Z06 is a 11.70 car best case scenario.

The Z06 can run a 11.70 all day, who can run an 11.50 all day and how? Pick an opt.

• 11.50 or better with a STOCK NONported Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 36 18.9%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton pullied anyway.

Votes: 58 30.5%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 15 or less psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple 16 or more psi

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 15 or less psi

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB 16 or more psi

Votes: 19 10.0%
  • 11.5 or better with a StocK Eaton and NO2

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Steig 3 Eaton and NO2

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • 11.50 or better with a Whipple and NO2

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • 11.50 or better with a KB and NO2

Votes: 19 10.0%

• Total voters

Robz

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
11.46@119 with no port, full weight, stock irs, stock clutch, no lower, no nitrous..(463 rwhp)

11.19@127 with ported blower, full weight, stock irs, stock clutch, no lower, no nitrous..(only mods are in sig) so... BRING IT ON Z06 im soooo scared :rolleyes:
were these runs made on stick tires? bfg's what were your 60" times.

Robz

Established Member
SmokenGRA03 said:
Ok I like to C6 Z06...But heres a question....If I ran a 11.7 @ 124.9 on Nittos 315/35/17 what HP/TQ does my Cobra need to run this? Also what kinda HP/TQ does a C6 Z06 need to do the same?
Not sure about the stang, but a stock c6Zo6 would need a piano in the hatchback to run 11.7 @ 124 with drag radials.

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Robz said:
Not sure about the stang, but a stock c6Zo6 would need a piano in the hatchback to run 11.7 @ 124 with drag radials.
I guess its true...Vet owners are Jackasses... :fart:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
:bs: on the Cobra with 490rwhp that can trap 129 :bs:

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
I guess G-Tech and Dynojet are making fools out of people since the equations they use are the same as any speed/hp calculator. But, some dumbass street racer like you would know that throwing around that puny assed 490 HP dyno sheet. I guess when they have the weight of the drum in a Dynojet equation to calculate power from inertia or enter the weight into the G-Tech it's all BS. Quit posting your dyno sheet if it's BS.

You don't have enough aero advantage for squat below 130. Your seat-of-the-pants dyno and racing performance is based on street racing. Sure that wasn't a Mustang GT you were running. Alice this aint Wonderland. To tell ya the truth the lace on your drawers is showing though. You don't know jack shit about gearing. I've run three different gears in my 03 and I know what difference a gear will do. I do my own gear installs. You even change your own oil? How about the wiper fluid?

Then you come in here boasting about challenging someone for a street race and when someone offers to meet you at the track you start making excuses about tires. Just like some street racing punk. I can't tell you how many punks around Charlotte have challenge me and when I offer to meet at Mooresville or Rockingham they punk out. Yall are a bunch of wet dreamers. Wouldn't be you afraid to get your ass whipped is it? At least C6 Z06 is racing his. Most vette owners don't. They spend to much time jacking off on it and ploishing their knob on it. I've raced at Rockingham, Richmond, Bristol, Darlington, Mooresville, Wilkesboro, Shadyside and Farmington and I rarely see a vette on the track. Just like you. You domain is the street. The older I get the more pissed off I get at some idiot street racing especially in neighborhoods and city streets. I don't care how safe you think it is dumbass, well, what can I say to a dumbass. Your only concern is getting caught. I can asure you if you hit me, my family or anyone else on the road racing and I came along you'd need a cop.

As far as time slips. There are plenty running a dry shot and hiding it while running around with timeslips. You don't think that someone that hid a bottle would not be posting a timeslip. Give me a break. If C6 Z06 says he did it that's fine. Don't mean I have to believe it. Looking at his timeslip, 99 at the 1/8 is about right on street tires with 480 rwhp and his weight. But, from the 1/8 he picked up 30 mph. Hum? Looks like that's about where a dry shot came in. I may be wrong but at least I can talk in a mature manner with him before someone jumps on my ass with a flame thrower like you asshole. I know you don't know nothing about a calculator or anything else technical. I got one of the first 03's in the country. No. 21. I posted the first private owned dyno sheet on the net and the first thing some F-Body owners accused me of swapping pulleys. I was like C6 Z06, I acted mature about it. I sure didn't jump in and start flaming. like you did. It's even funny since one of your first posts you stated you didn't want to start flaming.

Start blowing about weight. Talk about science fiction. I heard enough BS stories about what the C5 weighed. All BS. Plus since you are so intelligernt about racing you would know 100 pounds is a tenth on a track. You aint going to sit there and tell me race weight that car is anywhere close to 3100 pounds with a driver. You are full of crap.

Your toys. Personally I'd bet you are in debt up to your eyeballs. That's just another vette owner boasting about something because he's lacking between the legs. You bought the vette for your ego and insecurity. That's why you fly all to hell when someone questions the car. To me it's an overpriced , ugly piece of shit even at sticker. I'd buy a 427 and stick it in a C5 and have a better looking car. I question the 129 and I'm called a hater,get flamed and then some pompous ass tries to talk down to me with his almighty toys. A lot of vette owners are some little insecure bitches, some dudes that can't get a piece of ass or some middle-life-criss, fat, bald headed fart. Which are you? Unless you are a lawyer or a doctor I doubt you are making more than me. I can drive a GT if I wanted one. I don't need to buy and pretend I'm more than my actual means sonny. I'll drive a Ford if the wheels are falling off it when I drive it off the lot. You ae one of those buying performance. I'm building my next car including parts I engineered and built and will be more than enought to leave your little Z puking on dust and rubber. You big dream will be to hit 600 rwhp but you'll be too chicken to put the bottle on it. I would be too with all the money I had in that piece of plastic.

Here's another multiple choise question.

In the next few months you'll:

A. Be in jail for racing.
B. Insurance finally taxes your monthly income, bye, bye vette.
C. Wrapped your vette around a tree or concrete pillar.
D. Be stretched out back of a church.
E. Killed some innocent person and laid them back of a church.

When you get some real power come see me boy. I hate to tell ya but you and your car aint shit. When the Shelby comes out then we'll see whose king of the drags. But, you can always talk about a road course if it makes you feel better. Small consolation when you're eating Ford Mustang dust.

AMen, I love my brothers in Dixie!

I also wanted to run this by you guys, I was reading about the Linfer.TT Vette 750hp. It ran like an 11.4 but trapped in the mid 130's. I don't know what rubber it was on but dang these numbers sound a little odd? It should have beeen in the 10's don't you think? I didn't get the 60 foot time, I will try to look at this publication again.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
phantasms said:
I wasn't caling out anyone. I was looking to be called out.

Well I'll call you out then...Lets run at the track, its legal there and there can be no bull shit excuses. If you wanna know alittle about my car its a 99 Cobra with nothing done to the motor but a bolted on P1SC. I've got a stock motor that hasn't been touched, no cams, no head work, no new internals, nothing. Surely if you can beat a Ford GT you can beat a 1999 Cobra with a little 281 and a blower. If you want you can even look over my engine as long as you want. Game?

Last edited by a moderator:

phantasms

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Well I'll call you out then...Lets run at the track, its legal there and there can be no bull shit excuses. If you wanna know alittle about my car its a 99 Cobra with nothing done to the motor but a bolted on P1SC. I've got a stock motor that hasn't been touched, no cams, no head work, no new internals, nothing. Surely if you can beat a Ford GT you can beat a 1999 Cobra with a little 281 and a blower. If you want you can even look over my engine as long as you want. Game?

Dude.

Reading is important.

I said on LI...not SC. And as far as the track goes I have no problem comparing time slips with similar tires. There's zero point in going to the track together. We can compare DA's and the results.

But that will show the better driver which you very well may be.

Also know I'm no fool and I'm sure your car's a beast. It sounds awesome.

The reason I posted in this thread is because of the crazy ideas that started off.

Crazy idea 1. the Z06 is an 11.7 car at best. It's a 11.3 car at best on stock tires. And I'm sure none of you are running stock tires to get that better than 11.7 time. Best so far on drags is 11.2 and I'll bet anyone $1000 it will hit 10's stock on tires.

Also it was said that a cobra with 550rwhp would take a stock Z06. I said untrue and am willing to prove it.

So go to the track and get your slip. When I do the same in a few months we'll compare. You'll probably beat me as there are probably a hundred thousand street cars out there that will destroy me. That's not the point I was going for.

Again...I'm looking for someone on LONG ISLAND to man up with a ~550rwhp Cobra willing to do a highway pull so I can show them that it takes a more than that to beat a Z06 (as several cobra owners posted they agree with).

that's all im saying. if you want me to go to a track with you you're missing the point. and if you want me to go off of LI you're really missing the point.

So what's that 99 cobra of yours putting down anyways? Have any pix?...love ghost flames :)

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I didn't see you live in Long Island, that sux. Wish you lived closer I've got the keys to a 02 black Z06 that you could run on the highway. It has a nasty hiss to it when you open it up.

phantasms said:
So what's that 99 cobra of yours putting down anyways? Have any pix?...love ghost flames :)

Couldn't tell ya. Last time I had it on the dyno it made 482rwhp and that was 2 years ago. :poke:

wNzM5MjE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

apache driver

Established Member
The new C6 zo6 is the best bang for the buck american car ever produced, period!!! Respect it for what it is! It's not a chevy vs. ford thing, its a love for performance cars regardless of brand.

StangJason

Established Member
Snorman said:
Where are all these mid-120mph C6 Z06's?
I was out to dinner with some friends a few weeks ago. One of them is the "driver" for Cartek. He was at the Corvette event at Etown a few weeks ago. He told me there were three C6 Z06's, all running 118-120mph in the mid-high 12's...all day. Then I see one running, all day, at Cecil and it goes 119mph.
What gives? I can't attribute an 8 mph difference to driving, and it was good air at Etown and Cecil.
S.

These cars are racing around all over the internet...You don't see them :shrug: Man your a troll :rollseyes

I believe the Vette's are very capable in the right hands but I imagine most of these times came on slicks and probably some other type of mods like gears or exhaust which has turned into completely stock by the time the story makes it to the internet.

BetterthanU

Banned
I'm sure it's been said, but just for good measure:

RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER :coolman:
11.31 127.52 mph 1.90 60'......all stock

Last edited:

phantasms

Established Member
BetterthanU said:
I'm sure it's been said, but just for good measure:

RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER :coolman:
11.31 127.52 mph 1.90 60'......all stock

Exactly....stock run flats...100% stock.

With tires he ran 11.2. Several other people have run mid 11 times stock. I dont know of any Z that has gears yet. Those that have exhaust, tune and tires have run 10's.

i'm sure there are plenty of cobra owners who suck and run 14's. You don't see me saying it's a 13.5 second car at best.

The higher the abilities of a car the higher caliber driver it takes to bring out those abilites. Most Z06 owners will be lucky to run high 11's in stock form...i'm not not of them....ten's baby tens. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread