Ford GT Nurburgring time?

Formula51

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
FWIW the SRT-10 was tested when the track was really wet. I have the video.

I absolutely believe it was, as we all know it is faster than that. That was kind of my point. Nurburgring shows the best Car A can do compared to the best Car B can do. Not just what one guy can do in each car. There are obviously cars he has a better feel for than others and that makes a WORLD of difference. Not to mention track conditions.

My point is, the RING is the benchmark, not Euro Boys lap times!

fordification

Established Member
just to clarify, it's well known that the stig test driver is professional. there would be little deviation between car tests.

Formula51

Established Member
Think what you want, but there is deviation. Jeff Gordon is a prefessional, much more so that Euro Boy, but I doubt he would run Shumaker's times in an F1 car and vice versa. Top Gear gives you a decent comparison, but it does not show each cars complete potential.

Rant: I find myslef laughing at myslef for all these Euro comments I made. I am of noble blood and my family came to America in 1631. I guess I am as American as you can get though. It seems that after hundreds of years, you dont forget your heritage, but you dont think of it the same. Then again, in todays politically correct society maybe I should call myself European American. I guess we have a few hundred more years until African Americans are just good ol'e Americans.

Last edited:

Vic

Established Member
I'm "British American"! New category I just invented.

African Americans are unique in the world, almost a different people than Africans. So they are uniquely American!

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
Why cant we all just be American!?!? There is a difference between embracing and not forgetting your heritage and shoving it in everyones face everyday.

There was this really famous guy who said stuff along those lines....what was his name.... oh yea, Martin Luther King Jr. The way people act and especially "in his name," that poor man must be rolling in his grave.

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Think what you want, but there is deviation. Jeff Gordon is a prefessional, much more so that Euro Boy, but I doubt he would run Shumaker's times in an F1 car and vice versa. Top Gear gives you a decent comparison, but it does not show each cars complete potential.

:lol1: Jeff Gordon.

My point is that it's the same driver. And he obviously isn't a bad one.

Formula51

Established Member
My point is that "same driver" is not a good thing. Ahh, Jeffy boy....did you know that at a charity event he drove Juan Montoya's car and turned some very impressive lap times. Like him or not, that boy can drive, but drives a Stock Car better than an F1/IRL Car. My point.

Formula51

Established Member

Formula51

Established Member
More confirmation on the Z06's, NOT the Blue Devil's, Nurburgring lap time. Article confirms it was a Z06, Jan Magnuson was the driver and the lap time was 7:40. Hoorah!

http://www.imageark.net/image.php?id=122345

There is a rough translation in the DigitalCorvettes.com thread I linked above. This is one serious car that came to play. Even a small article from the Germans is nice to see.

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
top speed will definitely come into play on the ring. and there's like 120 some turns or something. awesome track.

Formula51

Established Member
fordification said:
I like nascar too but it has no business being in this thread.

Hehe, agreed. I was just talking about drivers, but it is very hard for me not to talk about Nascar. In general I do pretty good keeping it out of conversations, but it creeps up every now and then.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Most of those cars that have faster times are race cars. The mighty CCR with 800hp only beat it by 1 sec and ~.5km/h. Just goes to show you that hp isn't everything.
the ccr wasnt built for the track...she was built to go fast.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Venix said:
the ccr wasnt built for the track...she was built to go fast.

I agree, it's pretty much a strait line car. It's lap time on 5th gear was really bad given it's overall power. I think they were primarily going for top speed. FWIW, the Mc F1 is still better IMO.

Big 8

Established Member
Well Formula51 is right about one thing, Top Gear hates American cars! Tell that douche bag it was built in England and the Vette would be the perfect car hands down!

I dont think Ford needed the Ring to hype the GT? Should they have taken it there? I say hell yes! But the fact is they sell for fifty K over MSRP, the run is sold and its a two year deal...really no need? As a matter a fact the only thing it could do is hurt the car?

It held its own against the CGT and Enzo in tests and althoug its a ragg test what more do you need. One to two seconds over the course the size of the ring, between pro drivers? Who cares.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
fordification said:
the ccr would rape the vette, I don't care how much leaf spring development went into it.

That may be true, but every track the CCR has gone to has turned less than stellar numbers given its power output. It's justa car with wicked top end. The Enzo and CGT simply kill it on a road course, but get blown away on the top end. It's all how the car was designed and setup. They never said it was going to be the best car in the world,they just said it was going to be the fastest.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Back on topic though. Does anyone know if we will ever get Nurburgring times for the GT? Does Ford even plan to take the car there? It's just so strange because usually this is something done during the development and debut of a supercar.

Read on: I know some have been there. Not sure about lap times. Maybe ask here if possible.

http://www.ponysite.de/GT_gt40.htm

Formula51

Established Member
Interesting, but I haven't seen or heard lap times from this event. Which likley means one of two things: the GT didn't turn any or it didn't turn any worth reporting. I'll go with the first one. Remember, things of this importance hit the internet long before they hit American mags. We all knew about the Z06 lap times long before they were confirmed.

I am hoping we will have some GT500 lap times a year or so from now. I really hope they develope that car there and get all they can out of the design. I think it should be capable of low 8's, which depends on final configuration, tires, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread