13 a6 + tvs + e85 =

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
The next *big* event we plan on going to is Ford vs Chevy.
Saturday July 6th.

Hopefully FIFTY can make it, if not we will have other AED cars for grudge matches. (a customer's 2012 KB A6 will be there) Once we beat all the Chevy's (and clean up the track from them breaking down) we typically run Ford vs Ford.

chevyvsfords

Perfect! I have a KB car as well :thumbsup:

We'll plan to be there.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
So that was the issue, what was it set to before? Where will it be set too now?

It was set to max with no hobbs installed. Ill be installing the hobbs switch this time, should fix the issue im hoping. But i have the controller mounted in a gauge pod in one of my pillar pods so ill just turn it up when i know ill be going wot and leave it at 0 for normal driving. Either way its just a band aid until i get a fuel system in a few months.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I will be there as well to drag allens ass down the track,. We've been going back n forth for too long! Ordered my ds, loop, and bmr adj uca today... (And new fuel pump) Car should be ready by then.

Good luck with that from a guy who has only ran 12s hahahaha

Shaun@AED

Track update:

Track just was not there as its a weds night 'high school' drags with no track prep and it rained the last 2 days.
Best 60ft 1.64 on MT stiff ET Drags.
10.41 @134.2MPH, DA 2000ft

Had to call it a day as the BAP was not kicking on till 7K RPM and got worse over the 3 runs we did. Taking it back to the shop to test the Hobbs switch with a MightyVac.

ebrow21

Established Member
Track update:

Track just was not there as its a weds night 'high school' drags with no track prep and it rained the last 2 days.

Had to call it a day as the BAP was not kicking on till 7K RPM and got worse over the 3 runs we did. Taking it back to the shop to test the Hobbs switch with a MightyVac.

Real nice. Makes me think I'm doing something wrong, almost 8mph less (so far) with similar mods on a whipple. Oh well, haha.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Damn thats movin! Let me know what you guys find out about the bap. That sucks to hear

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Track update:

Beast mode

FIFTY

Established Member
Track update:

WOW, That's moving out with no track prep, and for the first outting I'm very impressed! I hope we get this bap issues solved though...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
WOW, That's moving out with no track prep, and for the first outting I'm very impressed! I hope we get this bap issues solved though...

mark your gonna have to learn how to drive you car all over again. you went from like a 12.8 car to a 10sec monster :beer:

FIFTY

Established Member
mark your gonna have to learn how to drive you car all over again. you went from like a 12.8 car to a 10sec monster :beer:

Yeah, its a whole different animal with 200hp more than I had before:banana:

Drew@AED

I'll diag the issue with the JMS later today. Shouldn't be a big deal.

You will definitely have to get a feel for the new setup. On the first pass yesterday the car was spinning all the way to the 1/8th, (Shaun has the video). The following two passes were much better after tire pressure and damper adjustments. Keep in mind that all this spinning was basically after the 60ft when the car really started making power. The car hooked up on the initial hit because it has no balls at such low RPM. Don't get me wrong, we were certainly scrubbing off ET due to tire spin down track, but I don't see any major improvements in 60ft times on a "prepped track" w/o a converter upgrade.

There is definitely more in this setup as it sits. Just needs some fine tuning. Make sure you bring a few adult diapers the first time you run it! :thumbsup:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I was there last night hanging out.. The car is absolutely beautiful!! And Drew is a damn beast staying in it that long on the first pass. The car was spinning so bad that you could see the corrections from how much he was turning the wheel lol.. I was looking at the front tires and going omg look at all the corrections ahahaha!!

Def has A LOT more in it like Drew and Shaun said!!

I had a great time last night!

Users who are viewing this thread