My Z06 got spiked by the cops!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah dude, that's some BS right there. Especially for the cop to say all that and then be like Oh well we might help you out. What if you had spun and wrecked the car and potentially got hurt? Bad move on their part. Find a lawyer friend and get down to business.

crazy427

Established Member
That sucks :nonono:

spiked2.jpg

But my question is, looking at this picture....how the f*** did the tow truck driver manage to get it on the flat bed without ripping off your bumper ?? My Cobra is not even lowered and when I got it towed last week the guy had a hard time getting it on even with wood ramps.

Gjacobs11

Established Member
That is terrible! I hope that they get that taken care of for ya. With what others have said about a lawyer I'd see what they are gonna do first but wouldn't hesitate to get one involved if they start screwing around with you. Never hurts to get a good name with the local smokies by giving them a chance to handle it without drawing a lawyer into it.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
nice not.

suck very much your vette looks sick though but still i funk up situation. if this were me it would take me 16 people with the same story told over and over again to get any money

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Shitty situation :shrug: glad nothing crazy happened to injure anyone.

The spikes are designed to slowly let the air escape to prevent total failure, which usually is when you lose control. Those spikes that are broke off in your tires act as little release valves.

I would agree they owe you tires and a tow. (and any other damage caused)

You may consider contacting your ins. co if you have body damage.

I don't see you getting screwed out, but I wouldn't accept any less than 100% reimbursement.

Good luck

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Yes, they didn't have that on ramp blocked. They need to man up and take care of you, if not..then it's lawyer time.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Sad how they can pretty much vandalize your car without any consequence :nonono:

Sad that people actually think that.

It was an accident, shit happens people. The Officer he talked to probably didn't say "hell yes we're gonna reimburse you" because it's not his decision to make. No way he should put himself out there like that.

At least wait to start bashing until the OP says they're not gonna take care of him. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shitty situation :shrug: glad nothing crazy happened to injure anyone.

The spikes are designed to slowly let the air escape to prevent total failure, which usually is when you lose control. Those spikes that are broke off in your tires act as little release valves.

I would agree they owe you tires and a tow. (and any other damage caused)

You may consider contacting your ins. co if you have body damage.

I don't see you getting screwed out, but I wouldn't accept any less than 100% reimbursement.

Good luck

This! It is more than likely the OP will be reimbursed 100%. He has his receipts and fortunately no damage was done to the body. The only real question is how long it will take to get reimbursed. Shame this happened, but the positive side is that it only resulted in the loss of two tires and a tow. Could have been worse.

Machdup1

Established Member
Wow I would be pissed but seeing that he apologized can't be to pissed off. How do the rims/wheels and front bumper look? Were they damaged too?

I might understand that the LEO was doing his job as he saw it, but I can still be pissed.

If I am driving a dump truck and I run over your car by mistake and I apologize are you saying that you wouldn't be pissed?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The sheriff must have been a ford guy.

:lol:

you should replace all 4 tires to keep the wear even. its a blown vette, one which you drive 150pmh+ all the time (i KNOW you!! lol).

keep the good ones as spares. (heck maybe even the spiked ones if they can be plugged).

and i bet the two rims on those tires probably have some issues as well. better send them back for an inspection juuuust to be sure. dont worry, ill bill them directly :thumbsup:

im sure the city/county/whomever will step up to compensate you. ive heard of people getting new wheels from nasty potholes that were left unattended for too long. something like this is more than obvious. it would be bad PR for them not to. BUT, im just curious as to the extent they will. luckily, you drive a vette, so they wont be like :nono: if the bill is high. like if you were driving some civic with pirelli pzeros on it. then they'd probably haggle with you lol.

good luck pete. check your wheels out and let me know if you need anything :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread