My new to me Mach 1 and resulting 3 day detail...

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Sweet man, bring that thing to the next Mustangs Unlimited show.

Oh you now it. Already looked when it was. lol

What machines did you use to achieve that? Rotary? Flex?

I would put learning on how to properly use a rotary and wet sanding on my list of things I want to learn how to do in the detailing world.

DA.

No need. Its rare that you actually should need to know how to wet sand and rotary buff. Rotaries are becoming obsolete as a buffer. You can do most everything you need now and days with the right pad and polish/compound on a DA buffer.

What's the trick to buffing the Glass?? .... Thanks :)

Right pad and polish. Then just working it in. Better to buff glass with a polish rather than a compound.

Nice job, car looks great!

Thanks.

Nice work as always, congrats on the car! Looks like none was spared here on this one, I am assuming wheels are in good condition or were they removed for a full restore?

Wheels are in perfect shape. When I get a new set of wheels later this month, I will pull thse off and do the suspension up fully and clean/seal the stock wheels.

I use mothers chrome polish and orange ccs pad on an pc xp for really hard water spots.

Never heard that combo. Be sure your night micro scratching your glass with the chrome polish.

WOW :eek: Nice job. That thing looks amazing!!

Looks great, nice job!

Wow, very nice transformation!

Thanks guys!

Brad03

Established Member
Products were 205 and HD Polish. Alcohol mixture to clean the paint. Opti-Guard (Have to be a business to purchase, Opti-Coat is the commercial brand.)

Came out looking great! Just curious, whats the difference (if any) between Opti-Coat and Opti-Guard?

mach14604

Established Member
What HD Polish? Can enlighten me on the Alcohol Mixture? What do you mix when do you use it in the process?

xtremeskime21

Established Member
you always do a sick job man. i love detailing and do it on the side, and the perfection you achieve always makes me work even harder to achieve the same results. thanks for sharing!

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
truely a beautiful car man great find I love a mach 1 bring that to mustang week in myrtle beach i would love to see that in person

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
YA MISSED A SPOT!!!

:pepper: Just kidding. Absolutely amazing job. The car looked good in the before pics but holy hell what a difference. You have serious talent and patience of a saint!!

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Looks amazing, wow what a transformation. That's a lot of money but would be worth every penny. Thanks for sharing

Thanks. Its not cheap when you have to have this done professionally and correctly. Correctly being the most expensive part. lol

wow is all I can say---beautiful work.

Thanks.

Of all the Mach 1"s. I've seen, the orange & yellow ones are the coolest. Awesome car there, bud.

...Have to disagree, Comp Orange and Torch Red are the coolest. lol

That is awesome! Amazing work!

Thanks

Came out looking great! Just curious, whats the difference (if any) between Opti-Coat and Opti-Guard?

Opti-Coat is the commercial brand that anyone can get and its not a permanent coating. It will wear off between 2-3 years. Opti-Guard is the professional brand that is only sold to certain approved businesses, its much harder to apply and 10x stronger than Opti-Coat.

job well done sir! that mach looks amazing.

question though, did u use any product on the hood decal?

No product on the hood.

Nasty...looks amazing...nice work

Thanks

Awesome work and nice car, looks good!

Thanks

What HD Polish? Can enlighten me on the Alcohol Mixture? What do you mix when do you use it in the process?

HD Polish is a product made by the company 3D. As for the mixture its a 1:1 mixture of IPA 70%.

you always do a sick job man. i love detailing and do it on the side, and the perfection you achieve always makes me work even harder to achieve the same results. thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot.

truely a beautiful car man great find I love a mach 1 bring that to mustang week in myrtle beach i would love to see that in person

I actually plan to be there. Plan to be the cleanest mustang in attendance. lol

YA MISSED A SPOT!!!

:pepper: Just kidding. Absolutely amazing job. The car looked good in the before pics but holy hell what a difference. You have serious talent and patience of a saint!!

Yeah, a lot of people thought it looked good when I got it. After I was done, they thought I repainted it.

Grabber5.sl0w

Established Member
If this would have been a customers car....

Exterior Level 3 Package ($1500)
Engine Bay ($100)
Taillights ($75)
Opti-Guard ($300)

Total ($1975)

Products were 205 and HD Polish. Alcohol mixture to clean the paint. Opti-Guard (Have to be a business to purchase, Opti-Coat is the commercial brand.)

Trunk jambs were Chemical Guys Grime Reaper, assorted brushes and elbow grease.

No offense but for about $2,000, I would have thought you would have used a Zymol product. I understand it's a permanent solution but Isn't $300 for a product that's $69.99 a little much? Not trying to be an ass, just wondering what I should charge people when I do their cars. (Family and Friends)

Poppacapp

Established Member

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
No offense but for about $2,000, I would have thought you would have used a Zymol product. I understand it's a permanent solution but Isn't $300 for a product that's $69.99 a little much? Not trying to be an ass, just wondering what I should charge people when I do their cars. (Family and Friends)

For $2000, why would I use a Zymol product? There is nothing special about them. As for the Opti-Guard...its permanent, last easily 2-3 years, takes a certain process to apply and its actually $161 shipped. $300-400 is the going rate from other businesses/reputable detailers around the US.

You had to remember, I do this for a living and the price listed is what is valued for spending between 30-60 hours with a vehicle.

That stuff has only been proven to last 3-4 months. lol. I would never buy a Swissvax wax product. Way over priced and nothing special you get from them. Some detailers just use them to claim higher value out of their details. Telling a customer they use a $750 wax makes the customer think all the correct products are way overpriced and therefore expenses package work.

Poppacapp

Established Member
For $2000, why would I use a Zymol product? There is nothing special about them. As for the Opti-Guard...its permanent, last easily 2-3 years, takes a certain process to apply and its actually $161 shipped. $300-400 is the going rate from other businesses/reputable detailers around the US.

You had to remember, I do this for a living and the price listed is what is valued for spending between 30-60 hours with a vehicle.

That stuff has only been proven to last 3-4 months. lol. I would never buy a Swissvax wax product. Way over priced and nothing special you get from them. Some detailers just use them to claim higher value out of their details. Telling a customer they use a $750 wax makes the customer think all the correct products are way overpriced and therefore expenses package work.

True.

So with my black Shelby... paint correction would be needed.. bright light, scratches swirls etc.. previous owner probably washed it with sandpaper. Are there different levels to paint correction? Trying to estimate how much it would run to get my black paint to a mirror gloss.

Users who are viewing this thread