Z06 is a 11.70 car best case scenario.

The Z06 can run a 11.70 all day, who can run an 11.50 all day and how? Pick an opt.

• 11.50 or better with a STOCK NONported Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 58 30.5%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 15 or less psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 16 or more psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 15 or less psi

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 16 or more psi

Votes: 19 10.0%
  • 11.5 or better with a StocK Eaton and NO2

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton and NO2

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple and NO2

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB and NO2

Votes: 19 10.0%

• Total voters

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I'll step up.
My car will be sitting on 275/40-17 DR's.
I'm not looking for 150 mph blasts down the LIE or Southern State, but if you're up for Atco or Etown we might be able to lock something in.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Robz said:
Snorman, we will have a few rentals at atco in sept/Oct/Novemb. My buddy from Maryland will come up and you can see him run in person if you care to and join the rental as well. He only runs bone stock with stock tires and stock with drag radials. He has already run 11.21 stock on drag radials in good air.
Shoot me a PM if you have any rental slots open.
I just did a rental at Atco yesterday (ran my Buick and TTA), but missed out on one on Weds because I was getting the Buick ready for yesterday.
We usually do another in October/November also.
And yes...Ranger is the only owner out there that I'm aware of who has put up a 127mph bone stock trap speed in a C6 Z06. Fast track, good air, great driver.
S.

Robz

Established Member
Snorman said:
Shoot me a PM if you have any rental slots open.
I just did a rental at Atco yesterday (ran my Buick and TTA), but missed out on one on Weds because I was getting the Buick ready for yesterday.
We usually do another in October/November also.
And yes...Ranger is the only owner out there that I'm aware of who has put up a 127mph bone stock trap speed in a C6 Z06. Fast track, good air, great driver.
S.
Sure. I need to get some seat time. I'll probably f'around at the cc for the summer and try and run for some numbers in the fall. Don't get enough time to enjoy these cars on the street. I'm sure we'll be in contact because we get so many people backing out of rentals. And yes, John will probably be the only bone stock zo6 to trap over 127. I think 125+ is a more realistic goal for bone stock Z's with good drivers.

Patisi

Established Member
Snorman said:
I'll step up.
My car will be sitting on 275/40-17 DR's.
I'm not looking for 150 mph blasts down the LIE or Southern State, but if you're up for Atco or Etown we might be able to lock something in.
S.

I hear you Snorman, it looks like you are rather far away, so saying you accept the challenge but you are not willing to make the trek up there to meet him, makes it difficult for there to be a race. That is why I am hoping that someone in his area will step up to the plate. I know we have Snake owners on this board in the LI area but they all seem to be quiet for their own reasons. Again it seems to me when people thow down a challenge, we all seem to disappear in the wood work, where are all the LI Snakes on this board? APB - There is an '06 Z06 that is calling them out!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Patisi said:
I hear you Snorman, it looks like you are rather far away, so saying you accept the challenge but you are not willing to make the trek up there to meet him, makes it difficult for there to be a race
You call out a car, you make a trip. And LI isn't far from E-town or Atco. In fact, most of the LI guys race at Island, Etown or Atco.
S.

phantasms

Established Member
Snorman said:
You call out a car, you make a trip. And LI isn't far from E-town or Atco. In fact, most of the LI guys race at Island, Etown or Atco.
S.

If we're racing at the track there's no sense in going together. You run the quarter when you can..and I will when I can. We can compare DA's to see the air. I go to the track about once a season Wish I could go to more rentals. I'm on stock F1's so on DR's you'll beat me out of the hole no doubt. A second gear roll would be a better indicator of car ability instead of driver ability/tires.

FYI...I beat my second Ford GT today. And this time there's lots of footage. I'll try and get it done by the end of this coming week.

:beer:

Last edited:

Patisi

Established Member
Snorman said:
S.

OK. If you say so, I don't know the area. You guys come to an agreement and let us know the results. Since you seem to be close and are both aware of the need to race let us know when it happens and the results. No more jousting. I'd like to put this Z06 Cobra thing to rest once and for all.

phantasms

Established Member
I wasn't caling out anyone. I was looking to be called out. I'm not going to drive to NJ to race anyone. That's why I asked if anyone was on LI. Nice to see you manned up though Snorman. :)

Considering I beat up on the Cobra's bigger brother this thing should be cleared up. I said I could take a 550rwhp cobra. The ford GT has like 530 at the wheels and weighs less. Here's a quote from the driver of the Ford GT.

"To get the thread back on track gene and I compared cars in a parking lot and the Z06 did in fact win each time. Gene self admittedly does have 30 rwhp over stock, but I don't think that erasing that would give the GT the advantage. Gene has about 2-3 car lengths on me through 3 gears. The new Z is one hell of a fast car for the $. I prefer the looks of the GT and my opinion on it being one of the best cars I've driven from the factory still stands.

GT Rocks - Z06 Rocks

Good day everyone.

-Rob"

My point of posting here in the first place was to show that many that voted in the poll were full of shit. I don't know what kind of power the poll options put out. But a Steig 3 Eaton pully puttign out 550rwhp? I'm sure the ones towards the bottom could beat me. But 26 people that think just a pully could take me = ignorant.

The Cobra is a fantastic vehicle. But a grand in work and don't think you're going to be pulling C6Z06's on the highway.

That said. I'm still willing to prove it will take more than 550rwhp for a Cobra to take me...on LI.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I've got more than 550rwhp. Quite a bit more.
Would be a good race, but as with your Z06, most of the gears are gone in a few seconds and "arrested-and-taken-into-custody-speeds" are reached pretty quickly.
Also, I'm not looking to put the car out on the street through the upper ends of 4th and 5th gear...which is well over 130mph.
If you head to Etown or Atco with the SVT Snake guys...let me know.
And FYI...I went 11.0@128mph about 60rwhp ago. I suspect I have a broken clutch disc, and didn't race the car at my rental on Friday.
S.

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

C6 Z06 said:
My best trap yet was with headers and DR's, but the clutch was sticking to the floor and it still ran 129.91 mph. The car now has a tune and when a new stage 4 clutch is installed it should trap 132 to 135 mph. Heads and cam after that!! :beer:

I have to call BS on this post. 3300 pounds including driver trapping 129 is over 550 rwhp. Are you telling me a stock Z06 with just headers is making over 550 rwhp? To trap 132 at 3300 pounds you would have to be close to 600 rwhp. No friggin way even with a tune. If you trapped 129 you were on the bottle. Plus, unless you are Barney Fife I would think you would be closer to 3400 pounds race weight.

Aint no damned way.

Silver 03 Cobra

CobraBob said:
And that is a big factor. I expect the Z06 to get ragged on by a lot of Stang owners but it's in a class of its own IMO. And I love the Terminator. Always will! But the new Z06 is the absolute best bang-for-the-buck on the planet IMO. Being THE king of the road out of the showroom, it will be challenged verbally more than it will on the street. If I could afford to buy one, that is the car I'd want. Gorgeous, too!

I think a car that is more affordable to the middle class buyer would be a better bang for the buck and that is the 03/04 Cobra. As far as looks it's everyones own opinion. To me it is one of the worst looking vettes yet. I saw a white and a yellow the other day and with the headlights painted to match the body they looked like ass. I read the other day in C&D a C6 owner complaing the viper copied the C6. What a dumb ass. The last Viper change was out way ahead of the C6. I would heap rather by a built 427 and stuff it into a C5, maybe the best looking vette made.

As far as a vette in a class on it's own, it's funny to me I hear more vette owners bringing that BS up more than any Cobra owner. I read more posts by irritated C5 Z06 owners crying about 03 Cobra owners laughing at how much Z owners paid and now they are doing the same with the Ford GT. Two things are for sure, there would be quite a few 03/04 Cobra owners that would have bought a C5 Z06 if they could have afforded one, but a few like me would never owner a vette period and I owned a brand new 92 LT1 when they came out and I could afford a new Z if I wanted one. But, I'd bet a very high percentage of C6 Z06 owners would take a Ford GT over the C6 if they could afford one. That said, this will be the first Cobra I haven't bought in three model years, owning 99, 01 and 03 Cobras. I know now I would rather build my own car after modding the hell out of the 03. I'm building a lower intake for a 383 stroker with billet aluminum runners and sheet metal box so I can bolt a 2.4 KB on it with an IC with the best flowing heads I can find. When I get that finished hopefully I can find a V6 SN197 body I can strip to the sheet metal and build it back up with the 383 and should have a 800 rwhp fake Cobra with mondo torque.

C6 Z06

Established Member
Just for you Silver03snake! No reason to lie, it is what it is. Some people seem to hate cars if they are faster then theirs. I don't care what it is, or what it cost, thumbs up if it's faster then me. No NOS either, and never will. Heads and cam.......................probally soon.
dsc006063ce.jpg

Also, trust me when I say that I could afford a Ford GT if I wish. I bought two 06 vettes and an 06 Ford F-150 Harley in the last few months because that's what I wanted. I guess I should post that too!
dsc006042pl.jpg

dsc005914mo.jpg

trackpicz28jm.jpg

If you like, talk to Snorman. He took the time to check me out and knows I don't bull. Nothing to gain. By the way, hows it going Snorman. It seems like you were off the site for a week or two, or is it just me? Later............... :beer:

C6 Z06

Established Member
Sorry Silver03snake, I forgot to say nice ride with great #'s you have there. I would love to see it run. :beer:

Patisi

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
As far as a vette in a class on it's own, it's funny to me I hear more vette owners bringing that BS up more than any Cobra owner. I read more posts by irritated C5 Z06 owners crying about 03 Cobra owners laughing at how much Z owners paid and now they are doing the same with the Ford GT. Two things are for sure, there would be quite a few 03/04 Cobra owners that would have bought a C5 Z06 if they could have afforded one, but a few like me would never owner a vette period and I owned a brand new 92 LT1 when they came out and I could afford a new Z if I wanted one. But, I'd bet a very high percentage of C6 Z06 owners would take a Ford GT over the C6 if they could afford one. That said, this will be the first Cobra I haven't bought in three model years, owning 99, 01 and 03 Cobras. I know now I would rather build my own car after modding the hell out of the 03. I'm building a lower intake for a 383 stroker with billet aluminum runners and sheet metal box so I can bolt a 2.4 KB on it with an IC with the best flowing heads I can find. When I get that finished hopefully I can find a V6 SN197 body I can strip to the sheet metal and build it back up with the 383 and should have a 800 rwhp fake Cobra with mondo torque.

I am not sure what your point is. Here is the point. The C6 Z06 is one bad (very fast) ride. The GT is also a bad ride, on paper becuase I have never seen one at the track. Dont know if you have. Noe neither car is cheap, but the GT is far more expensive. Right now, overall, I think the edge goes to the C6 Z06 over the GT. Now, here is the kicker, if and when the Shelby GT 500 comes out and we will be able to tell in short order how well the 5.4 S/C Motor responds to mods. If it is anything like the 4.6 S/C motor and they keep the price reasonable, then I can see the GT500 giving the C6 Z06 a run for its money. Till that happens, and if it happens, the C6 Z06 is the new King all be it is not Cheap!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Patisi said:
Now, here is the kicker, if and when the Shelby GT 500 comes out and we will be able to tell in short order how well the 5.4 S/C Motor responds to mods.

Perhaps you should visit the Ford GT Forum and see how a very well known aftermarket turbo provider in the viper market got a 100rwhp increase on a 6 PSI pulley swap and tune only. Thats over 16 rwhp increase per pound of boost. Most 4.6L 03/04 cobra motors are lucky to see 13 rwhp increase per pound of boost. Leave your doubts at the door.

No need to wait for the GT 500...and I'm sure you saw the turbo GT that did 832 rwhp at 18 PSI and 1015rwhp at 22 PSI?

Patisi said:
Till that happens, and if it happens

It's already happening. Kenne Bell offers a -canned- tune advertising a 40 hp and 50 tq increase on their website. Another guy picked up over 35 rwhp just tuning at the MAF months ago.

patisi said:
the C6 Z06 is the new King

King of what?

