No ADM

roadace

Banned
Fortunately no. I did call my lawyer and he more or less laughed and said he couldn't imagine an angle where the plaintiff would walk away with any type of damages awarded to them.

I'll bet you car dealers all have your lawyers on speed dial.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Majority of businesses do in a sense, more so for clerical work; approving pay plans, contracts, etc.

I'm sure your bark is much worse than your bite. That beer offer still stands.

gravedgr

Established Member
Do you have a hardon for trying to elicit a response from 13Cobra, or is your general dislike of dealers just runneth over?

I don't know Nick from Adam's housecat, but he has been more than willing to help with Q&A despite getting nothing from me for his time. I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have a hardon for trying to elicit a response from 13Cobra, or is your general dislike of dealers just runneth over?

I don't know Nick from Adam's housecat, but he has been more than willing to help with Q&A despite getting nothing from me for his time. I'd say you're barking up the wrong tree.

He's just one of those guys. No skin off my back.

I joined this forum to ask and answer questions...it's been great for that. Also adds a little entertainment on slow days :dancenana:

roadace

Banned
Majority of businesses do in a sense, more so for clerical work; approving pay plans, contracts, etc.

I'm sure your bark is much worse than your bite. That beer offer still stands.

That is quite interesting. I own two successful businesses and haven't spoken to a lawyer in over 5 years. Never had a run in with the police because I don't break the law. Never had to deal with an IRS audit because I pay my taxes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is quite interesting. I own two successful businesses and haven't spoken to a lawyer in over 5 years. Never had a run in with the police because I don't break the law. Never had to deal with an IRS audit because I pay my taxes.

Ok? That's great to hear.

Sounds like I'm more reserved than you, and would like to make sure all of my employment paperwork is legally binding.

I haven't gotten this much attention since I was in college. Thank you.

HEMI DAVE

Established Member
I have been trying to buy a new SVT for years and cant get one without an ADM.
Couldn't get a GT350R or even GT350 at MSRP or even close.
Got a C7 Z06 at a discount instead.
At this rate I will only own an SVT Mustang if it's used. :whine: IMG_4642.JPG

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have been trying to buy a new SVT for years and cant get one without an ADM.
Couldn't get a GT350R or even GT350 at MSRP or even close.
Got a C7 Z06 at a discount instead.
At this rate I will only own an SVT Mustang if it's used. :whine:

Beautiful car. You just need to be talking to the right dealers...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Dealers using the rest of the market to base their pricing methodology is NOT collusion.

There are atleast 3 companies that would be out of business yesterday if that was the case. AAX, firstlook, and vAuto. As well as true car, cars.com, autotrader, and cargurus.

In my opinion, you could do everything right and be the model car dealer, and someone will still sue you, because people are sue happy. Having an attorney close by when you handle millions of dollars in transactions every year, is a must.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You'd think that would be common sense...

Well, not everyone deals with multi millions of dollars in transactions/ year. But everyone has an opinion on a car dealer. And that's ok too. Doesn't mean they're right

stags

Established Member
Y'all are missing s big point here... It's about who you know...

If you take the time to cultivate a relationship with a dealer you could get adms waived. If you treat them as a disposable service they will treat you as a disposable customer. if you buy your cars from the same guy and have them serviced by him they'll take care of you

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Y'all are missing s big point here... It's about who you know...

If you take the time to cultivate a relationship with a dealer you could get adms waived. If you treat them as a disposable service they will treat you as a disposable customer. if you buy your cars from the same guy and have them serviced by him they'll take care of you

Preaching to the choir.

krt22

Established Member

I own zero businesses yet speak to lawyers all the time, never had a run in with the police either, go figure that one out.

Just because you have never deal with lawyers in your small little world, doesn't mean they only stand to serve folks in a jam as the tone of your reply is suggesting.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At the end of the day, we shouldn't feed the troll.

The ADM's on these cars are still going nuts. Just spoke with a friend of mine that retailed his for $17k over...started asking $25k over.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Did you go to law school while you were a car salesman?

What's your issue here? Doesn't seem like you want to stay around long. I'm even not quoting the two posts that have been deleted.

krt22

Established Member
He's a troll. I'm starting to believe he was already on 6g and banned twice there (same antics, pure inflammatory trolling from the get go)

Users who are viewing this thread