Damaged KenneBell from Jon Bond.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Even if it was nonfunctional it would have still made a nice piece of garage art.

yep.

and that didnt happen from packaging. so that makes me think they just scratch the shit out of while theyre working on them?? that or he wasnt pleased you didnt want to take his offer so he treated it like a red headed stepchild and tossed it around a bit

mystickb1996

Established Member
by no means is that case bad. Perfect??? NO but you will still be able to make alot of boost with that no problem. i have seen and used worse in my time, and like every 2.2 they have gotten the living piss spun outa them im sure your not the only one with a few minor scratches in the case.. that by no means is going to effect sealing and making boost... by chance you have any pictures of the rotors?

01silverstang

Established Member
I hope you figure out a way to hold him accountable...

He's really stretching to make you out as crooked, when he has no idea what you would do with your own supercharger. You may have rebuilt it and sold it and been completely upfront with pics as to the condition, etc. You may have chose to do something else with it... it's none of his business what you do with your property.

He runs a business, he offers free estimates, he needs to treat potential customers property with respect and should the potential customer decline after the free estimate the property needs to be returned in the same condition it was delivered.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
for those interested here are pics of the worst spots on the rotors.

20140613_145007.jpg

20140613_144941.jpg

and what im stuck with.

20140613_144925.jpg

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
What a jerk off. This is going into my very select collection of saved threads.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
It was pullied hard. About 20k rpm or so. should've been around 20psi in this thin colorado air. The blower never made a sound or any issue what so ever. Performed flawlessly and didnt run hot either.

TRBO VNM

Ugh, waiting on a blower coming back from him right now for a customer. People in the terminator section spoke highly of him.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Just looking at the damaged pictures the second one posted with the damage on the corner looks consistent with a flat head screwdriver trying to pry between the case and back plate. Maybe it's just me.

jon bond

JBP
Established Member
This response is to the original post. There are comments on here or on FB from people that are clearly not our customer as the names are not in our accounting system. There are also misleading facts and name calling that is clearly immature and not conducive to any solution.
Rob did send his supercharger to us.
We performed an inspection and found the following items: Damage to the case internally from an object that was digested by the supercharger, damage to the rotors, galled gears, a coupling system (missing the coupler) that had wear consistent with requiring replacement. We recommend a rebuild, coupling system replacement, replacement gears, replacement case, rotor repair, and replacement rotor coating.
We also provide another 3 options:
1. Trade in the drive snout and the rotors for cash or credit.
2. Do nothing and have it returned.
3. Purchase a new Kenne Bell kit. Our price was the same as KB. KB did not have any rebuilt 2.2L in stock.
The customer elected to have the item returned. We did not use the box provided as it was damaged. The customer informed us that the item was damaged by email upon delivery. The customer was understandably agitated. A call to the customer did not lead to any resolve as the customer was degrading and threatened to provide negative feedback. Once the threat took place, I realized this conversation was not going to have any immediate solution. Treat me or JB employees with respect, and we will do almost anything to help a customer. Threaten us and our business is done.
The case, rotors, and cover were plastic wrapped. The bolts were placed in one bag along with all the bad parts in another zip lock bag. Based on the pictures provided, it looks like the gears and or the bolts became dislodged during shipping and were caught between the case and the box/packing material. The damage is consistent with the package being dropped while in in shipment. Shipping damage is quite common for items arriving here, while rare for items that we ship out.

We have a 2.2L case here. We have the ability to fix this supercharger correctly. We have the ability to come to a solution with the customer. We were not able to reach an agreeable arrangement due to threats. Ask yourself these questions:
1. If the supercharger case was repairable, don’t you think we would have suggested this in the hopes of retaining a customer versus having them ask to send it back?
2. If the supercharger was repaired with those lines left in place, and another person from the public purchased it, with our name on it, would you not expect a quality, undamaged, repaired item?
3. If you found the grooves in the case after the fact- would you consider this acceptable, or would you want your money back, or a discount?
Facts:
We have only had 3 bad reviews out of 3,000 customers. No company is perfect. While I would prefer none, I am satisfied that you can’t make everyone happy.
We rebuild 44 different brands and support many models under these brands. Many of these items are not supported by the manufacturer anymore. We have over 92 different upgrades that we have created for various models. Here are just a few for Kenne Bell:
1. We have fixes for seal problems with Kenne Bell, such as PTFE seals so that they can run methanol, alchohol, gasoline, and nitro-methane- standard.
2. We have upgraded seals for the rear of MX rotors where the rear rotor seal rubs the rear bearing plate creating premature failure, noise, rotor wear, heat, wear to the bearing plate, and more- standard.
3. Upgraded oil to keep gear case running cooler.
4. Upgraded bearing configurations for rebuilds- standard.
5. Double PTFE lip seal configuration for 30 psi drag bike setups.
6. Ceramic rotor coatings- heat reflective (drag) or Ceraslik.
Many professional teams use our services all over the world. We have Korry Hogan’s build team (world’s fastest drag bike at 255mph), Alwine Racing, Dryden Racing, Penske Racing, Penske Automotive, Big Cola Racing and more. We have also done supercharger work for a film crew, movie stars, and more. We take our work seriously and quality abounds in all the work that we do. We recently acquired Saleen Automotive in the last 3 months due to the quality of our work.
As for those citing supercharger destruction, we have only had 4 catastrophic failures in 5 years. 2 were new and 2 under warranty. All 4 were replaced at no charge to the customer. If anyone here has issues past or present with our work, I encourage you to discuss this with our company. All of our superchargers have a repair ID badge. If you do not have a cool looking JB Performance repair badge, then we did not rebuild it or sell it. I know that there are superchargers being sold used that are mis-represented as being rebuilt from here that have not as we receive the calls.
We are very busy and do not have time to follow this on-line discussion. I challenge anyone who has work pending or already on the way to post pictures of the quality of the work that we deliver.
Jon Bond- Jon Bond Performance LLC

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
The customer elected to have the item returned. We did not use the box provided as it was damaged. The customer informed us that the item was damaged by email upon delivery. The customer was understandably agitated. A call to the customer did not lead to any resolve as the customer was degrading and threatened to provide negative feedback. Once the threat took place, I realized this conversation was not going to have any immediate solution.

Did you offer a solution? Telling him to go pound sand and that the case is useless anyways isn't much of a solution. The guy sent you a blower that was making full boost with what seemed like a bearing problem and you sent him back a pile of damaged parts.

Treat me or JB employees with respect, and we will do almost anything to help a customer. Threaten us and our business is done.

If you treated your customers' items with respect, you might get it in return.

The case, rotors, and cover were plastic wrapped. The bolts were placed in one bag along with all the bad parts in another zip lock bag. Based on the pictures provided, it looks like the gears and or the bolts became dislodged during shipping and were caught between the case and the box/packing material. The damage is consistent with the package being dropped while in in shipment. Shipping damage is quite common for items arriving here, while rare for items that we ship out.

It is your company's job to make sure the items are packed well enough to survive this. He made sure you received it in good condition and it isn't far fetched to expect the same thing in return.

Ask yourself these questions:
1. If the supercharger case was repairable, don’t you think we would have suggested this in the hopes of retaining a customer versus having them ask to send it back?

No. It seems as though you did what shady repair shops do and make a minor issue seem irreparable in hopes that the customer is already in too deep with the project and, left with no other choice, gives you the go ahead to fix it. It doesn't seem like you appreciated the fact that he wanted the blower back, so you wrapped it up in the worst way possible and sent it back, realizing you weren't going to get any money out of him.

2. If the supercharger was repaired with those lines left in place, and another person from the public purchased it, with our name on it, would you not expect a quality, undamaged, repaired item?
3. If you found the grooves in the case after the fact- would you consider this acceptable, or would you want your money back, or a discount?

What he does with the blower is none of your concern. You can rest easy though because you guys banged it up more than enough to make sure no one will buy it from him.

I challenge anyone who has work pending or already on the way to post pictures of the quality of the work that we deliver.
Jon Bond- Jon Bond Performance LLC

lol I think that's what this thread is all about and the pictures certainly speak for themselves.

Just a little advice for you coming from someone who has seen time and time again the internet community come together and make things hell for shops that don't make things right. If you're the big shot you claim to be and do all that work for all those companies, then make things right for this guy. It'll be way cheaper than letting it all play out and have people choose to do business elsewhere. Make things right and people will want to send plenty of work your way.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. Jon said that he doesn't have the time to follow this thread, but 7 hours later he is still online and still browsing this thread. :dw:

His single post surely works well to reflect a negative business image. If he spent half the time it took him to type that long retort and used it to properly take care of his customer, we wouldn't even be posting in this (then non-existent) thread. Customer service can, and usually does, either make or break a business.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I for one will say I never "threatened" him. I simply said I will share my bad experience with others to simply warn them of his shady business ethics and service.

jon bond

JBP
Established Member
The focus of the conversation was one of hostility. Rob stated that he never threatened us. But he did twice. The main focus of the conversation for the customer was to have us admit that we deliberately damaged the supercharger in the our shop before it left. My guys would never do this. Then he cited that because it was working before, it did not need all the items we suggested, that we were trying to pad the bill. I told him that I would not admit that our shop created these damages in our shop as that was the fact. He then made threats of retaliation which he has done. He has generated hate just like he described he would. This is what shut me out from responding any further.

I regret the item had shipping damage. We can't correct a conflict if the customer is not willing to work towards it in a positive way. We receive many items here that are packaged well that receive shipping damage. Just this week alone, we had a Magnuson kit come in here with a broken carbon fiber drive shaft. A Techco fell from the roof area of a UPS truck. Another Magnuson had a chunk of the manifold broken off. A TRD had a mounting bracket broken. A Saleen F150 arrived with a broken top mounting ear. All of these items were shipped here packaged well and in boxes that weighed 80 to 110lbs with dimensions of 36x24x24. Not exactly something that can be tossed around.

As for why I should care about the damaged supercharger? I have every reason to care about what happens- even if I can't control the situation. I feel I am solving this one now as it needs to be public. We see some of the same superchargers over and over again. Each one changing hands until someone bites the bullet and either parts it out, or pays the price to properly repair it. Ask those who have been cheated out of their money before with the purchase of a damaged unit. They are on here. We see at least one every week. My heart goes out to those who just got done spending their limit or more on a supercharger and then have to try and find the funds to repair the damaged supercharger that just 'needed a basic rebuild' as the seller stated. Ask those who have had to buy new Whipple head units because of broken rotor shafts that were super glued in place or the the person who had a case that was honed with 80 grit and about .30 clearance. Normal clearance is .003. I could tell all kinds of stories. I am not saying that it makes what happened to Rob's case acceptable or that Rob was going to do this.

Either way, no solution will ever be found using sarcasm, condescending language, harassment, or rudeness.

Our morals and ethics say to help the customer. Please keep in mind that other items feed decisions besides ethics and morals. I will admit that mine was to protect my team at all costs. I have the best staff in the world and will defend them like a brother.

Maybe his post will solve this problem, should the customer allow. We didn't exactly see eye to eye over the phone, so none of this could be discussed.

I have a replacement $400 case and am willing to replace and or polish the external damaged parts. We will pay for return shipping of those items to here, and then pay to return ship them back to the customer. There are no other strings attached.

Users who are viewing this thread