Silver 03 Cobra

C6 Z06 said:
Just for you Silver03snake! No reason to lie, it is what it is. Some people seem to hate cars if they are faster then theirs. I don't care what it is, or what it cost, thumbs up if it's faster then me. No NOS either, and never will. Heads and cam.......................probally soon.

Um, it aint just me sayin it. The laws of physics say it's not happening. I'll say again, a 3300 pound car trapping 129 is at 550 rwhp. The only car I ever seen close to your type of speeds with a poor 60 foot, and average ET was a asupra making over 600 rwhp.

And just saying a white or yellow C6 looks like ass makes me a hater. Get real. You may be willing to pay $60-80k for a car making decent power but I'm more willing to build my own for less money and a lot more performance.

Silver 03 Cobra

Patisi said:
I am not sure what your point is. Here is the point. The C6 Z06 is one bad (very fast) ride. The GT is also a bad ride, on paper becuase I have never seen one at the track. Dont know if you have. Noe neither car is cheap, but the GT is far more expensive. Right now, overall, I think the edge goes to the C6 Z06 over the GT. Now, here is the kicker, if and when the Shelby GT 500 comes out and we will be able to tell in short order how well the 5.4 S/C Motor responds to mods. If it is anything like the 4.6 S/C motor and they keep the price reasonable, then I can see the GT500 giving the C6 Z06 a run for its money. Till that happens, and if it happens, the C6 Z06 is the new King all be it is not Cheap!

I'm not sure what your point is and here is my point?

Bwahahahahaha. WTF. I think I spelled it out quite well but let me try again. C5 Z owners couldn't stand it when an 03/04 Cobra owner said I got all this performance for a lot less than you paid for your Z. Now you have Z owners saying the same thing about the GT and the Viper. And no, the Z06 is not king of the hill. How many people can truely afford a $60k plus car? It may be in your book but not mine. Then you turn around and say the SHelby may give the Z a run for it's money? Give me a break. It will straight line but it won't on a road course whick leads to something almost every Z owner throws up but 99.99% have never been on a road course. Small consolation when a Cobra sucks the paint off your Z when they go by. I don't street race but I've watched a buddy of mine rape several Z' and Vipers and when I finally catch up and pass them by I see this look on their face. Multiple choise for ya:

A. They look like wtf WTF just happened to my Z/Viper by that stang.

B. "Oh no, here comes another one".

C. "Well, I got him on a road course. Maybe I'll get on a road course some day but I'm so scared I may scratch it."

Most of the times it's A and B.

:pop:

B.

Last edited by a moderator:

phantasms

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
Um, it aint just me sayin it. The laws of physics say it's not happening. I'll say again, a 3300 pound car trapping 129 is at 550 rwhp. The only car I ever seen close to your type of speeds with a poor 60 foot, and average ET was a asupra making over 600 rwhp.

And just saying a white or yellow C6 looks like ass makes me a hater. Get real. You may be willing to pay $60-80k for a car making decent power but I'm more willing to build my own for less money and a lot more performance.

you're obviously wrong.

we all know his mods. and we see the timeslip.

bone stock (~460rwhp best case) it can trap at 127....does that fit into your calculator?

i'm sure his rather mild mods can pull another 3 mph out of the quarter.

We have you guessing with your special 1/4 calculator ~vs~ someone that knows what mods he has, what power he's putting down, and what he ran at the quarter.

He's not full of it....get over it.

I've got 490 at the wheels and I bet you I could come damn close to 129.

:bash:

Robz

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
Um, it aint just me sayin it. The laws of physics say it's not happening. I'll say again, a 3300 pound car trapping 129 is at 550 rwhp.
Keep in mind that all cars are different and have different aerodynamics, etc.
A car may dyno 470 rwhp but in great air may produce more at the track that day. Vettes tend to run quick et's and high mph with alot less hp than other cars. (light and areo,etc.) I have seen a 470rwhp vette trap 130+ (na).

C6 Z06

Established Member
God, it sure felt real to me! I'm just standing here, time slips in my hand, looking at my C6 Z, and waiting for the big "POOF" when it all just disappears and I wake up. No wait, I just kicked myself and I'm awake.........................thank god, it must be real and it did happen! Boy I feel better!! :bash: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread