New SVE Drag wheels

kevinp

Established Member
Makes me wonder if Beefcake turned Racestar onto SVE's wheels, and pushing the idea of the lawsuit.

Sooner or later someone at Racestar would have noticed on their own so its moot.

Unfortunate thing is if both parties push it the price of both wheels are going to go up and the only people that will win are the lawyers most likely.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Makes me wonder if Beefcake turned Racestar onto SVE's wheels, and pushing the idea of the lawsuit.

I love the idea of a bigger market with more products to sell and more options for consumers.

In the case of this wheel. It is a blatant rip off. If you want to make a wheel, make a wheel. Just come up with your own design.

That said, by the time I saw this wheel posted online, Racestar already had their attorney's drafting letters.

And they should. If your going to copy someones product, you go to that company, and you have them private label it for you. You don't steal the design.

Look at some of the suspension products out there in different colors. They are obvious who makes them, they are identical. The reason you don't see lawsuits, is because they went to the company that designed them, and had them private label.

When I had my nutrition business. I used to have the # 1 brand I sell , private label protein powder for me.

It gave me 2 options for customers instead of 1, even though it was 100% the same product.

As far as "cheap" drag wheel. That's what race stars are. When your looking at bogarts at $500 per wheel. Over 2k per set. And you can pick up a set of racestars for under $800 to your door. They are a pretty good deal.

If you want an "inexpensive" front runner, then go get 2 spare tires and stick them on your car. Easy enough.

These are lightweight wheels, they clear the big brake packages, they look nice, the direct drill mount just as easy as bogarts or welds, and you can drive them on the street and not worry about them coming apart on you.

So, they aren't just a "drag" wheel.

That is what a set of bogarts at over $2k are. Not racestars for under $800.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I must not be as baller as you because I think $1k for a set of wheels(not including tires) that are only useful on a drag strip is a tad ridiculous.

If you're too ignorant to comprehend that competition in the marketplace ultimately benefits the consumer, then I don't know what to tell you. Enjoy paying for your overpriced, 15" wheels, I guess?

LO mothaaaa***in L!!!

35k dollar 5.0 - CHECK
1k dollar set of wheels - OUTRAGEEEEEE

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Weld Racing FTW!! American made, SFI approved, 100% streetable, lightweight, strong, affordable. What more could you want out of a drag wheel!?

faztcobra

Established Member
LO mothaaaa***in L!!!

35k dollar 5.0 - CHECK
1k dollar set of wheels - OUTRAGEEEEEE
It's not just wheels. Folks spend so much on the mustang, and it's a killer platform to mod on. You can easily be out $2.5k in no time trying to mod one of these with just the essential basics. $1k for wheels. Probably another $800 for tires for those wheels. Another $600-$700 for an offroad pipe/tuner/tune. And that's just the beginning. You gotta pay to play and with all the Paxtons/TVS/Turbos running around on this board, one could easily get the impression we have a lot of "internet millionaires" on here, but I'd bet there are far more "$30k millionaires" on these boards. That, and some people have priorities like children/families/etc. Personally, I could go buy a set of Bogarts today and be fine with that, but I won't even spend the money on race stars because I'm not gonna toss $1500 into a set of wheels/tires just for a number at the track.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I love the idea of a bigger market with more products to sell and more options for consumers.

In the case of this wheel. It is a blatant rip off. If you want to make a wheel, make a wheel. Just come up with your own design.

That said, by the time I saw this wheel posted online, Racestar already had their attorney's drafting letters.

And they should. If your going to copy someones product, you go to that company, and you have them private label it for you. You don't steal the design.

Look at some of the suspension products out there in different colors. They are obvious who makes them, they are identical. The reason you don't see lawsuits, is because they went to the company that designed them, and had them private label.

When I had my nutrition business. I used to have the # 1 brand I sell , private label protein powder for me.

It gave me 2 options for customers instead of 1, even though it was 100% the same product.

As far as "cheap" drag wheel. That's what race stars are. When your looking at bogarts at $500 per wheel. Over 2k per set. And you can pick up a set of racestars for under $800 to your door. They are a pretty good deal.

If you want an "inexpensive" front runner, then go get 2 spare tires and stick them on your car. Easy enough.

These are lightweight wheels, they clear the big brake packages, they look nice, the direct drill mount just as easy as bogarts or welds, and you can drive them on the street and not worry about them coming apart on you.

So, they aren't just a "drag" wheel.

That is what a set of bogarts at over $2k are. Not racestars for under $800.

So after the lawyer stuff is all over and LMR changes the center caps or something small so they can be sold again, is it safe to say you will be selling them also?

-Thomas

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I ordered a pair of the 15x10 dark stainless. I'll have them on the car around this time next week if all goes well. Pictures, and my opinion on the wheels to follow..
any pics yet...would like to see them mounted on the car and your input on quality of finish...my buddy was lucky enough to get his set ordered before the issues and should have them on friday in the painted black finish...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So after the lawyer stuff is all over and LMR changes the center caps or something small so they can be sold again, is it safe to say you will be selling them also?

-Thomas

I believe the sve's are a private label for lrs

not 100% on that though

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
It's not just wheels. Folks spend so much on the mustang, and it's a killer platform to mod on. You can easily be out $2.5k in no time trying to mod one of these with just the essential basics. $1k for wheels. Probably another $800 for tires for those wheels. Another $600-$700 for an offroad pipe/tuner/tune. And that's just the beginning. You gotta pay to play and with all the Paxtons/TVS/Turbos running around on this board, one could easily get the impression we have a lot of "internet millionaires" on here, but I'd bet there are far more "$30k millionaires" on these boards. That, and some people have priorities like children/families/etc. Personally, I could go buy a set of Bogarts today and be fine with that, but I won't even spend the money on race stars because I'm not gonna toss $1500 into a set of wheels/tires just for a number at the track.

Exactly.

I've seen the financial threads around here so I know that there are plenty of people here making $30k/yr, driving around a $40k car, and they're in credit card debt up to their eyeballs because of modifications. I honestly don't care enough about some internet bragging contest to go into debt to modify my car.

Being able to do what I want, when I want, with a paid off car is more important to me than being financially disabled by a car that's modded to the hilt, that ultimately no one really cares about.

Anyway, I digress. A lot of affluent people aren't rich because they make a lot of money, they're rich because they don't spend money on stupid shit, i.e. they know how to save. Spending $2k for a set of tires and wheels to gain a couple tenths at the track is a poor decision.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I think they look great!

qtp1.jpg

qtp3.jpg

qtp4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread