Do you guys find that some terminator owners

coild

Established Member
Most 03-04 Cobra owners I run into on the street dont know shit..

Are you really serious?
Help me out fellas, maybe it is just me, but I thought anybody who would go to the trouble and expense to purchase a Terminator or a Lightning would at least know SOMETHING about how special they are.
I guess I'm just from the old school where only die hard motorheads bought true muscle cars, and they knew what they were buying and learned everything possible about it after they owned it a while.
I'm only 47..... have things changed that much?:shrug:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Down here, it seems like most people don't know what a Lightning is. I'm always shocked when someone actually does know.
I am in the same boat. I dont live in a big city btw. I've had my L since Jan 2nd of this year and i have yet to see anything SVT on the highway since then. I've been to one car meet with some but that doesnt count. I never get any challanges/races either. No thubs up no nothing. But damnit, i am proud of my truck and WILL give a thumbs up to anything SVT i see even if they dont know why im doing it....which will prob be the case down here heh.

I guess there isnt an oppurtunity of for me to get some looks since there's no 4 lane highways here that i roll on. I get compliments though but on the other hand i barely go anywhere cept to work and eat out occasionaly with the gf.

As for the guy that said it's some people's dream vehicle. A gen 2 L was my dream vehicle for years. :rockon:

Localy you arent cool unless your truck has big ass rims and strait pipe exaust on it. Driver must have a hat sideways and he must be listening to rap on his sound system. If you are white and not rolling like that you arent cool.

I'd like to add that i dont give props to HD trucks. I am not too sure which ones are S/C'ed by looks and to me it isnt an SVT product. I love the 02/03 s/c'ed ones and all of them are VERY VERY nice trucks. Ok, tomarrow i shall start giving the thumbs up to the HD guys! but not the king ranch ones haha

Last edited:

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
The HD's are sick. I give mad props to them. There's a 2-tone in my town. It's beautiful. Actually, my original dream vehicle was an HD. I was only 10, and my dad always had crew cabs, so I always thought the regular cab lightnings looked a little funny. lol

I'd own an HD in a heartbeat though.

PitchBlackL

modding..I have a dream
Established Member
its funny. I live in a tiny country town about an hour north of Dallas and there are tons of Lighthings around here. I knew of 2 gen1's before I bought my gen2 then after that it seems like I see another gen2 drive through town about once a month. Even when I graduated from high school in 03 all my buddies knew what Lightnings were. Its crazy but I do live in Texas and if there's a place to have a lot of trucks, even a lightning, this is it.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you really serious?
Help me out fellas, maybe it is just me, but I thought anybody who would go to the trouble and expense to purchase a Terminator or a Lightning would at least know SOMETHING about how special they are.
I guess I'm just from the old school where only die hard motorheads bought true muscle cars, and they knew what they were buying and learned everything possible about it after they owned it a while.
I'm only 47..... have things changed that much?:shrug:

Yeah I know what your saying but im being honest here....I know of alot of 03-04 Cobra guys that know their stuff. There have been pretty many 03-04 guys that ive ran into that dont know a damn thing about Mustangs, or even cars in general.
Heres just one example...
I raced this one guy on the street last summer that was in a white 04 Cobra, I beat him by pretty much and we both ended up pulling over and talking for awhile..Believe this part if you want but the guy seriously asked me if mine was a '03:dw:I kindly told him "no it s a '98" and we continued talking and the guy was just asking me some stupid ass questions like if my rims and blower are stock...:lol1:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Yeah I know what your saying but im being honest here....I know of alot of 03-04 Cobra guys that know their stuff. There have been pretty many 03-04 guys that ive ran into that dont know a damn thing about Mustangs, or even cars in general.
Heres just one example...
I raced this one guy on the street last summer that was in a white 04 Cobra, I beat him by pretty much and we both ended up pulling over and talking for awhile..Believe this part if you want but the guy seriously asked me if mine was a '03:dw:I kindly told him "no it s a '98" and we continued talking and the guy was just asking me some stupid ass questions like if my rims and blower are stock...:lol1:

+1 I remember that Mark... :nonono:

I'll have to agree with you that most of these guys dont know dick other than how to put gas in it and drive it. I've talked to a number of terminator guys and they dont know what the hell they have or what there talking about. Most of these terminator guys buy them because "everyone is doing it". They act like your dirt cause you dont have a terminator and they do but there the ones going to Jiffy lube for there next oil change and vacuum while the rest of us are pulling the motors out of our cars and hand porting our heads, replacing a burnt up clutch, ect.. and detailing our cars on Sunday. I'd say 90% of the terminator owners population are the jags that think there the shit and dont know shit. Then theres guys that put in the wrench time or have knowlegde of what they have or what there doing. Props to those guys Edit: us guys :beer:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
...............north of Dallas and there are tons of Lighthings around here. ..................Its crazy but I do live in Texas and if there's a place to have a lot of trucks, even a lightning, this is it.

I live in Dallas and see on average 10 Lightnings a day, sometimes the same one, but usually different

Black02SVTL

#746 of 4726
Established Member
Originally Posted by typhoon43
I wave or stop by at anything SVT..except the CONTOUR SVT. It's still the bastard child of SVT that I can't get over.

I fixed it for you.

Are you serious? I think the SVT Contour makes a great DD. It is by no means a race car, but it has looks, handling and pretty good mid-range power for what it is. I am in the process of trying to locate the right one (lower mileage, not beat, well maintained, and the color/interior combo I want) so I can roll in a SVT year round. :coolman:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
I saw an Expy last year at the gas station with a HD conversion(not sure what was done to the engine). It looked good, i was checking it out and was waiting for the guy to ask me about my L thinking he knew what it was. He never did, so I didn't compliment him on his fake Expy HD.

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
I've only seen one cobra up close who I didn't know. It was an SB. He was right next to me at a red light. He was making a left turn though. He gave me a thumbs up, and I did the same. Not sure if it was because of the truck, or the color. or both, lol

apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
I go out of my way to see what that have or what they have done, but it kills me when there L is not taken care of.

Chas

Established Member
qwik01cobra;6244102 I'd say 90% of the terminator owners population are the jags that think there the shit and dont know shit. Then theres guys that put in the wrench time or have knowlegde of what they have or what there doing. Props to those guys [B said:
Edit:[/B] us guys :beer:

I'm detecting a little hostility towards Terminator owners here.:dw:

2tonOfun

Established Member
Like some of the other posters, I'm just a car guy. I like anything fast. I will roll my window (dark tint) down to wave at another L, and usually will give a nod at least to a Termi (I went round and round about which one to buy after selling my old Stang).

I recently went to a local car show. When I pulled up, there was a group of guys with their SVTOA jackets on. They saw me drive up and when I walked up to hang out, they wouldn't even acknowladge me. I didn't get all butt hurt because I'm not really a "club" kind of guy but I though that was pretty lame.
They seemed more into their jackets then their motors.

My friends who own Termi's are total car guys and have built the crap out of them. Come to think of it, they are not SVTOA members either.

I wave at my neighbor in his SRT8 every time he drives by and he does the same. Of course I've already spanked his ass on the street:-D

01whiteL

Established Member
hmmmmm!!!!:lol:

I was waiting for you to post after yesterday. You wouldnt know the truth anyway blaine, so you can keep the comments to yourself or PM me if you would like. Ask anyone who really knows me and is around when the truck moves, they will tell you.

Last edited:

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
I was waiting for you to post after yesterday. You wouldnt know the truth anyway blaine, so you can keep the comments to yourself or PM me if you would like. Ask anyone who really knows me and is around when the truck moves, they will tell you.

Umm you were??? It is a free board I can post when I like and whatever I like without having to worry about someone crying. I have been involved with the conversation both you and Pat as well as fuzzy have had.

Here is the thing you can take this post to serve as a warning or continue and suffer the consequences.

Fact you picked up a perfectly good running truck take it to Discount tire from said shop to put 4 brand new tires on. 2 monthc later same truck comes back with 2 bald nittos all the way down to the cords. you claim to not beat on the truck but evidence shows your are a liar.

Now none of my comments reflect on Patrick. this is my statements not to be used against him in anyway shape or form. I would refrain from posting nonsense as you are very young and have a lot to learn. what you have done to that truck reflects upon you and your personality and the way you treat peopel who try to help you out.

NO PM required.

Last edited:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
.................Fact you picked up a perfectly good running truck take it to Discount tire from said shop to put 4 brand new tires on. 2 monthc later same truck comes back with 2 bald nittos all the way down to the cords..................

Rear tires are supposed to last more than two months??? I thought I was doing good to see 2 months out of my Nitto DRs

Users who are viewing this thread