dyno graphs single turbo kit vs ysi s/c

CPRsm

I'm willing to put money on it that there will be more 8 sec CPR coyotes than Paxton/Vortech coyotes in the up coming months or at least one that run's faster than 8.75. :pop:
That's why I asked. I think Terry is the only 8sec Vortech and no Paxton's. JPC has two I believe. Their car and Sean's. KB has one, and I think Hellion has one that's close.

We have a few 9sec cars. None in the 8's. But you're right Joe ;) Usually takes a bit longer to get an 8 sec car together. Hopefully see over 6 of them by the end of the year.

poof100

Established Member
That's why I asked. I think Terry is the only 8sec Vortech and no Paxton's. JPC has two I believe. Their car and Sean's. KB has one, and I think Hellion has one that's close.

We have a few 9sec cars. None in the 8's. But you're right Joe ;) Usually takes a bit longer to get an 8 sec car together. Hopefully see over 6 of them by the end of the year.

Don't forget some of the JPC cars that haven't posted their best times. :pop:

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
Just setting up aluminator block 9.5.1 with a Vortech JT trim, 3.00 pulley, ATI balancer and all my supporting mods in my sig hoping for 900+ RWHP on VP 109 fuel. If I did not have all of the bolt-ons before I went with the Vortech kit I would have done a turbo setup. Drivability with the Vortech JT is great and people stare at my car coming down the block when they hear my BV-57 BOV power is instant on the car and on 94 octane I made 634RWHP and 471TQ on a 3.48 pulley roughly 3800ft elevation where I live.

stretchb

Established Member
The on3 kit seems to be building some steam. Larry, what were inlet temps at say 900rwhp at the end of the 1/4 mile?

I started with a Whipple 2.3, then Stage II Procharger with F1A, now CPR turbo. Was on the list for Fluid but got impatient. The procharger inlet temps at 16# were 275+ at 1320'. Bought a custom intercooler and never made the track before I went turbo. CPR a2w inlet temps only rise 8-10* at 1320' with ambient water. Still haven't run ice.

last summer in 95-100 degree heat on my 9.2 pass at 155 the intake temps were 175 going through the lights.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member

We have 3 -
JPC 2011 - (7.87)
Sean Kelly (9.0x)
Al Davis - (9.14 @ 4200lbs)
Proof100 - 10.0 w/ Stick Shift
Clinton - 10.1x stick shift MT82

There's a few I can't list though.

Bud

Established Member
Pish posh, gutted race cars don't count lol.

Didn't build the car to get the "fastest two tons" award, built it to go as fast as possible. Taking the car out of the equation, at Bradenton the motor threw down a stupid amount of power and lived to do it again and again. Says something about the turbo kit and tune.

I also didn't build the car to try and play the "it's a street car" game like everybody else, but looking at Bowling Green I'm not sure there is really an event I can enter besides true street. So it may be rolling on the street again at some point :uh oh:

How many cars you got in the middle 9's with them big turbos, let alone any quicker? Not how many will be there, it is easier to say it'll be there than actually do it...

...awaits hate txt

CPRsm

I also didn't build the car to try and play the "it's a street car" game like everybody else, but looking at Bowling Green I'm not sure there is really an event I can enter besides true street. So it may be rolling on the street again at some point :uh oh:
That's your prerogative. Personally I wouldn't want a car I can only play with on weekends. 8.3's is fast not matter how you slice it. It's just much easier when you're 8-900lbs lighter than the rest of the cars that are being compared. That's not meaning to take anything away from you or the kit. But on a site that is 99.99% street cars, you compare street car times.

How many cars you got in the middle 9's with them big turbos, let alone any quicker? Not how many will be there, it is easier to say it'll be there than actually do it...

...awaits hate txt
Already answered that in post #82 ;)
Of course easier said than done. But to me, the combo is the hard part. Is the turbo right, back pressure, maf signal, inlet temps, post turbine pressure? For Christ sakes I made a transbrake for my customers to make sure the combo would be there and they didn't have to foot brake. I think the hard part of actually going 8's is already done for them. Chris goes 9.9's on 7psi with a cast diesel turbo and 9.8's with 9 dropping at the 60. Imagine a built engine w a good turbo. Bob's also started tinkering on his car again. So we can see what woulda, coulda, shoulda been two years ago. Guarantee it's going to happen. More than once soon enough. Question is what will your hate text say when it happens? Lol

Bud

Established Member
Average mustang at the track weighs 4050 to 4150lbs...that sucks

Hate text will read "congrats man, finally got somebody to run the number"

Bud

Established Member
I would prefer "I know I know, you told me so." :D

Have this all queued up ready to go, all you gotta do is get somebody to run the number:

tumblr_mjvmrs1mOP1qat9xfo1_500.jpg

Ok, sorry about the sidetrack, back to arguing single vs ysi

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Whats the quickest paxton kit car....with out adding all the bells and whistles?

I know they have gone fast, just dont know off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread