Comment from The Powder House

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Dammit, I shouldn't have clicked on this as it is going to cost me money. Products look good and the customer responses seal the deal.

Ortiz99

Established Member
I too am now looking for something to get coated lol. There will always be people you can't please brother, no matter how much you try, sometimes it just wont happen. That doesn't mean you are doing bad business, it means some people will never be satisfied.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Brian did this for me, excellent work.

IMG_3777.jpg

Time to cut ties with the dude expecting free stuff.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I hate it when customers try to mooch their way to freebies and threaten you if they don't get their way. You are in business to make money. Obviously this is not a customer because you have made $0 off of him. Actually you have lost a lot of money/time dealing with his bullshit. You need to tell him to go elsewhere to get his parts powder coated. Do you really want this guy and his friends as customers??? Don't take offense to this but I guarantee you that you will lose more customers with your bad/slow communication than you will from this guys threats.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Like Zporta, I've spent a week with Brian and he's got nothing but the best intentions. He coated several items for my Shelby and a rifle stock 2 yrs ago and they all still look perfect. I've seen first hand his work ethic and seen him stay up well after midnight to answer PM's and emails. As with any business there will be customer's who no matter how hard you try, they just won't be happy. From the support Brian gets on this forum I'd say the happy customers far out weigh the unhappy.

Congratulations Brian on the new addition to the family as well as the new shop.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
You guys are awesome! Thanks for your support!

It's just frustrating. I probably have over 200 PM's and texts back and forth, so how ever much time that is, and I've never made one dollar off of this customer. He's never paid me for anything. I have given him free coating with mystichrome paint/hydro dip on some small interior parts, and covered shipping, so our relationship has only cost me money and grief, and the guy still doesn't like me. How can you not like someone who has only given you stuff for free??? If you don't like my prices, then let's simply not do business.

I'm slowly learning.

I have enough great customers that always make me feel better when shit like this comes up. I appreciate the support SVTP!

The customer just kept telling me he was going to post everything here like that would make me give him what he wants, and that doesn't ride with me. I'm not going to throw him under the bus and mention his name, I'll let him do that if he wants to.

Tell whoever it is to pack ****ing sand. If he's not paying you, move on to someone who will.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
like you said, the sponsorship stuff hasnt netted you anything worthwhile, so dont do it.

I know its probably a pain in the ass because of the variety of stuff you dip/coat but Id just try to figure out a system of 0-x # parts is eligible for a 5% discount, x-y# of parts can get 10% and anything over Y# of parts can get 15% off (just throwing numbers in there) and if they dont like the price they can go elsewhere. The guys trying to beat you out of every nickel will be the first ones to bitch and moan that it wasnt fast enough, wasnt done right/good enough etc... etc...

weed out the low balling idiots from the start and I bet 90+% of your problem child customers go away and you dont waste so much time negotiating. Negotiating like that is for big $ projects that make your whole week/month etc...not for a $200 set of valve covers

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I have only had a few things done but Brian's work is definitely top notch, I can't wait to get more stuff done in the future. People need to understand, especially in a business of only a few people, that if you are replying to messages/phone calls all day then nothing is getting done in the shop where money is made.

From the sounds of it you have tried to be more than fair with said customer, you have a lot more patience then I would have. Congrats on the new location and for child #3 on the way, keep up the great work!!!

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have been wanting a show stand. I now know where it is coming from.

Best of luck Brian.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
sometimes the best business choices are the ones that do not put money in the register.

choosing to not take a customer or telling a prior customer you appreciate his previous business and you will part ways can be the best choice.

I know I've fired a few clients over my career and was better off for it.

Good luck and continued success.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I'm touched to receive so much support from everyone! I really appreciate all of the kind words, guys! Thanks for your time in reading my saga. lol

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
From my customer service experience at past jobs where I was in charge, I can tell you for a 100% fact that there are people out there where you could pay them to have your [quality] product, and they still wouldn't be happy. You can't please everyone, so if you only get 1 or 2 that aren't happy you must be doing it right. At my current job we get lots of picky customers that want tons of expensive engineering work for free, tomorrow with no guarantee they would actually buy parts from us. We have told some that we aren't going to place a bid on their job, and others we did our usual quote and added $$$$$$ to get them to go away. If they accepted then we got enough to make the hassle worth it.

At the end of the day, you need to enjoy running your business. It sounds like you love what you are doing and take great pride in your work. Don't let 1 or 2 people ruin it for you.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I'll be sending things your way. I have no problem giving my business to people like this and supporting them.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
This "Customer" a member here?

You are in the business to make money, plain and simple. You initially quoted a large job to a customer and gave him special pricing based on this large job, where you'd still make some money. Now, he came back and still wanted service, but, very few items AND at the original price. This is a big no-no. I work in the resale industry and we will tell a customer flat out if they quote a large bid and obtain special pricing, but, only want to order a handful of items but still receive extreme prices.

This customer needs to go screw himself and try to hassle and low-ball another vendor. You should not take fault for this and accept such a slap in the face. There are better and more loyal customers out there that respect the old saying "you get what you pay for"

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Brian,

I know it's hard to do what you do (being the the nice guy) You do amazing work. The only thing that I wish is that you didn't blast bosses for the injectors lol. My builder was like damn that sucks.. But that's ok. Other than that you did amazing work. Some of the best I've seen to date. In the Bay Area (San Jose) no one seems to know how to ****ing coat.

I will say this though and it'll help you out.. You've big enough and have a big enough name, to pick and choose who you want to do work with.. PM Shaun@AED on here. He'll tell you and same with Drew@AED.. They can pick and choose what cars and projects they want to work on and for Shaun what cars he wants to tune. You're in the same boat now. It's a great boat to be in because you're not longer at the mercy of the customer. Talk with someone and if you get a bad vibe walk away. It's not like you're going to lose thousands of dollars in business. Some people simply aren't worth the liability. Same thing with people who paint cars.. If they do amazing work they'll come to them. People send shit all over the country for you.. Simply cut ties with that ass hat and move on. You don't need to give away free work. Shit the deals you do already are amazing enough, at least what I paid for the work you did for me was awesome!

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication to this industry!

-Chris

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I'm still loving the front brake calipers you did for me, can't wait to get the rears to match! Thanks again Brian!

Damn, the entiretime I read this thread I thought...Can I get my Calipers done......GOT MY ANSWER!!

I am almost semi interested in taking a shot at this kind of work, and now I have a lot of research to do. It's cool he does the tanks and I'd know where to get one!

As for the situation, I just don't get how you can give a guy a stupid low price and acts like an idiot because HE changed his mind. He has a lot of growing up to do! I have researched your work and I like it. You do a great job and Maybe I will get on the whole Caliper thing soon!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
....give me your secrets lol. I need to send my brembo's to you.

The best thing is he has a set of core calipers. So he can cost them for you, ship them to you. And once you install them send him yours back. No down time!

Ask me how I know...
035c4ea9.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread