I would have to lie down and nap to get rid of vertigo.

Fun times. I decided to quit about six years ago. Ten years is a long time to survive the fun of a crotch rocket and not end up in jail.

toomanytoys

Established Member
Im all over this. I love car vs. bike races. I have a 07 Hayabusa and love destroying high dollar cars in a drag race. This should be good. Give em hell !!

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
YES! I think all of the Japanese liter bikes are capable of 9's in the quarter. Dollar for dollar, a 600cc rocket the cheapest way to haul ass. Liter bikes are on a whole other level. A lot of newer riders jump right on something like an R1 and end up in pieces.

When I would go out for my first ride in a long time (like first ride in Spring), I would feel sick after I got home because my body wasn't used to the forces on my body. A few times I would have to lie down and nap to get rid of vertigo.

Fun times. I decided to quit about six years ago. Ten years is a long time to survive the fun of a crotch rocket and not end up in jail.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone running 9s with a stock liter bike. It's certainly possible with minimal mods, but completely stock won't happen.

The only one I've actually seen break into the 9s completely stock is the BMW s1000rr.

toomanytoys

Established Member
Hard to put a stock 1000 in the 9s yes. With a 6 over swingarm its a different story...

mr-proper

Established Member
a 2007 R1 runs STOCK with a shitty driver 10.03 @ 142 mph in 1/4mile:poke:
what does your cobra run??

and a kawasaki zx-14 runs STOCK 9.7 @ 147mph

Last edited:

C Vo

Established Member
I have an 07' R1... Id like to tag along for this special event. Its been a long winter.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Nice kill OP! But like many have already said, it may not ever happen again lol! With you saying you know very little about bikes I'm going to have to agree with a few of the other guys in that you raced a newer 600. A newer 1000 would pretty much make you look silly, even an older one for that matter(I used to ride an 02 R1). It is all in fun though so thats all that matters!

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone running 9s with a stock liter bike. It's certainly possible with minimal mods, but completely stock won't happen.

The only one I've actually seen break into the 9s completely stock is the BMW s1000rr.

You havnt seen much, I've personally witnessed s bone stock 08 r1 go 9.8. And yes bone stock. Liters bike are a lot faster than people give them credit for, my 05 zx10r puts 104 on the speedo in first gear and 182 when it runs out of steam with just an exhaust and power commander .... Go ahead try to fathom that

SVTwhore

Established Member
At a 40mph roll the bike should be in first and right in the powerband. All the bikes I've owned would have been doing a power wheelie if I canned it at 40 and pulling away hard. I've had 3 different middle weight bikes (CBR F4, R6, Daytona 675) and two liter bikes (TL1000R, Speed Triple 1050).

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Not a big fan of the R1. Great for willing because of the mid range. Has for the Honda, I'll go with the car. I think no manufacture makes a slower bike. I have a friend with a 08 cbr and he can ride. Raped him many times in the Shelby and the Z. A lot depends on riders, not everyone can ride. Big difference from racing on paper and actuality. Trap speeds from a book or professional riders change in the hands of real people.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Not a big fan of the R1. Great for willing because of the mid range. Has for the Honda, I'll go with the car. I think no manufacture makes a slower bike. I have a friend with a 08 cbr and he can ride. Raped him many times in the Shelby and the Z. A lot depends on riders, not everyone can ride. Big difference from racing on paper and actuality. Trap speeds from a book or professional riders change in the hands of real people.

Would you like to put some money on that?

D.T.R

Established Member
I think there is a lil bit of Cobra
nutswing.gif
in here :D

16kOrBust

Established Member
Definitely pumped to see this go down. Hoping beyond hope that the bike rider can actually ride. And track days aren't what I'm talkin about! :D I know plenty of guys that have been doing track days and even amateur series racing for 10-20 years and most of them would be lucky to crack a low 11-second pass on my bike. I always laugh when people think straight line acceleration on a bike is just whacking the throttle and clicking gears, especially on a modern liter bike.

Good luck, man!

Last edited:

Ukfox89

Established Member
650+rwhp cobra would beat a 600cc bike but a 1000cc is another story. I have a friend with an old cbr 900rr with the 953 I think it is motor. That thing is nuts fast. Once I get my car finished I'll be running him just to see how it fairs. He's also a very good rider, I'm sure he will beat my ass bad but it's fun just to gauge and see how the car does. Btw my car has a 2.8 kennebell on low boost not finished yet. Dyno soon

shipwreck

Driving Big Boats
Established Member
Have you ever ridden a modern 600? They are no joke.. A 650 rwhp 6 speed cobra would have a hard time with one with a good light rider.

It depends on what speed you race to. The higher the speeds 130, 140, 150+ the 600 will start falling back.

Users who are viewing this thread