Yamaha R1 killed.

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
I could be wrong, but that looks like a GSXR :shrug:

What color is your Cobra. When I sold mine in 06, a guy in Dallas bought it sight unseen when I lived in Minneapolis. I am now in Dallas. I havent posted on this site since 06 til this week...It was Red.

Nevermind....I see your vid

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Would you like to put some money on that?

What part of that. Against the Z would have no problem putting money on that. Shelby I'll give it a go, just not as much. Being the slowest of the liter bikes, you already know that. This isn't AMA racing.

Driver500

Established Member
Nothing better than the look you get after a race with a bike when the guy was sure he was about to dust some cocky mustang driver.

Last edited:

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWsmqZ5idb8&feature=related"]585hp 2003 Whipple Mustang Cobra Vs. 2006 Gsxr 600 Awesome Race! - YouTube[/nomedia]

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Gotta give credit the guy on the bike was riding. Only hit the rev one but was defintely a good shifter and had the form down. Good runs.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
I actually totally believe this race. All it would have taken is for the bike rider to select the wrong gear for the initial hit and it would have been over for him. Also, the comment about the bike sounding bad ass pretty much confirms that is was an R1, not a 6. They are hands down the most incredible sounding machines, right next to a duc of course, and are hard to be mistaken.

That is a damn good kill OP! I wish there was someone around here that could give a race like that.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
your dad's 793hp Lightning truck keeps up with a Busa...? is that a joke?

Sure did. dont have a vid :shrug: so It dont matter. the guy motioned me over to stop at the lil cricket and we talked for like over an hour. Great guy said it was the fastest truck he'd ever seen. The truck runs 10.3 in the quarter so I know we were really close to start with.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
^^^ Believable. For some odd reason the majority of the Busa guys can't ride. Sort of like the older guys in Z don't really race. Most of the guys that I see on Busas are just out to say I have one and want the respect. At the track last year for a street meet.

Was a Busa shootout and most of the bikes were in the 10.00s to 10.70 area. This was with pipes, gearing, power commanders, and swing arms. About 120 bikes out there. Ony 8 Busas were in the 9.50 - 9.20 area. I run 9.20s-30s. Believe it or not you get better races out of the smaller bikes than the larger ones. The guys with the smaller bikes are riding them like they stole it. Getting every bit they can out of them. The guys with larger bikes are scared of them and some just want the respect that goes with the name. Just last week a CBR1000 was repeatedly raping a ZX14 on roll ons. This is the same 1000 that I beat with my car.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
my friend Steve traps 140-144mph with his lightly modded R1. he has 155rwhp. my new build SHOULD pull him at the track on low boost, but that's iffy.

i never raced him with 500rwhp/2900lbs, but i imagine him disappearing in front of me.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
well, bad news folks. I wish it was just a sad joke. popped my motor this weekend. saturday was coming home on my rural road and decided to play a little, went deep into fourth on a new tank of gas, and all the sudden there was nothing but a cloud of smoke and oil everywhere, even under the spark plug holes. dropped the motor out yesterday, no clues yet as to what went wrong, passenger rear spark plug was mangled, no noise when it went, and the motor didn't lock up (about 1/2 a mile from home, limped it at 50...didn't sound normal. I'll know more this weekend when I tear the motor down.) race postponed. still want to do it, might be a slightly upgraded motor if ok with my co-hort. but nothing radical. still wiping my tears.

D.T.R

Established Member
Sure did. dont have a vid :shrug: so It dont matter. the guy motioned me over to stop at the lil cricket and we talked for like over an hour. Great guy said it was the fastest truck he'd ever seen. The truck runs 10.3 in the quarter so I know we were really close to start with.

I'd love to see that run. However, I know of a certain 1000whp+ supra locally that struggled to beat a bolt-on Buza from 60 and 80 rolls... that's why i'm sort of in disbelieve

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
That's gotta suck. Hope you get it back together the way you want. Don't worry about them, build what you want and just tell them to Ride Hard Or Go Home. They have the weight advantage might has well make sure you have the HP advantage covered.

10secvette

Established Member
I kill my buddies 2009 R1 all the time from a roll. From a dig is a bit different story. They are not as fast as everyone thinks. And yes, my buddy can ride.

To the OP, good kill, screw all the internet experts. :sleeping:

dutchrower16

Established Member
I have an 08 R1 Raven with exhaust, and tuned. Let's just say I would flat out destroy your car! Hell, most any car unless it's pushing very HIGH HP. So, that rider must be a newbe on his first bike.

10secvette

Established Member
I have an 08 R1 Raven with exhaust, and tuned. Let's just say I would flat out destroy your car! Hell, most any car unless it's pushing very HIGH HP. So, that rider must be a newbe on his first bike.

I'm curious, whats the highest HP car you have roll raced with your R1?

Users who are viewing this thread