dyno graphs single turbo kit vs ysi s/c

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm spending nothing compared to a turbo kit.. Also a 600hp 10 second car isn't boring to someone that hasn't ever been in a fast car. My car with bolt ons was the fastest I've ever went. I don't have many friends with fast cars and this is my first time around making something quick. I'm being realistic here. You can't really go much above 600hp without some heavy work to the engine. I did my research and centri just made more sense. It's easier and less work to get it running right. Yes turbo kits are way better for power and run faster. That's a fact. You're also going to pay more for those things. The kit I got saved me $3000 from that $7300 BASE CPR kit. No offense but I'll take my gated Paxton, my 600+hp 500lbs TQ and that $2500. Thank you.

If I had deeper pockets and could build up my engine more...I'd be all over that CPR kit. It's badass. But I don't. To the OP a gated Paxton and a base CPR kit on the dyno graph wouldn't be much different at all .. if any. You would have tons of room to grow on both kits, the only main difference is that $2500+ in your pocket to grow on the Paxton kit from the get go. With that being said if you wanted to grow with either kit from that point your going to have to spend a shit load anyway regardless. It is what it is.

that about sums it up pretty good.

it's hard for me to compare, I don't really know what comes with dustin's kits as far as fueling and such to make an accurate comparison

CPRsm

I went 9.90s@137 FIRST time out,....
And he went 9.9 @ 144 first PASS. What's your point? Lol

I just don't want people to think turbos are for everyone and from what I heard they have their problems and a lot of people don't like the problems that some the turbo kits have and that info comes straight from my tuner. Best of luck!!
I love that guys get fed the smallest bit of info and then they suddenly they think they know top secret info lol.
Did your tuner also tell you he thought our kit was the best power adder he's done so far, and the easiest to tune? He thought the dyno was broke lol

The kit I got saved me $3000 from that $7300 BASE CPR kit. No offense but I'll take my gated Paxton, my 600+hp 500lbs TQ and that $2500. Thank you.
That's fair enough. Guys that only want 600rwhp I tell them to look at something else. Almost a waste to do a kit at that power level, almost lol. Unless they want the torque curve of a turbo car.

If I had deeper pockets and could build up my engine more...I'd be all over that CPR kit. It's badass. But I don't. To the OP a gated Paxton and a base CPR kit on the dyno graph wouldn't be much different at all .. if any.
Nah, not at the same boost level. If we compare 11psi centri vs 7psi maybe they'll be similar. I've already looked over the centri on E85 w WG and 11psi and it looks like our 8.5psi on pump gas.
Thanx for the props. I don't hate on guys who don't buy the kit, never have. I don't list the similarities to knock it. Just to put it into perspective. Some guys don't look far enough down the road to see it all.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Im going to say one thing only. Ride in a centri car then ride in a turbo car. 99% of the time the guy goes with the turbo. The fun factor is worth the cost to some....

CSG

Established Member
I did speak with Daniel (TSS Tuner) about the CPR kit. He likes it. He had nothing negative to say about it and for the most part he had not been impressed with any turbo coyotes up to that point.

I would have gone that direction myself for my latest build except that this one will end up in my fox and the Paxton is just easier to package in the smaller engine compartment. Everyone likes to argue about the cost but it is quite simple: for a basic 600rw setup the Paxton is the cheaper solution. For a max effort Paxton setup the cost is a wash compared to the turbo setups.

2FST-4U

Established Member

My point is I did it with a stock motor,fuel system,basic Paxton kit,3.48 pulley,stock exh,off road x,etc. with at least 300 less rwhp and I bought the kit used for 3k. so i ran high nines for thousands less than the car we are talking about. i just want people to know there are options to go fast for cheaper.

I love that guys get fed the smallest bit of info and then they suddenly they think they know top secret info lol.
Did your tuner also tell you he thought our kit was the best power adder he's done so far, and the easiest to tune? He thought the dyno was broke lol

I did not discuss about your kit but when i mentioned how the turbo cars were to tune he said they had issues and problems with driveability. props to you if your kit is great to tune. i just worry about my car and my driveability is great and wot is bad ass!!

By the way i def like the fit and finish of your turbo kit if i would go turbo i would def consider your kit..;-)

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

My point is I did it with a stock motor,fuel system,basic Paxton kit,3.48 pulley,stock exh,off road x,etc. with at least 300 less rwhp and I bought the kit used for 3k. so i ran high nines for thousands less than the car we are talking about. i just want people to know there are options to go fast for cheaper.

I did not discuss about your kit but when i mentioned how the turbo cars were to tune he said they had issues and problems with driveability. props to you if your kit is great to tune. i just worry about my car and my driveability is great and wot is bad ass!!

By the way i def like the fit and finish of your turbo kit if i would go turbo i would def consider your kit..;-)

The turbo kits are deff nice no doubt, but your a prime example of what a well set up Paxton can do, for a lot less.

I still couldn't find it, what fuel system is in the cpr at 7300?

CPRsm

Of course there's cheaper. Everyone knows that lol. You could slap on a nitrous kit and do what you did for under 1500. But price was never a question of the thread ;)
But if comparing cars Chris went 9's on 7psi, stock engine, tranny, suspension with the exception of springs and a converter. Pretty sure that's less than boost than it takes a Paxton. 9.8's on 9psi despite slowing at the 60ft by almost 2 tenths. And all with a cast compressor designed for diesels lol.
But again your comparing your best time, to what will be an 8 sec car. And comparing his rwhp to yours and his times when he let out multiple times and still ran what you did. In the end w stock engine, exh, stock 3.48 pulley and everything else you listed, will you go bottom 9's or 8's?

*I did not discuss about your kit but when i mentioned how the turbo cars were to tune he said they had issues and problems with driveability. props to you if your kit is great to tune. i just worry about my car and my driveability is great and wot is bad ass!!
if you weren't hinting at my kit I apologize. I don't care to be lumped in with "turbo kits that are hard to tune" or other said problems. Wrong size maf tubing, placement and half ass Intercoolers are problems of other kits. So again I'm sorry if you weren't lumping me in there.

The turbo kits are deff nice no doubt,......
You know what fuel system is/isn't in the kit.
You're so two faced it's sad. Maybe on one site you think you'll fit in better by making a complete ass of yourself. And on this site it better if people think you're a nice guy?

I think only 2 people have even bought the pieces of crap.

BUT, Dustin sure as **** isn't one of them. He pawns off cheap ass turbo kits.

Sucks posting like that on a site you can't edit huh? There's lots more of this I can post up if you like. I hope you're going to go faster than 8.7x at some point. I remember something to the extent of, "As my car sits now no CPR streetcar will ever touch it." 8.7 is just going to be easy. Don't think posting "the kits are nice"'once let's you off the hook. As I told you before I always posted turbo vs blower arguments and left it at that. You on the other hand talk shit about me, my company and it's products when you don't have the technical knowledge base to do so. And just a few days ago you tried to tell JPC you don't care about what other companies do. Would you like me to post where you started talking shit to another company for absolutely NO REASON? On "coyote anything" and how they weren't a race star dealer anymore because they were cut off. I'm at least a professional asshole. You're not even professional. Take your back pedaling PR post and stick it in your ear

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Actually I don't know what fuel upgrades your kit comes with.

As far as pr posting, I told you at the beginning of the year I wanted to squash our beef. Your a vendor here now, and I'm trying to give you that courtesy.

You don't, that's cool too.

This was a civil conversation comparing the kits and I was curious what fuel upgrades were included at the $7300.

CPRsm

Actually I don't know what fuel upgrades your kit comes with.

As far as pr posting, I told you at the beginning of the year I wanted to squash our beef. Your a vendor here now, and I'm trying to give you that courtesy.

You don't, that's cool too.

This was a civil conversation comparing the kits and I was curious what fuel upgrades were included at the $7300.
It's still civil. They were nice kits before you ran your mouth all over the internet. I don't need smoke blown up my ass so don't do me any favors.
The kit doesn't come with fuel.

mystickb1996

Established Member
when i started noticing the asking about which fuel was included over and over i could tell it was coming to this.... bottom line is you both are vendors that offer great products, if you want a mass produced kit that alot of 5.0 owners have good luck with buy a paxton kit thats pricing is good and will get you down the 1/4 competitively. If you want a unique kit thats not massed produced and has a vary high power potential then go with a CPR kit or the equivalent. Turbo and cheap have never and should never be used in the same sentence. for the CPR kit their pricing is vary competitive considering they R&D this kit and saw it the whole way through, vs a paxton or vortech which is mass produced by a huge company... its a no brainier they will be cheaper.
my .02

kenny7277

Established Member
I am beginning to think neither of you guys want to sell shit. This is why I stay off these forums not to mention the rest of the erogant people thinking their shit is better than everyone else's.

2fast4u, not sure what you think the car made but straight downpipe it made 940rwhp and through the muflers made 903wrhp which are still on the car and in the video. Also, it actually 60' a 1.752, 330' a 4.393, 660' a 6.526 @ 115.59, 1320' 9.920 @ 144.86. Anything else you want to know?

The kit has its problems but tune and fitment wasnt it. It has some boost creep and I borrowed a second gate from a buddy to try it at Daniels suggestion and its fixed. This was the first turbo of its kind on this kit and I made some changes when I ordered it. We ordered our own gates last week and springs to go with them to turn it up once it goes straight.

Voltwings

Established Member
The hard part is theres no clear definition of "better" lol. Do you want quick, or fast? The ET's are similar enough, but look at the trap speed differences, that turbo would murder a paxton on the street. Could be well into 5th, could be right off the hit in 3rd, but theres entirely too many variables, too many possible setups, and too many possible situations for there to EVER be a "right" answer to this question.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's like your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't, lol. I have not engaged whatsoever, it is a thread comparing the kits and the kits pricing. It's a fair question to ask, when saying that the $7300 kit is comparable to my $5549 kit.

My $5549 kit comes with everything you need to install on a car and go and be done, assuming you have a handheld That includes tuning as well. $1850 is roughly a 34% difference in pricing. Now, add $1100 in fuel upgrades and we'll say $400 for a tune, you are at $8800. That's a $3251 difference. With my math, that's not "about the same"

There are other supporting things you can buy but are not required, and i have sold lots of kits without them, so they aren't "required". But, even if you buy the t bolts, and alum tank, $250 more, (not required), throw in my wastegate setup (not required) and your $6449. Still $2350 less.

No arguing, no fighting on my end. Just posting the numbers.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The hard part is theres no clear definition of "better" lol. Do you want quick, or fast? The ET's are similar enough, but look at the trap speed differences, that turbo would murder a paxton on the street. Could be well into 5th, could be right off the hit in 3rd, but theres entirely too many variables, too many possible setups, and too many possible situations for there to EVER be a "right" answer to this question.

You are correct. To say the Paxton is "better" probably isn't a fair statement. It's a much better bang for the buck, more than enough power to blow your stock engine, with a ton of growing potential should you decide to build down the road.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
What swayed me over to a turbo kit and made me sell off my Paxton kit was not going to be able to make 900+rwhp efficiently with a Paxton 2200SL. You really need an oil feed head unit with the 8rib upgrade to run the smaller pulley's which adds more money to the equation that your missing.
Also to do an all-out build you would want long tube headers and to me I was already going to add a K-member which was additional money spent.

So just buy adding the 8rib upgrade, longtubes, and K-member that was about another 2k which is still not too far off the price difference. Which ultimately made me rethink my whole set-up and going turbo. I was already having a pro mod sb block being built and that meant I can really crank it up past 1000+rwhp and not be limited with belt slip/not have to deal with pulley swaps anymore.

Still IMO the Paxton is the most bang for the buck FI kit out there if you’re content with 600rwhp and don’t want to build your motor. If you do want to do a full build it's not that much off of most turbo kit's out there, especially one that comes with a k-member and headers. Besides turbo’s give you much more room to grow IMO than a supercharger if you plan on going all out on this platform.

Users who are viewing this thread