30 Day Cold Shower Challenge - Are you man enough?

Mach.OHH

Established Member
im bout to try this i dont think i could start straight freezing though, i would have work my way to no heat.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
im bout to try this i dont think i could start straight freezing though, i would have work my way to no heat.

Start at a slightly uncomfortable cool and slowly move the dial to cold. If you start hot you will probably talk yourself out of going to cold. :lol1:

oldmodman

Established Member
Last decade my water heater failed. And I was so pissed when I found that the AQMD had forced compliance on making water heaters "low pollution" which had more than tripled the price, that I refused to buy a new one in Los Angeles county.

So I cold showered for a little over a month. Luckily it was in the middle of a heat wave and the tap water was 74 degrees. Which wasn't to bad.

I finally drove out to the Home Depot in Lancaster (which is outside of Los Angeles County) and bought a water heater for $99.95 instead of $445.00 for the exact same damn capacity, 40 gallons.

Mach.OHH

Established Member
Start at a slightly uncomfortable cool and slowly move the dial to cold. If you start hot you will probably talk yourself out of going to cold. :lol1:

Yea haha like someone said above I usually take hot showers and flash the cold helps me wake up lol

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yea haha like someone said above I usually take hot showers and flash the cold helps me wake up lol

I ****ing love hot showers, once it's comfortable, there's no way I can go to cold and stay there for 5 min. :D

Try it, report your findings to all of these wusses.

Last edited:

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Sounds like living off the grid for 30 days or as i call it, not paying the power bill. Im game.

Deric

Established Member
I was thinking about this yesterday actually. If you eventually got used to it so it didn't bother you, you could save a few bucks I suppose.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Hmmm......might try fapping in cold shower.
Then again.

Go for it.

****it, im in. hahah

ehh, why not? I got nothing to lose.

Exactly - nothing to lose. Try it. :rockon:

I was thinking about this yesterday actually. If you eventually got used to it so it didn't bother you, you could save a few bucks I suppose.

I plan on taking a cold shower everyday, (except if I'm sick) but I'm not about to ditch my water heater.

Your sack gets bigger the more you do it, but you never really get used to the first moment cold water hits. It sucks every time, but the satisfaction afterwards is infinitely better than a hot shower.

After doing this for two weeks I can't go back to starting my mornings with a hot shower. It would be like not taking a shower at all! ;-)

nxhappy

Established Member
yes when it's 110^ outside and I want to cool my ballz down real fast i'll take a FREEZING shower. but I'm not doing this during normal weather lol. fuk that !

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
yes when it's 110^ outside and I want to cool my ballz down real fast i'll take a FREEZING shower. but I'm not doing this during normal weather lol. fuk that !

Balls need a daily cooling for me, not just when it's 110.

truefiveo

Established Member
Title of this thread is gay.

OP are you man enough to take cold combat showers everyday in a warzone?

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Last decade my water heater failed. And I was so pissed when I found that the AQMD had forced compliance on making water heaters "low pollution" which had more than tripled the price, that I refused to buy a new one in Los Angeles county.

So I cold showered for a little over a month. Luckily it was in the middle of a heat wave and the tap water was 74 degrees. Which wasn't to bad.

I finally drove out to the Home Depot in Lancaster (which is outside of Los Angeles County) and bought a water heater for $99.95 instead of $445.00 for the exact same damn capacity, 40 gallons.

Lancaster is still Los Angeles county.

Screw cold showers. I'll take a cool shower but I would rather be comfortable.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Title of this thread is gay.

OP are you man enough to take cold combat showers everyday in a warzone?
Exactly, or how about ice bath op?

Ice bath > cold showers

My motivation for taking cold showers at home is nobody else is doing it, i hit the gym hard and I shower in the cold to help with recovery. But ice bath trumps cold showers easily.

Fedor incorporated this at the end of his routines.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I took cold showers in Mexico at dawn ... My grandparents lived remotely no water heater and no sewage it was like a time warp to the early 1900's talk about poverty! So I cold shower 4 times a week and it was refreshing but I was in and out withing 5 min . Ill try it but I feel a hot shower relaxes my muscles and takes away my lower back pain .

Users who are viewing this thread