Yamaha R1 killed.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You havnt seen much, I've personally witnessed s bone stock 08 r1 go 9.8. And yes bone stock. Liters bike are a lot faster than people give them credit for, my 05 zx10r puts 104 on the speedo in first gear and 182 when it runs out of steam with just an exhaust and power commander .... Go ahead try to fathom that

I'm pretty sure I can fathom that...
Hayabusa001.jpg

Like I said, I have yet to see any other liter bikes break into the 9s completely stock besides the BMW.

Ukfox89

Established Member
im talking about on a 600cc bike pass 100 or 110 they start to fall off and you can normally start reeling them in. i know the modern 600cc bikes are no joke, specially with in the past few years they have really uped the standard. no doubt i pay my respects to a bike no matter what size, but that doesnt mean they are unbeatable.

D.T.R

Established Member
My baik (nothing special, both are just some cute lil zx6Rs lol)
Red1.jpg

and le wifey'z baik

Green2.jpg

D.T.R

Established Member
I love how those handle for being a 1000cc bike...
This year I think i'm going to move up to a 1000cc bike and it's a tie between that or a 2009+ zx10r

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
God I hate the front end on the CBR1000s now. It's like it got hit in the face with a shovel and pushed it's nose in.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
The front of the cbr is fugly now but the rest is sexy. Kawis zx10 has been the sexiest imo since 04, minus 06-07, they looked like shit

16kOrBust

Established Member
OP, do you run a separate tune / gas on the street vs when you had it dynoed? I saw you made 66X and 68X on two different setups when you had it on the dyno, but is the lesser how you run it on the street or is your street setup different than both of those? Also, which setup did you use when you ran it at the track?

RedLiner

Established Member
Wish I was down south to join in on the fun with you guys! I have yet to race a respectable car with my new bike. I've raced plenty of cars with my previous bikes (09cbr1000rr and 08 cbr600rr), but neither of those bikes come close to performance or any other aspect that the BMW does. I'd like to find some locals around here to get in a few roll races with this spring/summer.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
same setup I run on the street. I've never tried the smaller pulley, it doesn't like the E10 shit everyone sells around here I don't think. numbers because of the E10 are likely slightly diminished, but I'll find some 100% gas around before doing this race for the safety of the motor more than anything.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Like I said, I have yet to see any other liter bikes break into the 9s completely stock besides the BMW.

The 08 and up cbr has done it as well as the 08 and up zx10 and the 07 and gsxr 1000. The gixxer and zx10r did it in the same test and the zx trapped 150.xx and the big Suzuki trapped 149.xx. Dig a little you can find the test.
GORGEOUS Busa btw..

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Stock 08 GSXR .. guys first time at a drag strip. This belongs to a buddy in town and he is far from a professional rider. We were also at Cordova in the shitty midwest... an east coast track like Atco and he would have had himself some better air and a sea level track. (This pass was @ 846 DA)

Photo%20Jan%2008%2C%207%2037%2027%20PM.jpg

Last edited:

ChiefP

03 Vert
Established Member
Looking forward to seeing the results too. You guys should try a few different runs, 20/40/60, dig. I've thought about running my old warrior against my car and Jeep....but I don't know how I'd feel about the results. lol. Anyway.....play SAFE.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
The 08 and up cbr has done it as well as the 08 and up zx10 and the 07 and gsxr 1000. The gixxer and zx10r did it in the same test and the zx trapped 150.xx and the big Suzuki trapped 149.xx. Dig a little you can find the test.
GORGEOUS Busa btw..

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying I've never actually seen it. In perfect conditions with an excellent rider, I wouldn't be surprised.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
from a dig I am going to be destroyed. little traction through second. with a good surface second still slips, a 20 is going to be ugly for me I'd imagine, 40 and 60 will be a much closer race.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
from a dig I am going to be destroyed. little traction through second. with a good surface second still slips, a 20 is going to be ugly for me I'd imagine, 40 and 60 will be a much closer race.

Any chance that you'll be at TX2k12 this year? Id be up for a friendly run either from a dig or a roll. Ill be making the journey down there and bringing my R1 with me with a few gopros. I'm an average rider that weighs 155.

Users who are viewing this thread