NorCal Dyno Day Results

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Nice #'s by everyone :thumbsup: It seems everyone had concervative mods but pully and chip was the norm. I don't feel so bad now though, it seems I put up better #'s without those mods. I guess that's a testamonial for JDM's header package. I must say though I'm really surprised my the Mach 1. The way people were talking them up, I expected bigger #'s. It's still good for a stock NA 4.6. I'll admit news of gatherings like this makes me proud to be a Cobra owner. Now we SoCal guys need to show them how it's done. :lol:

Mach1driver

Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
I must say though I'm really surprised my the Mach 1. The way people were talking them up, I expected bigger #'s. It's still good for a stock NA 4.6.

Just curious what you consider bigger numbers??? I'm more then happy with the numbers that it put up especially considering it was 100% stock down to the factory filter. This isn't a troll or anything just curious what you were thinking acceptable numbers were??

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Nice #'s by everyone :thumbsup: It seems everyone had concervative mods but pully and chip was the norm. I don't feel so bad now though, it seems I put up better #'s without those mods. I guess that's a testamonial for JDM's header package. I must say though I'm really surprised my the Mach 1. The way people were talking them up, I expected bigger #'s. It's still good for a stock NA 4.6. I'll admit news of gatherings like this makes me proud to be a Cobra owner. Now we SoCal guys need to show them how it's done. :lol:

I think you're off here. The Mach I was 100% bone stock. It put down some sweet #s. Plus it was beautiful. As were all the SVTs there today. :beer:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
It seems everyone had concervative mods but pully and chip was the norm. I don't feel so bad now though, it seems I put up better #'s without those mods.

SoCal - not sure what you mean that pulley and chip were the norm. I think only one '03 has a chip and that was the S281 Saleen Cobra. These numbers are great for basic mods. And better than that, we all had a blast.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
I think you're off here. The Mach I was 100% bone stock. It put down some sweet #s. Plus it was beautiful.B]

Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to bag on the Mach 1. I honestly thought it was rated higher. Hence the surprised comment. And again good #'s by all. ;-) :beer:

NorCalRedfire,
I guess my eyes crossed. 3 of 9 modded '03 Cobras listed chip&pulley. For some reason the first time I read it I thought it was more. By the norm I meant the most repeated mod.
;-)

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by sohowcome
Good Dyno numbers!!!

Larry I will like to have my '96 Imapala SS mailed to my house on MOnday :D

j/k

PLease open the package I send you outside and away from anybody or anything else. Hold it tightly while opening. :lol: :lol:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Mark:

Thanks. Great web site! I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. What a day! We just couldn't stop grinning. :)

Charlie

Mach1driver

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
I think you're off here. The Mach I was 100% bone stock. It put down some sweet #s. Plus it was beautiful. As were all the SVTs there today. :beer:

Thank you sir your truck was gorgeous also, heck I'd love to trade you colors!!!

03DOHC

Established Member
Just an FYI, results from different dyno's aren't really directly comparable, as it's relative. I hope everyone had a great time, I know I did!:beer: I can't wait to do it again! Maybe we can go to Sears Point or Sacramento Raceway next?

On a slightly different note, I pulled up the data from my dyno and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on why my chart is so jagged at the top? It looks like it starts to get jaggedy (is that even a word?:))at 5700rpm or so.

griffined

SVT driver
There's an option called smoothing in Runviewer that can help that.

Thanks again Dan and Larry, for making this go so well.

Where should I send/post the pictures from today?

Ed

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach1driver
Just curious what you consider bigger numbers??? I'm more then happy with the numbers that it put up especially considering it was 100% stock down to the factory filter. This isn't a troll or anything just curious what you were thinking acceptable numbers were??
Given 15% driveline loss your numbers = 325 BHP. Guess the '03 Cobra isn't the only underrated Mustang on the market...:thumbsup: :beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Thanks Ed. I switched it from five to one and that's when I noticed how jagged the top of the pull was. I was just wondering if that's normal or not?

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Ed - you can send the pics to me if you'd like & I can add it to the page I'm making of the pics I took. I am uploading my "gallery" page to the server right now... should be online in a few minutes. I'm gonna start on the videos in a few minutes... I really want to get at least 1 online before 10PM. :burnout:

Gallery available NOW!! 88 pictures -------> clickie

Charlie, Dan, Larry - thanks for the kudos guys. My wife and I had a great time.

BTW Dan/Larry... if the SVTperformance guy (sorry, can't recall his name) wants them for this site (or the soon-to-be-posted video mpegs)... they are free to him for the taking.

One last thing. I will make a VHS copy of all the dyno runs today to anyone who wants it. Please PM me within the next few days if you would like a copy. All I ask is to be reimbursed for the cost of the tape ($2) plus shipping.

Edit: Tape is crap - sorry guys... see post below for explination

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread