NorCal Dyno Day Results

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by griffined
Did I mention I have pics?
:)
:D :thumbsup:

Originally posted by griffined
Well, I have video of the 1st car which was Jon, my 01 Cobra, and the Mach1's pulls. It captured OK, I just haven't edited or encoded it yet, but I should be able to do that Sundday.

Here's some still pics.
That's a real nice Sonic Blue Cobra!;-)

attachment.php

CaliCobra

Established Member
Good job you guys. Good to see some real world back to back numbers for various set-ups.

2 observations.

1st, Did they always remember to turn the TC off before the run? If your TC was kicking in you would get a jagged graph at the point it started to sense spin. Those drums dont have the greatest traction.

2nd. I was surprised by the "lowly" Mach's numbers. Seems a damn bit stronger than I would have expected. Considering it beat out the stock 01 Cobra rated 15 HP more than it was and stock. I guess that explains their ability to post good acceleration times with "only" 305 HP.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by CaliCobra
Good job you guys. Good to see some real world back to back numbers for various set-ups.

2 observations.

1st, Did they always remember to turn the TC off before the run? If your TC was kicking in you would get a jagged graph at the point it started to sense spin. Those drums dont have the greatest traction.

2nd. I was surprised by the "lowly" Mach's numbers. Seems a damn bit stronger than I would have expected. Considering it beat out the stock 01 Cobra rated 15 HP more than it was and stock. I guess that explains their ability to post good acceleration times with "only" 305 HP.
Yes, they specialize in Mustangs, so they know to disable the TC before making pulls. I tuned the "smoothing" down to see what it looked like. All the printed pulls were "smoothed" before printing, so they don't appear as jagged as the one I posted.

I was impressed with the numbers the Mach 1 put down too. Nice car!:beer:

Our 17 vehicles put down 5858rwhp. That's equal to about 500 honduh's with lots of stickers and grapefruit shooters!:D

Last edited:

Chris C

Established Member
it was great!!! i had a lot of fun... We should schedule another one for the begining of summer or something. :beer:

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
Nice #'s by everyone :thumbsup: It seems everyone had concervative mods but pully and chip was the norm....

Let's just say we were all "baseline-ing*" .....next time we'll come back with more mods and non-winter gas. [sinister laugh on] heh, heh, heh [/sinister laugh off]

*baselining? baselineing? - I can't spell!:shrug:

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
......Our 17 vehicles put down 5858rwhp. That's equal to about 500 honduh's with lots of stickers and grapefruit shooters!:D [/B]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

griffined

SVT driver
Originally posted by CaliCobra
2 observations.

1st, Did they always remember to turn the TC off before the run? 2nd. I was surprised by the "lowly" Mach's numbers. Seems a damn bit stronger than I would have expected. Considering it beat out the stock 01 Cobra rated 15 HP more than it was and stock. I guess that explains their ability to post good acceleration times with "only" 305 HP.

I had a post it note on my car's steering wheel that said "Turn off TC for Dyno Pulls!" The dyno operator read it and said something like, "Duh, it doesn't work right if you don't!" So yeah, they knew to do it.

The 01 Cobra was mine, and as far as the Mach1 having more power, I take it as a positive sign that the folks at Ford have continued development and refinement of the N/A version of the 4V DOHC motor. Nice to see something good among the stories of exploding gas tanks and production holds.;-)

griffined

SVT driver
The car above was getting a TB installed before it's dyno run if I remember correctly.

I hope folks with dial up connections don't mind all of the pics.

The picture below is the Saleen Vert that made the highest numbers of the day, on it's second pull late in the day after a long cool down.

griffined

SVT driver
Mark's family is a two Cobra household, but unlike me, he has to share with his wife!:rolling: He said prefers the Cobra's over other cars.:beer:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Man, Sweet stuff. You guys did a great job, thanks for posting all the cool pics and links. I'm so jealous.:thumbsup: :beer:

griffined

SVT driver
This Mach1 was the first one I had seen in person. It was totaly stock, and had about 3500 miles on it. Manual transmission too, in case any one was wondering. We kept comparing the color on it to the Cobra next to it.

s281cobra

Established Member
Hey everyone

It was great meeting everybody in person, and seeing all the cars, it was alot of fun!

I'm still wondering why there was so much difference in the number on my car from the morning to the afternoon, the car sat for about 3 hours before the morning pulls, and it was pretty cold and moist out then...........then it sat for around 4 hours and was warmer and drier out and it gained 24rwhp and 23rwtq, I mean I would understand a +or- 5 gain but 20+.....:shrug:

Anyhow I'm going to have Byron tune and burn a chip and see what that will do.

Kevin

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by s281cobra
Hey everyone

It was great meeting everybody in person, and seeing all the cars, it was alot of fun!

I'm still wondering why there was so much difference in the number on my car from the morning to the afternoon, the car sat for about 3 hours before the morning pulls, and it was pretty cold and moist out then...........then it sat for around 4 hours and was warmer and drier out and it gained 24rwhp and 23rwtq, I mean I sould understand a +or- 5 gain but 20+.....:shrug:

Anyhow I'm going to have Byron tune and burn a chip and see what that will do.

Kevin
The Tech's said your car didn't come up to temperature on the first run, so the computer pulled timing or something like that. Surprising that it wouldn't be warm enough on the 3rd pull though.

Users who are viewing this thread