dyno graphs single turbo kit vs ysi s/c

CPRsm

Letting out LITERALLY trying to keep a tire on the ground. I was loading this to post anyways. Might as well post here, too. ARB is installed now and cage is waiting to be welded. If you think you can beat him when he's sorted good on ya. Otherwise you're just trying look cool picking low hanging fruit on his first day out.:p But my money is he goes flying by you next outing, maybe two. Despite 4000ft DA's. Hell if he stayed in it he probably had ya covered on 3 wheels lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYLPN-RFmhU

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Letting out LITERALLY trying to keep a tire on the ground. I was loading this to post anyways. Might as well post here, too. ARB is installed now and cage is waiting to be welded. If you think you can beat him when he's sorted good on ya. Otherwise you're just trying look cool picking low hanging fruit on his first day out.:p But my money is he goes flying by you next outing, maybe two. Despite 4000ft DA's. He'll if he stayed in it he probably had ya covered on 3 wheels lol

:uh oh:

FiveSlow

Established Member
The Paxton kit is a hell of a lot cheaper. You don't need headers, you don't need a bigger bov, and you don't need tbolt clamps. Maybe a little hairspray.. It's thousands cheaper than a turbo kit..even if you factor In a wastegate.. It's still thousands cheaper for 600+hp. You can't argue that.

CPRsm

I'm not arguing which is cheaper. I showed him what he asked for as close as I could. If you want a "I should have bought a turbo mod" and run 50% more boost for similar power that's cool. But if you buy the rest of the supporting parts as many people do running 10+psi, you don't save thousands. You can't argue that.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Letting out LITERALLY trying to keep a tire on the ground. I was loading this to post anyways. Might as well post here, too. ARB is installed now and cage is waiting to be welded. If you think you can beat him when he's sorted good on ya. Otherwise you're just trying look cool picking low hanging fruit on his first day out.:p But my money is he goes flying by you next outing, maybe two. Despite 4000ft DA's. Hell if he stayed in it he probably had ya covered on 3 wheels lol

Wow.... Just end this thread now......

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the jt was @ 20, the ysi, was right at 25/26 at redline.

and our complete Paxton kit is on special at $5549 right now. everything you need other than a hand held, includes id 1000's

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
The Paxton kit is a hell of a lot cheaper. You don't need headers, you don't need a bigger bov, and you don't need tbolt clamps. Maybe a little hairspray.. It's thousands cheaper than a turbo kit..even if you factor In a wastegate.. It's still thousands cheaper for 600+hp. You can't argue that.

Spend all this money on your hot rod and your gonna use hair spray?

600rwhp is boring, and with out a wastgate...extremely boring with a centri car!

blacknlte

Established Member
How fast does your turbos run in the 1/4 mile? my Paxton car is faster than your highest horsepower turbo car and I dyno a lot less. same guy that has tuned your turbo cars has tuned mine just ask him.. ;-)

Well let's see, it was 9.98@144mph on its first and only 1/4 pass! With a 1.8 60', peddling it to settle it down to make it down the track, carrying the left wheel from 100' to 240' ft out and that's also foot braking it. Also still dialing in the suspension to.... So how was your first time out with your setup???

No it's not my car, a good friends car that we both been working in right along side of mine

Last edited:

notchy444

Established Member
God, I cant wait to get my car finished.....Ill have Plenty of overlay graphs of a paxton setup with a waste-gate 11 psi and all supporting mods vs a Turbo. Same dyno too :) Centri cars are great till you ride in a turbo car same power level or even less power. I might be crazy but a paxton with 700+ HP was just to easy to drive on the streets. didnt have that pucker factor that I was looking for. After spending money on all the supporting mods on the paxton(Torque booster/new belt/ full exhaust) im very close to what I dropped on a turbo kit.

2FST-4U

Established Member
Well let's see, it was 9.98@144mph on its first and only 1/4 pass! With a 1.8 60', peddling it to settle it down to make it down the track, carrying the left wheel from 100' to 240' ft out and that's also foot braking it. Also still dialing in the suspension to.... So how was your first time out with your setup???

No it's not my car, a good friends car that we both been working in right along side of mine

I went 9.90s@137 FIRST time out with a stock coyote motor full weight car I weigh 250lbs 3.48 pulley 12psi TSS TUNED. car also netted a best of 9.80 with the 3.48 pulley 12psi before the aluminator. ;-) your friends car looked like it cut better than a 1.80 sixty foot to me on that video? but I am sure it will get better. ;-) not hating on the turbos but my Paxton 2200 runs pretty damn fast..;-) I just don't want people to think turbos are for everyone and from what I heard they have their problems and a lot of people don't like the problems that some the turbo kits have and that info comes straight from my tuner. Best of luck!!

CSG

Established Member
Yea, Daniel hated my Hellion car. Larry's On3 was easier to tune and ended up running much better.

Notchy, you certainly get "pucker factor" with the turbo on the street. Mine hit like a sledge hammer when it spooled, actually pretty damn hard to control on the street even with drag radials.

2FST-4U

Established Member
Yea, Daniel hated my Hellion car. Larry's On3 was easier to tune and ended up running much better.

Notchy, you certainly get "pucker factor" with the turbo on the street. Mine hit like a sledge hammer when it spooled, actually pretty damn hard to control on the street even with drag radials.

CSG.. Larry had plenty of issues with the on3 kit but wont go into detail he had to modify a few things and the car was still not perfect.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Spend all this money on your hot rod and your gonna use hair spray?

600rwhp is boring, and with out a wastgate...extremely boring with a centri car!

I'm spending nothing compared to a turbo kit.. Also a 600hp 10 second car isn't boring to someone that hasn't ever been in a fast car. My car with bolt ons was the fastest I've ever went. I don't have many friends with fast cars and this is my first time around making something quick. I'm being realistic here. You can't really go much above 600hp without some heavy work to the engine. I did my research and centri just made more sense. It's easier and less work to get it running right. Yes turbo kits are way better for power and run faster. That's a fact. You're also going to pay more for those things. The kit I got saved me $3000 from that $7300 BASE CPR kit. No offense but I'll take my gated Paxton, my 600+hp 500lbs TQ and that $2500. Thank you.

If I had deeper pockets and could build up my engine more...I'd be all over that CPR kit. It's badass. But I don't. To the OP a gated Paxton and a base CPR kit on the dyno graph wouldn't be much different at all .. if any. You would have tons of room to grow on both kits, the only main difference is that $2500+ in your pocket to grow on the Paxton kit from the get go. With that being said if you wanted to grow with either kit from that point your going to have to spend a shit load anyway regardless. It is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread