I'm looking for an old(sumped fuel tank/turbo car) thread, can you help me..

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I have been trying and trying that search button but I am not having any luck.

A while ago, there was a thread about sumped fuel systems. A guy with a black Cobra and the TOYO crazy looking tires with his sump and pumps mounted where you could see them from behind. It was pretty jaw dropping to say the least but I cant find that thread or that car anywhere.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I remember a Comp orange one like that. Were the pictures taken in his driveway with the garage door open?

03sm3341

Established Member
Are you thinking of vadorsnake04's car? black 2.8 kb bulit motor and such. the picture was takin on a gloomy day.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_-y_I93ltY"]YouTube - cammed cobra with stainless works 3" mufflers[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
I know exactly what youre talking about and thought I had saved the pic but I cant find it. Wasnt it an 01 or a converted GT? Im thinking of a different one, I think that one was red. Maybe Boss 32v's car. Mean looking pics in a parking lot

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Not this one? Cant find any rear pics. Vitoman:

IMG_2759.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
I always warn people about the potential for disaster running a sumped tank on the street especially in the lowered car. There are a lot of road hazards where something hitting the sump which is mere inches off the pavement could tear it out of the tank and I don't need to tell you what comes after that.

The factory tank shield protects the tank very well and can get crumpled a bit and still not leak. For a full time race car a sumped tank makes sense.

Just something to consider.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
If you're looking for fuel system alternatives, a friend of mine is designing fuel hats for 03/04 Cobras and inline fuel pumps. They have AN feed and return fittings.

IMG_3132.gif

IMG_3131.gif

An older prototype.

IMG_3114.gif

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
I always warn people about the potential for disaster running a sumped tank on the street especially in the lowered car. There are a lot of road hazards where something hitting the sump which is mere inches off the pavement could tear it out of the tank and I don't need to tell you what comes after that.

The factory tank shield protects the tank very well and can get crumpled a bit and still not leak. For a full time race car a sumped tank makes sense.

:dw: :eek: thats one reason why i run the FORE dual pump hat

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member

Driving a car over 300 hp on the street is pretty unsafe as well.

Going 90mph in a 65 is pretty unsafe.

The list goes ON and ON and ON.

Users who are viewing this thread