Hellion twin turbo vs. Paxton supercharger

D.T.R

Established Member
You've never made over 1000rwhp on a Paxton 2200 nor have you made 1200+ on a YSI with a stick shift.
When you get up in that power range you tend to go through belts like crazy. We usually had to keep 2 in the car at all times.

I'm not saying a stock 600rwhp paxton car is going to have issue. I'm talking about when you turn them up.

I like to use my belts to hold my Levi's :D

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
at the 1000+ mark, you are going to have to start using all the tricks for belt slip, 850-900 really shouldn't have any issues. Your still using the stock tensioner system though.

All the bracketry is fixed, the only issue I see with breaking a belt is going to come into play when hitting a limiter and snapping the tensioner / belt. That can happen. But that is going to be in the tune / driver.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
The only people shredding belts are the ones using wrong parts or did a poor install with everything misaligned.
Indeed.

I can tell you there are LSX guys (especially corvette bros) making big power without belt issues. Look at some of the stuff A&A corvette and ECS have done. Vengence racing...

I'm not sure why that hasn't translated into Mustangs. Yet. I'm also confused why someone making big power wouldn't utilize a cog set-up, or some of the other tips and tricks to avoid belt slip.

Mach828

Established Member
Indeed.

I can tell you there are LSX guys (especially corvette bros) making big power without belt issues. Look at some of the stuff A&A corvette and ECS have done. Vengence racing...

I'm not sure why that hasn't translated into Mustangs. Yet. I'm also confused why someone making big power wouldn't utilize a cog set-up, or some of the other tips and tricks to avoid belt slip.

This. The F1 and big vortech guys I all know run COG setups.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A lot of the procharger guys do, we haven't really had an issue with belt slip, so not really a need to develop one for the coyote

grnenvy

Established Member
Juiced me and Kelly are friends but what he does and I do are totally different. One of the biggest problems I see is dirty pulleys which makes the belt slip. Also guys think the smallest pulley is better and sometimes it's not. Also running the tensioner in the sweet spot helps figuring the right belt size makes that happen.
These little things make a difference and why some guys run better then others.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Juiced me and Kelly are friends but what he does and I do are totally different. One of the biggest problems I see is dirty pulleys which makes the belt slip. Also guys think the smallest pulley is better and sometimes it's not. Also running the tensioner in the sweet spot helps figuring the right belt size makes that happen.
These little things make a difference and why some guys run better then others.

Ya, I'm not comparing you two--I'm just saying it was a supercharger car that had a lot of belt issues and I would think his stuff would be top notch.

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
the stock setup on a 3.33 pulley and e85 can make about 800 rwhp with 0 slip.

with a 3.15 and an 8 rib setup you are pushing mid 8's,

Now this does not happen for high elevation guys though! ;(

Bud

Established Member
Now this does not happen for high elevation guys though! ;(

Those of us at altitude are quickly learning that turbo is the way to go. A few of us have ran blowers and had to pulley them down till belts slip or break to try and make up for the thin air. While turbos aren't a silver bullet for altitude they easily run away from blower cars here.

WnR32VSC

Established Member
How about a comparison with the Hellion single turbo kit and the Paxton since they are closer in price?

I second that.
Apples to Apples
Your single kit vs the paxton kit.

BTW I had a procharger kit and took it off to do a single turbo kit.

Users who are viewing this thread